Do people really believe Conor can beat Tony Ferguson?

Whatever the odds were in favor of conor in nate 2 fight, flip them in favor of tony and I take that bet
Interesting. Because those were almost even odds. source.

UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 Aug 20th 2016
-125 -155 – -125
+100 -105 – +125

UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz Mar 5th 2016
-300 -585 – -400
+258 +280 – +400​

Really? After watching him fight nate diaz? Really???

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

How about everything nate did that Tony does better?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???
Tony slices and dices him like a tomato either standing or on the ground , Tony will force the pace , yes he might get caught but Tony Ferguson is a true warrior when in trouble , McGregor is a true tapper when in trouble .

Last edited:
Presumably like this

giphy.gif

So many things dude on bottom did wrong there. Tony isn't rolling for a kneebar or heelhook out of desperation

I like that fight.

Everyone should remember that was the same talk before Mendes,Aldo, and Eddie....yet here we are today.

Last edited:
Interesting. Because those were almost even odds. source.

UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 Aug 20th 2016
-125 -155 – -125
+100 -105 – +125

UFC 196: McGregor vs. Diaz Mar 5th 2016
-300 -585 – -400
+258 +280 – +400​

You asked I answered. Odds are skewed in Conor's favor. So a slight favorite by tony is more comparable to a lock realistically.

Conor is not KOing Tony

imo

Even if Conor scores a knockdown, no way he has the guts to follow him down to try and finish

If he does, Tony submits him

Otherwise, Tony savages Conor late, Conor gives up his booty like usual

Tony wins

imo

How did he break his arm?

its not important how he did that, its not common that you fight with a broken arm the full distance and win the fight, but yeah, to satisfy u, michael broke it by using his head or kicking it dont remember,
but in the end, tony is since then 12-0 and michael 8-9 ???

You asked I answered. Odds are skewed in Conor's favor. So a slight favorite by tony is more comparable to a lock realistically.
You definitely did. I'm just confused since your thread title and OP seem to argue that you think Ferguson would be a huge favorite. Almost like Conor has only a 'punchers chance'. Lines like these:

"Do people really believe Conor can beat Tony Ferguson?"

"...outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?"

"How about everything nate did that Tony does better?"​

But when pushed a little, you admit it should be close to even odds.

So thanks for clarifying.

100 percent conor gets out paced and run over. This should not even be a question.
Tony couldn't take Conor's pressure and power. Tony would get rocked early and wouldn't get time to recover with a finisher like Conor

Really? After watching him fight nate diaz? Really???

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

How about everything nate did that Tony does better?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???
Refresh my memory because I don’t recall Tony ever beating Diaz at WW. Conor did . Tony instead beat Cowboy and Pettis , so did Diaz. Diaz even out boxed MJ, Tony didn’t. Diaz has only been KO’d once . He is no slouch and MMA math doesn’t always work . 36 year old Tony needs to fight 31 year old Conor and my money is on Conor. Tony is a slow starter and Conor a very fast finisher.

When has conor ko'd a lightweight? Tko I've seen. Never a ko.

And I don't agree that tony has a lesser chin. But agree to disagree I suppose

His TKO's are pretty clear cut stoppages.

Maybe they not unconscious ... yet ... but there is zero TKO wins in there where you would think the guy was going to get back up.

This includes tough as hell Eddie Alvarez who is also know for his recovery ability.

Honestly it's a pickem fight. Tony gets hit and hurt alottttt! And Conor is extremely dangerous with his striking. Either Conor finishes him in the first 2 rounds or Tony wins as Conor fades. They both have the tools to really hurt each other. Conor with his excellent striking, power, accuracy. Tony with his insane cardio, durability, ground game.

Agree with this.

I can see CLEAR paths to victory for both of them against each other.

So many things dude on bottom did wrong there. Tony isn't rolling for a kneebar or heelhook out of desperation
It's also easy to maintain top position when you grab the fence ; p

[<cena1}<{Heymansnicker}><21>

Back