• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No one mentioned Chandler has more leverage than what people think

you are kidding?

islam - conor is the fight to make

more than chandler

he could try avenging his loss to khabib somehow, just before getting subbed again
Conor doesn't deserve Islam....the fighter or the religion

Even now, probably only for 1 more fight, Conor would be the A side of any fight they could put together. There's a reason Chandler sat out and begged from the sidelines for this, he has 0 leverage other than being exciting and a very hittable stepping stone towards McGregor sustaining some kind of relevance

If I was Chandler, I would literally ask Conor to wire me 1M security deposit to wait for him

I'm sure he's being paid to wait. It's hard to imagine he just decided to forgo a few years income for a hypothetical big payday.

Chandler is barely relevant, he's 2-3 in the UFC and overstates his own importance. He just happens to fit the mould of the perfect guy for Conor to get a highlight reel KO. Wrestling base but doesn't really wrestle like that, short, relies on explosiveness for striking over actual good striking. He'll walk straight into a left hand and get put out clean.

Seriously, if Chandler decided to forgot about the Conor fight and moved on to something else, what would be left for Conor?

He is already scared about fighting Chandler, and won't take any little risk, knowing it's probably the most tailored made relevant opponent for him.

He won't fight Poirier, Oliveira, Islam, Leon, Colby, RDA, Gaethje, Topuria, Max, Volk, maybe Nate or Tony but it seems the hype would fall flat.
Honestly, Chandler is the ONLY current relevant UFC fighter that Conor would (maybe) be open to fight.

The way Conor is finding the smallest excuse, picture him fighting someone else...... He will need one more year of "special" preparation, getting injured again etc.. etc....
Not having a relevant fight with the UFC would be bad for his brand.

If I was Chandler, I would literally ask Conor to wire me 1M security deposit to wait for him, if not ......on to the next.

I like Conor vs Nate, or Conor vs Aldo. Anything else is hard to hype

Imagine being a keyboard warrior with no real contribution to MMA, prob never had an ammy or pro fight, but willing to call former champs who've been in the cage multiple times "afraid."

No leverage, there is always a fight for Conor, it will sell the same, Chandler is getting played here, he just wasted his final years waiting for him, would he make much more against Conor than a few others? Sure, but Conor fight doesnt seem to be happening...

Imagine being a keyboard warrior with no real contribution to MMA, prob never had an ammy or pro fight, but willing to call former champs who've been in the cage multiple times "afraid."
you're the type of guy that would enjoy eating, and not being able to criticized a puffed diarrhea dish cooked by a 3 star michelin chef.

Seriously, if Chandler decided to forgot about the Conor fight and moved on to something else, what would be left for Conor?

He is already scared about fighting Chandler, and won't take any little risk, knowing it's probably the most tailored made relevant opponent for him.

He won't fight Poirier, Oliveira, Islam, Leon, Colby, RDA, Gaethje, Topuria, Max, Volk, maybe Nate or Tony but it seems the hype would fall flat.
Honestly, Chandler is the ONLY current relevant UFC fighter that Conor would (maybe) be open to fight.

The way Conor is finding the smallest excuse, picture him fighting someone else...... He will need one more year of "special" preparation, getting injured again etc.. etc....
Not having a relevant fight with the UFC would be bad for his brand.

If I was Chandler, I would literally ask Conor to wire me 1M security deposit to wait for him, if not ......on to the next.
He doesn't need to fight someone relevant. He could fight the FW version of Stipe at LW or WW and pretend a win over a former champ will cement his legacy as the greatest of all time.

Back