do yo really not care what people think

i care what some people think

Its. About self confidence,if you believe yourself then it doesnt matter what they think about you

it takes a lot of self confidence to listen and care about what others think of you.

People with no self confidence rely on what others say about them.

And people with no self confidence automatically dismiss what others say about them to cover up their insecurities as a defense mechanism.

In my opinion, nothing is more "alpha" (to use sherdog terminology) than someone who can listen to criticism, internalize it and analyze it from an objective stance.

My outward appearance is a reflection of my inner self. If I am confident, I'm not going to walk around in sweats and a meatball stained t-shirt.

in the absence of other people there's no such thing as "reflection of my inner self".

what's so horrible about caring about what other people think, anyway?

I care what people think if it directly impacts my well-being, i.e. I care what my boss thinks of me, etc.

Other than that, there are very few people who's opinion of myself is important to me, those are limited to very very close friends and family.

In my opinion, nothing is more "alpha" (to use sherdog terminology) than someone who can listen to criticism, internalize it and analyze it from an objective stance.
It depends on what you do from there. Do you heed those critics to better yourself or are you doing so just to satisfy someone else? If it's the latter, you are a lapdog, not an alpha.

in the absence of other people there's no such thing as "reflection of my inner self".

what's so horrible about caring about what other people think, anyway?
In your case, it prevents you from liking Dragonball Z.

It depends on what you do from there. Do you heed those critics to better yourself or are you doing so just to satisfy someone else? If it's the latter, you are a lapdog, not an alpha.

no, the former. If you change yourself for the sake of others then you are a lapdog like you said.

I care what people think, cause I like people. That's different than changing or doing anything based on what other people think though.

For the most part, no I don't care as evidenced by my willingness to come on Sherdog and make stupid posts....seriously now, peoples judgements of us have very little to do with us and everything to do with the person thinking and judging....

Well it depends...I care what my friends and family think as well as people who directly affect my wellbeing (like a teacher, cop, potential employer, etc...). Beyond that, I give less fucks than average.

no, the former. If you change yourself for the sake of others then you are a lapdog like you said.
How do you separate the two?

If a poor singer took lessons, in response to criticism, would they be a lapdog? If they were alone on an island, or in the shower, it's unlikely that they would feel the need to alter their technique. What about a poor cook, a poor teacher, or a poor lover?

I care what people think, cause I like people. That's different than changing or doing anything based on what other people think though.

it's not different. in any situation, caring about what people think of you is something that will influence your actions and how you present yourself.

it'd be really foolish to say you would be the same person you are today if you grew up in a different culture, or in isolation, right?

I would say that the main problem with caring so much about what others think of you is that it stunts your individuality and turns you into what is basically a mannequin. You would be a lot more interesting if you just did your own thing and let the chips fall where they may.

I personally don't give a shit what people I don't know think about me.

I think everyone cares to an extent what others around them think.

Back