Do the people comparing Askrens boxing match pay to the UFC realise Triller LOST money?

Actually it’s not uncommon form boxing promotion like Top Rank, DAZN, PBC, actually lose MILLIONS per event because athlete pay.

Every event is essentially a giant gamble and they rolling dice. Sometimes they make big profits but taking big losses isn’t unusual
Like Hollywood then. They make hundreds of movies every year, while the top-10 generate 50% of the revenue. Lots of movies lose money, but the tent-pole movies usually do so much money that they cover for the losses of those low(er)-budget productions.

Are we really still talking about the joke of a 2 min event with plastic belts? What they paid Askren has zero do to with them failing as a business. Calculators are on every phone. People should learn how to use them.

I have absolutely zero idea why some people are so obsessed about finances in MMA:
- fighters salaries,
- PPV points,
- TV rights and so on.
I'm right there with you. It seems like 25% of posts are about this. I don't get it, but maybe it's because I'm employed and have sex.

They found out they went over budget on Lazer Lights and Jake's mascot

<BC1>

Imagine bringing in 1.3 million PPV buys at $50 a piece and losing money.

<{Joewithit}>

Askren didn't just make 500k, he is getting a cut of the PPV. And I doubt that Triller lost money when they sold 1.5 million PPVs at $49.99 a pop

The event might have been sh*t for MMA hardcores, Boxing purists etc. But for Gen Z and most casuals it was the "coolest" thing in the world. I personally could not care less and enjoyed the circus.
Askren, on Helwani’s show, said he was not able to negotiate PPV points in his contract

If they lost money it wasn't because of paying Askren 500K, though I have a feeling he also had PPV points because he didn't seem to mind losing that much and Askren has apparently invested his money wisely so $500K while a significant amount of money shouldn't be enough to him to make him seem okay with being knocked out by Jake Paul.

People can believe what they want but the event brought in $75 million and Ben was the most UNDERPAID person in the building.

He was everywhere leading up to the fight promoting the shit out of it.

I was watching Luke Thomas’ podcast (big mistake, I know) but he simultaneously complained that Askren got more money from boxing while saying that Triller lost money on the event. The event was put together to promote some app apparently.

All the Triller fight proves is that Askren didn’t deserve anywhere near 500k since the company didn’t break even. The UFC was paying him the right amount.
It’s safe to say that you didn’t take economics in college lol

I really doubt they lost money. Unless maybe it all went to Justin Bieber or something. But they certainly didnt lose money from fighter pay.

I have absolutely zero idea why some people are so obsessed about finances in MMA:
- fighters salaries,
- PPV points,
- TV rights and so on.
Living vicariously through your heroes lol

money is going to be helpful for askren when he is dealing with CTE in 10 years

Back