• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do Want the Cashier to Talk to You About Your Life

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I just seen a tik toc that shows Starbucks is cutting workers hours for not getting to know their customers. That sounds silly to me. I don't want the cashier asking me about my life when all I want is to get my shit and get on with my day. Small talk is pointless and a waste my time and its the reason I love the self check out line. I don't care about their day and they don't give shit about mine. Starbucks and other companies need to wake up and realize people are busy and ain't got time to be talking to the workers for no reason

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/starbucks-barista-connection-score-tiktok/

Yea, actually I'm fine with it. I get coffee for my wife from a nearby garage every morning. Today I was chatting with one of the young girls there about how she's got herself a girlfriend, then one of the (gay) guys comes over to bitch about his ex. I enjoy chatting to the staff and building a rapport with them.

My favorite is when you end up behind the little old lady who only went to the store to talk to the cashier...

And you can't even give them crap because they are really old you you know that that trip to the store was their highlight for the week or month.

I LOVE YOU I GOT YOUR BACK GRANDMA!

Yea, actually I'm fine with it. I get coffee for my wife from a nearby garage every morning. Today I was chatting with one of the young girls there about how she's got herself a girlfriend, then one of the (gay) guys comes over to bitch about his ex. I enjoy chatting to the staff and building a rapport with them.

If it's a place where I'm a regular then yes, that's nice.

That's weird to me. I go to the same grocery store 3-4 times a week and see the same 5-6 employees there every time I go and I don't say shit to any of them. I just grab my stuff and go to the self checkout to avoid them. I guess I just an asshole.

Depends on the shop. If I’m a regular I’ll shoot the shit with a cashier. The people who run the beer and wine shop at the corner or the lunch spot nearby, it’s always the same guy, I go there often and im happy to take five to get to know the workers. I’m those cases it’s the store owners, but I interact with them in their roles as cashiers.

At a Starbucks, I want to be in and out fast. There’s usually a line and the order pickup area is often a bit of a mob scene. I value efficiency from the baristas more than personal connection. I’m sure many of them are great, but the environment doesn’t welcome that sort interaction.

That's weird to me. I go to the same grocery store 3-4 times a week and see the same 5-6 employees there every time I go and I don't say shit to any of them. I just grab my stuff and go to the self checkout to avoid them. I guess I just an asshole.

I like self checkout, but with a shopping cart full of groceries fuck it let them scan it and bag it.

If its like a local store by your house you go to all the time, maybe if the people who work there are chill and it isnt busy I could see getting to know people over time.
I dont think it should be required though.
Especially if its a busy spot.
It really irritates some people and holds up the line.
And yes sometimes I just want to grab my shit and get out.

It's almost as if we're individuals..

I fucking hate those cafés were the cashier asks for your name and want's to call your name when the coffee is done..

Motherfucker, i wan't a black coffee, i don't want to give you my name and i don't want you to shout my name..

And then we'll have someone else who absolutely wants their coffee personalized..

Reactions: HHJ
I expect them to discuss with me what type of shit their coffee is about to make me take.

Not after my experience at the Shell station. This blonde Rosie O'Donnell sized linebacker used to hit on me every time I'd go in there.

Nope. I usually prefer the thoughts in my head.

Big chain coffee shops have a checklist of things the cashier is supposed to do, including asking a personalized question and offering an upsale...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back