Do some people just randomly hate you?

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
I try to be a nice person. Sometimes I feel like I can be a bit annoying if I start talking too much, but generally I consider myself a polite person who is mostly inoffensive. I was just thinking about this one guy who just despises my guts. He despised me immediately and I could never understand a legitimate reason for the way he felt. We would still talk because we’d find ourselves together with other people who we both liked and I would still try and be polite, but the guy’s hate for me only grew and grew. He is a piece of shit so I don’t trust his judgement much.

I know pretty much everyone experiences people not liking them but sometimes it’s just bizarre. I have disliked people from our first interactions, but I still try to give them a chance. Some people just seem to have it in for me and I don’t get it. It’s happened to me quite a few times.

Anybody feel like this happens to them a little too frequently?

I have quite a few experiences relating to this in the work place. Especially when I was young and niave.

Most the people I worked with were much older than me. While I'm the new guy, trying to be friendly with everyone in order to have good working relations. Big mistake!

Kindness is mistaken for weakness.

I have quite a few experiences relating to this in the work place. Especially when I was young and niave.

Most the people I worked with were much older than me. While I'm the new guy, trying to be friendly with everyone in order to have good working relations. Big mistake!

Yes kindness is definitely mistaken for weakness. And yes a lot of the time it is older people.

Yeah only really at work for me too. I started dating the office hottie and suddenly ALL the women turned on me. Jealous cows.

I have a few enemies here and another forum but that don’t matter.

Yeah only really at work for me too. I started dating the office hottie and suddenly ALL the women turned on me. Jealous cows.

I have a few enemies here and another forum but that don’t matter.
office skanks always causing drama.... smh. That's why i'm so thankful I don't work near any gossip corporate hos anymore.

You Chinese?

filipinos love me but I’m Polynesian and seems like they want to be Polynesian tbh
Nope, white. Throughout my life, anytime someone has hated me for no reason, it's been a Filipino person. I'm near San Diego and theres a ton of em here, so I have countless experiences.

Nope, white. Throughout my life, anytime someone has hated me for no reason, it's been a Filipino person. I'm near San Diego and theres a ton of em here, so I have countless experiences.
I’ve had a similar experience with one Filipino who ran a corner store. He would always be polite with other customers — even customers who I could tell were scumbags and were on drugs — but he was always cold with me. I might not always like too much small talk but it was just weird. I felt like he hated me.

Every once in a while I'll walk in a room and upon sight a girl declare us mortal enemies to death. No clue what the deal is there. Hasn't happened in a couple years though; hopefully that's over.

Then every once in a while the friends of someone I'm working with will talk shit because I'm not tripping over myself to be nice to them.

The cook at my local bar/club actually started bringing my name up in staff meetings. I never saw or interacted with the guy and he'd been trashing me for over a year. A couple years later he tried to instigate a fight with me after i helped break up a fight.

Back