Do some people just randomly hate you?

I spent much of my teen years wondering why so many people hated me from the moment they met me.

It turned out that many of the "friends" who introduced us in the first place were prepping these encounters by talking shit about me in advance.
I had a coworker who did this to me. He was the only person I knew in the building and I was only there for a few minutes a day. Anytime someone asked about me he'd talk shit.

After a while it got back to me but it's still a bit of a train wreck. I broke away from him and that whole group but he's still under the impression we're work friends. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire though.

Some people hate me. I wouldn’t say it’s random. I have a polarizing personality. Probably because I have a dark sense of humor. I watch a lot of standup comedy. So the same old dad jokes that idiots around the office tell, and think are great, just don’t do it for me. But I feel like the jokes I think are funny are considered too risqué by many of them. Plus, I don’t put up with passive aggressive bullshit. If I have a problem with someone, I let them know about it. I think about half the people I encounter really like that. And half of them really hate it.

I teach 300 students in a course that most are forced to take which doesn't align with most of their majors so they go into the course thinking they'll hate it. I can turn some, but quite a few will hate no matter what I do.

I didnt like humanities either.

Randomly, probably not, not since I was in school.
Does this mean that no one hates me these days? Of course not, but there's usually a reason for it.

I don’t really care if a bad persons dislikes me. I guess I did get annoyed with how this one guy hated me but liked everybody else though. It just seemed unfair. But at the end of the day I didn’t want to be his friend because I could tell he was a scumbag. It just interests me that you can be hated by somebody for nothing at all.

I learned (and still have to remind myself) not to project my actions unto other people. In other words, I personally don't hate or even dislike someone unless there is a reason... other people aren't like that.

I think life will give you more than enough douchey people to legitimately dislike, no need to go creating enemies for no reason. I never understood that.
<Fedor23>

I've had different male coworkers absolutely hate me until they actually talk to me and get to know me.

its usually them projecting/compensating for something, such as being a manlet or ugly as shit. jealousy basically.

I'm tallish, in halfway decent shape, and look/dress nice. and not afraid to show confidence. this can make small men absolutely irate until they actually talk to me and find out I'm respectful to everyone and not on any bullshit.

I teach 300 students in a course that most are forced to take which doesn't align with most of their majors so they go into the course thinking they'll hate it. I can turn some, but quite a few will hate no matter what I do.
Statistics?
I"m thinking you teach a math or science that fulfills a lower division requirement for most Liberal Arts/Sciences majors
edit: nevermind, you answered it

Reading your post, can tell this wasn't a racial type of hate.
Edit: wasn't a racial type of hate thread

I like to think I'm a pretty friendly guy, but I have partied with some random people and it seems like people hated me because I have some law enforcement friends and they thought I was a snich because of it....but got no stitches so i'm good now.

Ive known a couple people throughout my life that didn't like me for no reason. In HS, there was this one kid who just started hating me out of nowhere, it was really obvious. I didn't even talk to the guy and had very little interactions with him that lasted about 2 secs so I had no idea where it came from. I noticed it because of his demeanor towards me had changed or I should say became noticeable.

He would mumble sarcastic remarks whenever the teacher or someone else was talking to me about something. Funny thing is though he would never interact with me directly, but it was second hand bullying attempt I think. Probably knew I would smack him if he ever tried anything in my face. Almost did a few times, dude was one of those that talked big, but ran like a bitch when it got serious.

Alas he passed away a couple years ago, even tho I didn't like him, it still shook me up a bit when I found out.

Also more recently theres this weird dude at work that I could tell never liked me based on his interactions with others and with me. We started the same day and since then its one of those people where there is constant tension there. Dude didn't like me right off the bat for whatever reason and it showed, so naturally I'm not the biggest fan either. For a little while it seemed like he had eased up with his dislike but then outta nowhere it came back, lmao. Either way I don't interact with him unless its work related.

At a past job, I had two women that hated me with a passion.

I was brand new a hired from outside the organization. However, they applied for the job I got. They assumed because they were an internal hire, they would have gotten the job (it was a raise in pay for them). They were jerks to me as a punishment for getting the job they wanted.

Fast forward 15 years and there is another person at one of my jobs that always talks down to me and continues to always "CC" my supervisor when contacting me. I assume that one of her friends applied for the position I was given. We don't work in the same building, so we don't have contact that often. So, whatever.

the vast, vast majority of the human race

incorrect...my vantage point is simply above the common man who then interprets such a perspective as insulting (e.g. "rubbing it in his face")

if you acknowledge that there are geniuses in the world...then you must acknowledge that certain levels of thought are beyond your comprehension
{<jimmies}

Has to do with chemistry sometimes. Some other times there's some petty reason behind it like your background, colour, job, wealth, looks, etc.

People will hate you for very silly things and with time it gets worse. They will seethe at the very thought of you. There have been neighbours that
feuded for 20 years that can't recall what started it.

Is not difficult to identify them and when you do it's best to just stay away instead of trying to win them over.

Back