Do some people just randomly hate you?

office skanks always causing drama.... smh. That's why i'm so thankful I don't work near any gossip corporate hos anymore.
It was years ago, but yeah it was pretty much overnight I was completely ostracised. He was really damned hot though so fuck it. It was worth it.

I work with old people in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I've had plenty of people who have dementia curse my name and become combative. They aren't really consciously doing it though.

However in high school there was an art teacher that hated my guts for a reason I couldn't understand. I took a few art electives but never had him as a teacher but I would often stay after school to work on projects. He always criticized my work without offering anything constructive and one day after school when I was talking with a classmate he told me to shut up. I had also lost my glasses one day and the last place I remember wearing them was in one of the art classrooms. I went back to ask the next class if they had seen them and before I could finish my sentence he said, "Nobody has seen your glasses, now get out."

.....I found them in the hallway right outside the room cracked in half later on that day. I always wondered if he had actually found them and broke them on purpose.

It's really weird when you think about it. High school teachers really had beef with teenagers.

My coworkers wife hates me. At work get togethers, I can tell she's just seething as she looks at me when I'm talking.

No idea why because I get along with pretty much everyone.

They don't hate you for that. They expect you to say no. It's more important how you say it.

I usually say Sorry, wish I could help or something like that.

I usually don't carry cash and politely tell them as such. I've experienced plenty of them asking me to go take money out of the ATM and bring it back to them. Pretty brazen shit......like I'm just gonna get my wallet out and turn my back to you while I'm pulling money out of my checking account. I can't be nice to someone trying to get me to do that.

I used to work at a movie theater and I had 3 general managers I worked for. I got along great with the first two GMs but the last one was this dickhead from Florida named Kevin. He was only a few years older than most of us ( we were all mostly high school students) and wanted us to call him Mr. Peters? It wasn't a big deal but we called all the managers by their first name even the much older ones

This guy Billy was one of the supervisors and he would tell me every time they'd have a staff meeting "Mr. Peters" would always make a face when my name was brought up even though he never got any complaints about my job performance. Billy had brought my name up when they talked about needing some of us to do inventory in the morning and Kevin roll his eyes like "whatever." He was about one smart remark away from me knocking him unconscious

Had no idea why he disliked me. Maybe he didn't like black men. Who knows. I remember he almost got into a fight with my friend Justin who worked there after he started messing around with Justin's girlfriend. LOL

I work with old people in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I've had plenty of people who have dementia curse my name and become combative. They aren't really consciously doing it though.

However in high school there was an art teacher that hated my guts for a reason I couldn't understand. I took a few art electives but never had him as a teacher but I would often stay after school to work on projects. He always criticized my work without offering anything constructive and one day after school when I was talking with a classmate he told me to shut up. I had also lost my glasses one day and the last place I remember wearing them was in one of the art classrooms. I went back to ask the next class if they had seen them and before I could finish my sentence he said, "Nobody has seen your glasses, now get out."

.....I found them in the hallway right outside the room cracked in half later on that day. I always wondered if he had actually found them and broke them on purpose.
How is it it in nursing homes right now work wise?

My head of year was one of my favourite teachers, he was the head of the art department. I loved my other two art teachers as well. I ended up in an argument with an English teacher and she sent me down to him. He sat me down in his office and his office, made me a cup of tea and gave me free reign of all the art books so I could calm down. He and the two other teachers were lovely and I got an A on my coursework and exam in art...because I was actually pretty good and loved it. He went to prison for touching up a boy in the pottery room...and I don't believe it for a second that he did it. I was gutted for him.

How is it it in nursing homes right now work wise?

My head of year was one of my favourite teachers, he was the head of the art department. I loved my other two art teachers as well. I ended up in an argument with an English teacher and she sent me down to him. He sat me down in his office and his office, made me a cup of tea and gave me free reign of all the art books so I could calm down. He and the two other teachers were lovely and I got an A on my coursework and exam in art...because I was actually pretty good and loved it. He went to prison for touching up a boy in the pottery room...and I don't believe it for a second that he did it. I was gutted for him.

