Do the people comparing Askrens boxing match pay to the UFC realise Triller LOST money?

I was watching Luke Thomas’ podcast (big mistake, I know) but he simultaneously complained that Askren got more money from boxing while saying that Triller lost money on the event. The event was put together to promote some app apparently.

All the Triller fight proves is that Askren didn’t deserve anywhere near 500k since the company didn’t break even. The UFC was paying him the right amount.

Actually it’s not uncommon form boxing promotion like Top Rank, DAZN, PBC, actually lose MILLIONS per event because athlete pay.

Every event is essentially a giant gamble and they rolling dice. Sometimes they make big profits but taking big losses isn’t unusual

Idk who funds triller, but damn they have some good backing. They must’ve spend sooo much on the A list celebrities there
Bieber? why did you make that word plural

Every "celebrity" that performed on that card is an open Luciferian if you know what symbolism to look for (Including Jake Paul).
Ben Askren could feel it and even commented on it although he didn't actually know what he was looking at.
Hidden in plain sight is how they roll.

Just like Netflix passing out $100 million dollar deals to people like the Obama's.
They will never recoup that investment in a thousand years but that isn't the point.
It's paying off their uppermiddle tier goons with dark money.
What did Ben say?

Every "celebrity" that performed on that card is an open Luciferian if you know what symbolism to look for (Including Jake Paul).
Ben Askren could feel it and even commented on it although he didn't actually know what he was looking at.

Just like Netflix passing out $100 million dollar deals to people like the Obama's.
They will never recoup that investment in a thousand years but that isn't the point.

<EdgyBrah> My favourite part of these conspiracy theories is that they always require you to believe in christianity in some form for it to make any sense and the people who believe it have no self awareness that anyone who doesn't believe their bullshit religious stuff probably wouldn't take it seriously even if it didn't sound stupid on its face

The premise Ben was overpaid seems way off. They overpaid musical artist and guest commentators. Ben and to some extent Jake did plenty to sell the fight on their own without them spending millions to turn it into an even bigger circus.

Askren didn't just make 500k, he is getting a cut of the PPV.

Nope. He said they signed the contract late, and he "settled" for 500k without points even though he felt he had earned them through promotion. He said he got the impression they would move on to the next fighter on the list if he dug his feet in for ppv points.

I have absolutely zero idea why some people are so obsessed about finances in MMA:
- fighters salaries,
- PPV points,
- TV rights and so on.

Actually it’s not uncommon form boxing promotion like Top Rank, DAZN, PBC, actually lose MILLIONS per event because athlete pay.

Every event is essentially a giant gamble and they rolling dice. Sometimes they make big profits but taking big losses isn’t unusual

I’ve heard this too. Can you post some links showing this (losing money on events)?

You’re not a boxing fan are you?

Nope, not really. I googled his name and saw that he's 23 and has a win over Lomachenko, who I've heard of but never really watched.

Is there any other reason why I should know he exists? Is he the next Muhammad Ali or something?

I was watching Luke Thomas’ podcast (big mistake, I know) but he simultaneously complained that Askren got more money from boxing while saying that Triller lost money on the event. The event was put together to promote some app apparently.

All the Triller fight proves is that Askren didn’t deserve anywhere near 500k since the company didn’t break even. The UFC was paying him the right amount.
Smart people dont talk about other people business. Expecially when it comes to profits. Nobody knows shit.

<EdgyBrah> My favourite part of these conspiracy theories is that they always require you to believe in christianity in some form for it to make any sense and the people who believe it have no self awareness that anyone who doesn't believe their bullshit religious stuff probably wouldn't take it seriously even if it didn't sound stupid on its face

Listen I get it, Ignorance is a warm cozy blanket.
After making that post you probably sipped a high fructose cornsyrup drink in one hand then tossed some GMO frankenfood in you cock-gobbler.
I too used to be like you, the unkempt and oblivious lemming.
God speed, you're gonna need all the help you can get to escape your mental prison.

What was the non-fighter budget? They had a tone of “talent” working this show.

Listen I get it, Ignorance is a warm cozy blanket.
After making that post you probably sipped a high fructose cornsyrup drink in one hand then tossed some GMO frankenfood in you cock-gobbler.
I too used to be like you, the unkempt and oblivious lemming.
God speed, you're gonna need all the help you can get to escape your mental prison.
*sent from my iphone

Wouldn’t be surprised if Triller indeed is some money laundering scheme or some other shady shit that’ll get exposed in a couple months/years.

W...What?

Back