Do people realize that Cro Cop...

Cro Cop is coming back in 2013 in UFC - rematch with Gonzaga it will be a co-main event for sure. (JUST A WISH)

Just for the record he has 3 wins in 2012 so far i K-1 and for the New Year he is fightingunder MMA rules Suzukawa a Japan version of Brock Lesnar when he was WWE star :) - so we will see the LHK once more at least.

...he will finished the year with 4 wins and in February he will destroy Rizzo in Rio ....nice road back to Gonzaga rematch.

Cro Cop is only top 10 fighter Gonzaga has beat. GG is not an elite fighter but Cro Cop is one of the greatest heavyweights of all time.

I agree that's a good way to put it.

I think Cro Cops prime was around 2002-2003. He was losing his speed after that.

Plus the guy has had 7 surgeries, you can't be the same after 7 surgeries.

That was an upset loss, Cro Cop won the rematch. Cro Cop was better than Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Schaub and Nelson.

Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Schaub, and Nelson could have all beaten him in 03 and 04. He would be the favorite against most of these guys but lets not act like he didn't lose all the time.

Randleman of all people ko'd him

8-7 Mark Hunt decisioned him

Nog subbed him after being on the ground for about 10 seconds

Fedor, a sloppy(yet effective) brawler managed to outstruck the guy

Wanderlei, a LHW, took him to a draw

Cro Cop was not some indestructible killing machine who walked through everyone. Its a myth.

Lol I'm a bit confused by your intentions here.

obviously Cro Cop was great, and he's a legend and all. But he was always pretty one dimensional, and the reason why people seem to disagree as to when exactly his prime was (I've seen 2002 mentioned, I've seen 2006 mentioned, thats a span of 4-5-6 years) is probably that he was always suspect to being thrown off of his game. Be that flush ko's or whatever.

Cro Cop is only top 10 fighter Gonzaga has beat. GG is not an elite fighter but Cro Cop is one of the overrated heavyweights of all time.

Fixed. Randleman ko'd him, Nog sub'd him after being on the ground for 10 seconds if that, Gonzaga ko'd him, Wanderlei took him to a draw, Hunt beat him.

I have Cro Cop in my top 5 HWs of all time but the guy was not a killing machine. He got beat ALL THE TIME.

Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Schaub, and Nelson could have all beaten him in 03 and 04. He would be the favorite against most of these guys but lets not act like he didn't lose all the time.

Cro Cop was not some indestructible killing machine who walked through everyone. Its a myth.

At least you acknowledge he'd have been the favorite against them.

obviously Cro Cop was great, and he's a legend and all. But he was always pretty one dimensional, and the reason why people seem to disagree as to when exactly his prime was (I've seen 2002 mentioned, I've seen 2006 mentioned, thats a span of 4-5-6 years) is probably that he was always suspect to being thrown off of his game. Be that flush ko's or whatever.

Yep I got you before I just wasn't sure if you were trolling lol it's hard to detect humor sometimes over here.

Fixed. Randleman ko'd him, Nog sub'd him after being on the ground for 10 seconds if that, Gonzaga ko'd him, Wanderlei took him to a draw, Hunt beat him.

I have Cro Cop in my top 5 HWs of all time but the guy was not a killing machine. He got beat ALL THE TIME.

Cro Cop wasn't a very consistent fighter many would agree with that, I agree Cro Cop is a top 5 heavyweight.

not overrated, come on.

he was never the no 1 hw in the world but it doesn't make him overrated.. he has a lot of good wins, josh barnett x3, wanderlei, igor, mark coleman, herring, randleman, yoshida.

220px-Cro-cop-filipovic.jpg

i have cro cop @ 4.

fedor
nog
couture
cro cop
barnett

He did not get beat all the time, wtf are you smoking?

Randleman timed that shot perfectly, no shame in losing to him and he avenged his loss the same year.

The Mark Hunt fight was close and could have gone either way, again no shame in losing to him.

Then losing to the #1 and #2 is nothing to be ashamed of either.

You're clearly trying to make it seem like his losses are bad (when they're not). And I have not seen anyone in this thread make him out to be an indestructible killing machine, you're trying to fabricate something that's not there.

Last edited:
Even "prime" CC was always prone to KO upsets. The Michael McDonald, Kevin Randleman and Gonzaga fights are all eerily similar in circumstances.

eerily similar? he got sparked by a hard strike in each... spooky.

I agree, a "prime" Cro Cop would have walked right through that kick to the head.

What a load of horse shit. I love the revisionist memory you people have. CroCop WAS in his prime when he fought Gonzaga. That fight was barely six months removed from him winning the open weight GP and kicking Wandy's head into the crowd. At the time he entered the UFC everyone was saying he was in his prime and would walk through the HW division. Just because that didn't pan out doesn't mean he wasn't in his prime. It means he was fighting a better class of fighter.

What a load of horse shit. I love the revisionist memory you people have. CroCop WAS in his prime when he fought Gonzaga. That fight was barely six months removed from him winning the open weight GP and head kicking Wandy into the crowd. At the time he entered the UFC everyone was saying he was in his prime and would walk through the HW division. Just because that didn't pan out doesn't mean he wasn't in his prime. It means he was fighting a better class of fighter.

Gonzaga was a better class fighter than Barnett, Nogueria and Fedor? I don't know if you're serious.

His chin has never been legendary, he has been stopped by strikes in K1 and MMA before that.

The shots that KO'd Mirko woul'dve KO'd most....People.

His chin is fine for the most part, has been for awhile, the Randleman KO was brutal, as was Gonzaga, but both were massive shots that landed right on the button. That's the risk you take when you stand up and bang for 90+ fucking fights.

Randleman KO'd Cro Cop, Serra finished GSP, these things happen once in a while.

Cro Cop couldn't have had more than two years of grappling experience when he fought Big Nog who had the most dangerous submissions in MMA back then. He was still fighting in K-1 in 2003 and he wasn't fully committed to MMA. He brought Werdum to teach him in 2004 IIRC. Cro Cop tried to get back up but he left his arm hanging in there and Nogueira capitalised his mistake.

Wanderlei was a beast back then and Cro Cop was extremely green MMA fighter when they fought. He hadn't developed that great sprawl at that point so Wanderlei was able to take him down whenever he wanted. I'm sure you're aware that that fight had special rules (5x3min, no judges).

Back