1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Do people really believe Conor can beat Tony Ferguson?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jpenwell14, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Really? After watching him fight nate diaz? Really???

Here's a general question for you, outside of a flash ko, which has never happened to Tony, how exactly does conor defend a rolling kneebar/imanari roll from Tony?

How about everything nate did that Tony does better?

Is this why Conor fans want him to fight khabib again/want khabib to win against tony? So he at least has a distinct advantage in something?

In all fairness he does match up favorably over poirier and gaethje but Tony? Really???

2. cburm Purple Belt

Honestly i can't even pick whod win but I would love to see that fight more than any

3. MMAMAX Purple Belt

MJ beat him.

4. OmegaRugal Red Belt

I think so because Tony while he has good recovery, I don't think his chin is as good as the Diaz bros.

Tony gets seriously rocked in multiple fights by inferior strikers, he just recovers well.

Getting seriously rocked by Conor usually means night night.

Either way, this is why they actually fight.

If we all just know who wins, there is no point in proving it.

5. DS66 Brown Belt

I haven't seen many people saying that or talking about a Conor/Tony matchup at all.

I agree it seems very unlikely that Conor would be able to beat Tony. But Tony is such an enigma that who even knows how that fight would go down.

6. Tony had a broken arm. Have you ever tried to fight someone with your arm broken?

7. MMAMAX Purple Belt

How did he break his arm?

8. When has conor ko'd a lightweight? Tko I've seen. Never a ko.

And I don't agree that tony has a lesser chin. But agree to disagree I suppose

9. Jdanois Blue Belt

Tony is very hittable and is also known for starting slow. To answer your question, yes. Conor can beat Tony. Has tony displayed skills to give Conor problems? Yes. It would be competitive.

10. Max Power Got The Touch Platinum Member

Do people really believe Conor could beat Poirier/Mendes/Aldo/Alvarez/Diaz/Cerrone?

We've been here before. Never question the GOAT.

11. Freak injury from blocking a kick. Has probably blocked a thousand kicks with that arm since then. And no one in their right mind would pick MJ over tony in a 5 round fight. Today

12. MMAMAX Purple Belt

Conor could break Tony’s jaw/orbital. Possible.

13. slicebergjim Banned Banned

Conor will beat the breaks off of Tony in the first two rounds but if he doesn’t get the job done by then, Tony will become the Boogieman and make the last three rounds living hell.

14. wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

Honestly it's a pickem fight. Tony gets hit and hurt alottttt! And Conor is extremely dangerous with his striking. Either Conor finishes him in the first 2 rounds or Tony wins as Conor fades. They both have the tools to really hurt each other. Conor with his excellent striking, power, accuracy. Tony with his insane cardio, durability, ground game.

15. nostradumbass Steel Belt

His arm was a ballewn.

16. Liverkick-king56 Purple Belt

Would probably look like the RDA fight where Tony plays it safe and technical for a bit trying to establish his jab and than rounds 2 and 3 come and he starts marching him down like he did Pettis.

When Ferg takes people serious he fights smart, he had zero concern for Pettis and Vanatta.

17. What has happened in every fight he was hit and started slow? He not only rocked but finished all of them.

18. Johnny_Knuckles Brown Belt

Yeah, Conor would beat him pretty handily

19. Jdanois Blue Belt

I see your point and raise you a: What has happened every time Conor has rocked his opponent and started quick?

20. 100 percent conor gets out paced and run over. This should not even be a question.