• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do Want the Cashier to Talk to You About Your Life

I'm always friendly with them but I don't ask how their weekend was or anything. Just exchange pleasantries.

Yea, actually I'm fine with it. I get coffee for my wife from a nearby garage every morning. Today I was chatting with one of the young girls there about how she's got herself a girlfriend, then one of the (gay) guys comes over to bitch about his ex. I enjoy chatting to the staff and building a rapport with them.

Thats a lot of gay

Yea, actually I'm fine with it. I get coffee for my wife from a nearby garage every morning. Today I was chatting with one of the young girls there about how she's got herself a girlfriend, then one of the (gay) guys comes over to bitch about his ex. I enjoy chatting to the staff and building a rapport with them.

At any point in the conversation did you pull out change and make it rain sir? Lol

Big chain coffee shops have a checklist of things the cashier is supposed to do, including asking a personalized question and offering an upsale...

Yup, it's called suggestive sales.

My favorite is when you end up behind the little old lady who only went to the store to talk to the cashier...

And you can't even give them crap because they are really old you you know that that trip to the store was their highlight for the week or month.

I LOVE YOU I GOT YOUR BACK GRANDMA!

You were raised right sir.

I have no idea what means but have a like anyway....

Like change from your pocket and throw it up in the air...hence "make it rain".
Like you would do with bills in a strip club, only nobody is showing you tits so they get change lol.

I’m ok with a little small talk from bartenders and whores, but that’s about it.

I strike up conversations with cashiers all the time
If I go to the same stores and see the same people week after week after week, Im not gonna act like I dont recognize you or remember our interaction last week, thats weird and uncomfortable
Sometimes a quick little "Hey, good to see you" and a smile can change a persons shitty day, why not be that guy
Its all about enriching dat soul, @Smokes

I strike up conversations with cashiers all the time
If I go to the same stores and see the same people week after week after week, Im not gonna act like I dont recognize you or remember our interaction last week
Sometimes a quick little "Hey, good to see you" and a smile can change a persons shitty day, why not be that guy
Its all about enriching dat soul, @Smokes

True sir.
It drives my wife nuts that I talk to everyone, but she can wait in the car if she wanted to lol.

Back