do yo really not care what people think

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Everyone always says what other people think doesnt matter...but it seems like its a line people put out to come off as apathetic or independent. When in fact they along with most of us care about how people perceive them...think of them..react to them.

People go to school...get married..stay married...have kids...have abortions...lie..or put on fronts all to impact/control what people think...

So do you care what people think or do you believe some people generally don't care or that everyone cares on some level.

I like to tell myself I don't care what other people think but tbh I do. At least some people; I care what some people think of me.

I have been practicing meditating. It really helps if you suffer from social anxiety

We all care to some extent, it's part of being human. I try to honestly care as little as possible. Most people aren't worth the trouble... especially when you are already getting laid regularly. That has a lot to do with it.

I try not to.I get teased at work for not spending money on dumb shit,drinking,and other stuff.But in the end,most of these guys don't have money saved,they complain about going to work for a shitty job but don't want to look for a way out.I go to job fairs,job expos,got my schooling done.In the end,Im gonna have the last laugh b-yoch :icon_twis

Yes and no.

Friends, family, authority figures, pretty girls-yes

Strangers and assholes-no

I care what some peopel think, not many though.

Anybody who wears clothes in the street is conscious of what others think.

Yes and no.

Friends, family, authority figures, pretty girls-yes

Strangers and assholes-no

this, especially those purty gurls. Actually I could care less what guys think of me, da fuck do I care what some dude thinks of who I am.

I used to be extremely insecure in High School. I was always concerned with what everyone around me thought, wanted everyone to like me, and despite being a good athlete/attractive/relatively popular I rarely dated because I was stupidly picky and only wanted the hottest girls in school.

Then I graduated and realized that none of that shi* mattered. There will always be people you don't get along with, and the only thing that truly matters in life was finding and doing something you enjoyed, regardless of what anyone else thought about it.

There are only a few people who I actually care what they think of me, the rest I couldn't care less as I have no interest in being/acting like something I'm not to appease anyone anymore.

I think everybody does to some extent. In general, I want people to think highly of me... although it doesn't bother me if some don't.

Idk man it's really weird. I really really don't want to care what anybody thinks of me, except my gf of course, but I just can't seem to do it. On the outside I say and may act like I don't care but in the back of my mind its there. Any help with this?

I care less than most, that much I know.

I don't want people to think im a big dick, but I do want them to think I have a big dick.

I think everybody does to some extent. In general, I want people to think highly of me... although it doesn't bother me if some don't.
People will think more highly of you if you don't care what they think.

Yup. If I didn't I would be a jobless virgin. Unless you are a socio-path or it just so happens you can please everyone without putting any thought into it chances are everyone cares about what people think of them to some extent.

Back