Do people really believe Conor can beat Tony Ferguson?

Really? After watching him fight nate diaz? Really???

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

How about everything nate did that Tony does better?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???

I absolutely 100% believe conor can murder tony in under 2 rounds or less....tony isn't going to take conor down...tony is a good scrambler, when guys go for takedowns on him..he's good at reversing them...but most of his fights, are standup fights...tony doesn't have the take downs like a khabib....and tony was almost ko'd by pettis...a guy who doesn't have nearly the same power, speed, and explosiveness as conor does....while pettis nearly ko'd tony, conor would finish the job...

Tony subs Conor after early trouble.

3rd or 4th round finish for Tony

I absolutely 100% believe conor can murder tony in under 2 rounds or less....tony isn't going to take conor down...tony is a good scrambler, when guys go for takedowns on him..he's good at reversing them...but most of his fights, are standup fights...tony doesn't have the take downs like a khabib....and tony was almost ko'd by pettis...a guy who doesn't have nearly the same power, speed, and explosiveness as conor does....while pettis nearly ko'd tony, conor would finish the job...
A lesser version of Tony in every way subbed Conor then lost a narrow decision.

Tony finishes what Diaz couldn't in the 2nd fight. Conor doesn't have that one strike ending fight ability outside of one fight..... Tony survives early and conor is gassed as fuck by the 3rd.... Gives his neck by the 4th when tony is actually murdering him on the ground.

You definitely did. I'm just confused since your thread title and OP seem to argue that you think Ferguson would be a huge favorite. Almost like Conor has only a 'punchers chance'. Lines like these:

"Do people really believe Conor can beat Tony Ferguson?"

"...outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?"

"How about everything nate did that Tony does better?"​

But when pushed a little, you admit it should be close to even odds.

So thanks for clarifying.

That's how odds work

So we’re not able to envision a KO? Well then, ya. I guess his odds of winning decrease a bit.

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???

Tony gets rocked by journeymen all the time. King Conor would rock him and finish him in the first round

Tony is a better version of the Diaz's with a more damaging style, use of elbows, and more explosive sub game. He has been rocked in almost every fight he's been in, is very hittable early, and is a just bleed style fighter who has relied on toughness and is entering his late 30s which means at some point that chin is gonna crack.

Conor beats the shit out of him for 1.5-2 rounds and gets stopped before they reach the 5th. Whenever Tony's chin finally gives up he falls fast out of the top 5 because of his willingness to get hit.

tony is hittable and gets dropped by everyone. Against conor he would get tkod.

Of course Conor can beat Tony. He has ridiculous accuracy and power in his left hand and Tony has been caught by lesser fighters. I could easily see Conor beating Tony not unlike how he did Alvarez, just dropping him over and over again until Tony is done. I think Tony is the overall better fighter but I see Conor as a bad match up for him.

But of course I can easily see Tony winning as well.

tony is hittable and gets dropped by everyone. Against conor he would get tkod.

Tony has been knocked down legitimately by 3 fighters. He's slipped a few times besides that.

Conor can't be anyone a UFC have not paid to take a dive for him

Conor can't be anyone a UFC have not paid to take a dive for him

I'm not going that far. I think his stand up is legitimate, perhaps slightly more than gaethje's but conor has an energy about him gaethje doesn't have. Only tony, khabib, masvidal and conor are in that conversation.

I'm not going that far. I think his stand up is legitimate, perhaps slightly more than gaethje's but conor has an energy about him gaethje doesn't have. Only tony, khabib, masvidal and conor are in that conversation.
I respect that....bur seriously if Conor was that confident he would have fought Justin Gaejthe

Conor beat Nate with leg kicks in the rematch. Tomy doesn't have a particular weakness against leg kicks, so you can throw that game plan out the window. And Tony knows what Conor's game plan is. Land the left hand. Tony would drown him within 3 rounds.
He also dropped Nate like two or three times as well and Tony gets dropped all the time, no way he fights McGregor and doesn't get cracked hard at some point.

He also dropped Nate like two or three times as well and Tony gets dropped all the time, no way he fights McGregor and doesn't get cracked hard at some point.

Ok, and he also recovers every single time. Tony's gonna drown his ass.

If Pettis and Vannata can hurt Tony, Conor can finish him.

Back