Do people really believe Conor can beat Tony Ferguson?

Conor is a great boxer with excellent accuracy. Tony doesn’t have great defense. Tony is also very dangerous in areas that Conor has show weakness. Conor definitely can beat Tony. The question more is will he ever fight Tony.

I see your point and raise you a: What has happened every time Conor has rocked his opponent and started quick?

Well I seem to remember a split decision and a choke. By a guy who isn't as good as tony Ferguson.

Let's try it this way: tony ferguson and nate diaz fight, both imposing nearly the same gameplan and skill sets. Who doesn't have tony by tko due to cuts? It's pretty simple, and I'm a huge nate diaz fan. Tony is a better fighter.

Conor is a great boxer with excellent accuracy. Tony doesn’t have the great defense. Conor definitely can beat Tony. The question more is will he ever fight Tony.

Ur asking a guy who has never ko'd anyone 155 or larger to ko two guys who have never been even tko'd in 28 fights either of them.

You understand that right?

Honestly its not a good matchup for Tony.

The funniest possibility would be if Tony beats Khabib and Conor beats Tony for the title. Then Khabib is the one begging for a title shot.

Really? After watching him fight nate diaz? Really???

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

How about everything nate did that Tony does better?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???
What bet would you take? Tony -300? Tony -500? Would you take Tony -2000?

Don't tell us "like OMG, Tony>Conor" That's worthless verbal wanking. Give us a reasonable statistical range of how much Tony should be favored by. Assume it's a 5 round bout.

Ur asking a guy who has never ko'd anyone 155 or larger to ko two guys who have never been even tko'd in 28 fights either of them.

Conor can beat Tony. He has strengths in areas that of Tony’s weakness. Conor can beat Tony. I didn’t make a prediction that he will, or give a probability.

I'm fully aware of your reasoning. I just think it's silly to believe that Conor doesn't pose a significant threat to Tony. Do I believe Tony wins this fight? Yes, I do. Do I think there is a real possibility of Conor winning? Again, yes I do.

I'm fully aware of your reasoning. I just think it's silly to believe that Conor doesn't pose a significant threat to Tony. Do I believe Tony wins this fight? Yes, I do. Do I think there is a real possibility of Conor winning? Again, yes I do.

If we were talking about justin gaethje, a guy who is admittedly chinny who doesn't use his grappling, who isn't choking shit, factoring in the odds a few leg kicks and some pace decimates Conor's power, it would be fair to be 60:40 conor

Gaethje has a punchers chance. Conor wins rounds even if his leg is mince meat and neither of them is finishing the fight late.

But Tony not only has sick chokes, and an unbelievable pace, he's a round winner and a finisher. I don't see how Conor gets away from one rolling kneebar ala tony vs Barboza. I don't see a world where conor throws everything he's got at tony, and doesn't get beat down for 3 1/2 rounds at least.

What bet would you take? Tony -300? Tony -500? Would you take Tony -2000?

Don't tell us "like OMG, Tony>Conor" That's worthless verbal wanking. Give us a reasonable statistical range of how much Tony should be favored by. Assume it's a 5 round bout.

Whatever the odds were in favor of conor in nate 2 fight, flip them in favor of tony and I take that bet

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???

He's got a shot. Tony gets hit pretty easy. Tony has more ways to win, but he still has to be able to execute. If he messes up, he's going to sleep.

It's not unfathomable to think that Conor would sleep Ferguson. I'd bet on Ferguson though.

Conor beat Nate with leg kicks in the rematch. Tomy doesn't have a particular weakness against leg kicks, so you can throw that game plan out the window. And Tony knows what Conor's game plan is. Land the left hand. Tony would drown him within 3 rounds.

Conor beat Nate with leg kicks in the rematch. Tomy doesn't have a particular weakness against leg kicks, so you can throw that game plan out the window. And Tony knows what Conor's game plan is. Land the left hand. Tony would drown him within 3 rounds.

Thank you. Jesus this is not rocket science

Dude, Conor would flatline Tony. Tony has good recovery, but a bad chin, unlike Nate, Nate just has a good chin. Tony's striking isn't good enough and I think Conor would pick him apart fast.

Yeah I believe McGregor CAN beat Ferguson, I wouldn't favor him over Ferguson but Ferguson takes a lot of damage and Pettis rocked Ferguson enough for him to scramble so I think McGregor could finish him early. I'd say 70/30 Ferguson.

You forgot that Conor is allowed to cheat as much as he wants in the grappling department.

And for your nice comparison, Tony lost the first round to Cerrone, got knocked down by few fighters and won others by fouls.

how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

Presumably like this

giphy.gif

does a bear shit in the woods?

Back