It's not ideal but we're coping....some of the residents are having a hard time with it. Especially one the ones that don't have any sort of cognitive decline and like to socialize. At the facilities I've been working at activities aren't held in groups, meals are eaten in their rooms, family/visitation is only taking place outdoors and at a far distance, and masks are mandatory for all residents in the hallways. Staff have been good/better about sanitation/PPE protocols and we're seeing a lot less c-diff cases jump from resident to resident which is a good thing. The mental health of some of our residents is pretty concerning though with how lonely and isolating nursing homes have become since March.

Things really slowed down for our subacute caseload. People aren't getting elective surgeries that require therapy/skilled nursing in order to safely transition home and a lot of facilities aren't accepting new admissions from the hospital in order to keep their campus COVID-free. Pretty tough on therapy staff to maintain their hours when there aren't as many patients to treat. Therapists are having to use up PTO to maintain full time work status otherwise they're laid off or downgraded to part time and they lose their benefits. Nurses are fine though, most working SNFs haven't missed a beat.

All the time, but only when they first meet me.

I’m shy and suffer from anxiety, so it takes a little while to warm up to people. I’m also not exactly hideous. These two things allow most people an incorrect assessment of me when we initially meet.

I was at a party last year and I listened to an entire three minute conversation between some guy my friend knew and him from outside the door... where this guy went on about how I seemed like a stuck up asshole.

It damn near hurt my feelings. But we’re good friends ourselves now. Social anxiety is a bitch.

I get it a lot online, not so much in real life. If it makes them feel better it's no big deal, I can take it.

It's not ideal but we're coping....some of the residents are having a hard time with it. Especially one the ones that don't have any sort of cognitive decline and like to socialize. At the facilities I've been working at activities aren't held in groups, meals are eaten in their rooms, family/visitation is only taking place outdoors and at a far distance, and masks are mandatory for all residents in the hallways. Staff have been good/better about sanitation/PPE protocols and we're seeing a lot less c-diff cases jump from resident to resident which is a good thing. The mental health of some of our residents is pretty concerning though with how lonely and isolating nursing homes have become since March.

Things really slowed down for our subacute caseload. People aren't getting elective surgeries that require therapy/skilled nursing in order to safely transition home and a lot of facilities aren't accepting new admissions from the hospital in order to keep their campus COVID-free. Pretty tough on therapy staff to maintain their hours when there aren't as many patients to treat. Therapists are having to use up PTO to maintain full time work status otherwise they're laid off or downgraded to part time and they lose their benefits. Nurses are fine though, most working SNFs haven't missed a beat.
I really hope you are appreciated as much as you deserve to be, you're really flippin brave. And a wonderful person for going in every day.
My mum died in a nursing home last year with brain cancer. My step dad and I while we would rather still have her are relieved she went when she did before Covid started. Him not being able to go in and see her, she wouldn't have understood what was going on even though her brain was all gooey anyway. And he would have been doing his nut not being able to see her either.

Stay safe, m80.

lol at getting bent over ppl 'hating you'.
grow a pair, dweedle.

most ppl in the world are good, decent folks but still irrelevant.
the others are scumbags unworthy of any consideration.

I really dgaf and that might upset people but as I already said...

I really hope you are appreciated as much as you deserve to be, you're really flippin brave. And a wonderful person for going in every day.
My mum died in a nursing home last year with brain cancer. My step dad and I while we would rather still have her are relieved she went when she did before Covid started. Him not being able to go in and see her, she wouldn't have understood what was going on even though her brain was all gooey anyway. And he would have been doing his nut not being able to see her either.

Stay safe, m80.

Lol thanks. Feels like everyone appreciates me except my employers. Business as usual for them. I appreciate the discounts I get from companies and business for being in the medical field but honestly I'd rather see that on my paycheck.

We've had a few residents pass away(non Covid deaths) and we couldn't let the family or loved ones in to be with them in their final moments. Pretty awful for everyone all the way around. It sounds like you and your step dad found some kind of closure with her passing, far more than what people are getting these days.

A lot of guys hate me because my wife is out of my league. They're wondering why they have to settle for their dumpy ass girlfriend when they're better looking than I am.

So occasionally I have to remind them that it pays to actually have a career and move out of your parents house and stop thinking life is about weed and pro wrestling.

After that, they seem to hate me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back