• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do Want the Cashier to Talk to You About Your Life

If someone wants to make small talk, I don't care, I'm not an antisocial twat like the rest of you lot... as long as there aren't people behind me... that would be inconsiderate.

If someone is forced to pretend to care, no. Wtf would be the point of that?

I use self checkout if avail always.

I get enough chat from clients as is...

Well, not all that much. The cashers talk and comment quite a bit though where I shop. I figure the store asks them to do so. I usually lightly joke with them.

Last time I was buying groceries, an asian cashier was complaining in broken english to me about paying to much tax. I'm not entirely sure where she is from but I'm guessing Korea. I didn't have a joke for the tax complaint.

I think it would be a customer by customer basis. Coffee shops have historically been a community hub. Starbucks is the first to turn them into a commercial product. We (Southern Cal beach town) used to have a coffee shop that would play live music and all the young people would spend friday and saturday evenings there to find out where the parties, bond fires, BBQ's or other events were taking place at. Everyone knew the workers and the workers knew everyone. Now there's just starbucks.

Depends on the situation, most good independent coffee shops have bad customer service from my experience, but the average chainy ones seems to have amazing customer service, and just great work ethics in general.
My way of thinking is if you seem like you're forcing the conversation because of ticking job boxes, I probably think you're an ass hole and will end the conversation ASAP, where as if you seem genuine and there's practical time for it, then absolutely a chat with someone serving you can be great and maybe even uplifting or educational.. I've been on both sides of this having worked in service jobs for over a decade and most people on both sides are cunts you wouldn't want to talk to lol.

Regular with the 3 coffee places I frequent.
So is normal to flirt with girl cashier & just have a nice convo.

Most neighborhood places I frequent is same(warm & chatty), is nice thing to feel/interact on a daily basis at local shops/places or what not.

Last edited:
Yea, actually I'm fine with it. I get coffee for my wife from a nearby garage every morning. Today I was chatting with one of the young girls there about how she's got herself a girlfriend, then one of the (gay) guys comes over to bitch about his ex. I enjoy chatting to the staff and building a rapport with them.

Coffee from a garage eh?

I bet that drops the ol panties.

Coffee from a garage eh?

I bet that drops the ol panties.

Yup. Mainly because of the rohypnol I drop in it.

It's a gas station I think you chaps in the US call it but there's a coffee place inside it and it has a mini mart thing too.

Last edited:
If it's a place where I'm a regular then yes, that's nice.
As a regular at certain places, I enjoy more personal banter. I rarely go to Starbucks, but I find it forced and a bit invasive when some random barista starts trying to engage with me beyond surface level courtesies. Just give me my overpriced drink and fuck off lol

Well I didn't really have much choice... the girl at the base coffee shop just kept giving me crap every day till I remembered her name LOL

She's actually pretty fun... also hot.

Back