Do people realize that Cro Cop...

He looked physically incredible when he first got into MMA. Not skill wise, but his reaction time, strength, speed etc were awesome to watch. He was not at this level when he won the OWGP or fought in the UFC.

I truely believe he was one of, if not the greatest athletes to compete in the sport.

I dont know how damaging K1 fights are, but its not uncommon for proboxers to have 100+ amateur bouts before becoming pro, but they dont claim that it took away their abilities.

Igor had 60 k1 fights and 60 mma fights (and im sure many boxing fights) before he fought Mirko, but no ones claiming that he was out of his prime or that it harmed in any way.

Even before the gonzaga kick, mirko was getting beat up on the ground and getting elbowed (he did state in an interview that he hadnt trained for elbows).

But then, as MiroHa above said, Mirko is like randy or hendo in that he never truly had an "MMA Prime" because his technical skills only started to improve after he lost his athletic prime, so maybe a 2002 mirko, despite being more explosive and faster, would still get taken down by gonzaga because he hadnt yet developed a great sprawl.

I dont know how damaging K1 fights are, but its not uncommon for proboxers to have 100+ amateur bouts before becoming pro, but they dont claim that it took away their abilities.

Igor had 60 k1 fights and 60 mma fights (and im sure many boxing fights) before he fought Mirko, but no ones claiming that he was out of his prime or that it harmed in any way.

Even before the gonzaga kick, mirko was getting beat up on the ground and getting elbowed (he did state in an interview that he hadnt trained for elbows).

But then, as MiroHa above said, Mirko is like randy or hendo in that he never truly had an "MMA Prime" because his technical skills only started to improve after he lost his athletic prime, so maybe a 2002 mirko, despite being more explosive and faster, would still get taken down by gonzaga because he hadnt yet developed a great sprawl.

Coleman and Randleman couldn't take down Cro Cop, Gonzaga wouldn't have. I get what you're saying about Boxers but not all fighters age the same.

uh_? yes they do

Prime CroCop won the Pride OWGP in 2006 - just months before entering the UFC. a lot of you fuckers are living in a fantasy land.

... had over 90 fights (counting MMA K-1 and Amateur boxing matches) by the time he fought Gabriel Gonzaga

Um, or you could say that he had so much experience that he should have beaten Gonzaga. Additionally, Crocop went into that fight looking pretty good. At that point, he was still scary.

well true story is that he probably kick the shit out of some fighter that you are fan - admit :cool:

I'm a fan of Cro Cop's.

He could kick his own ass though, I'd imagine.

CroCop has a longer fighting career than Couture. When he was still in the UFC he was probably the guy who fought for the longest time as a pro.

His chin has never been legendary, he has been stopped by strikes in K1 and MMA before that.

He was never KO'ed in K-1. Never. Mcdonald rocked him with a SICK hook which would've KO'ed most people which didnt KO Mirko.
He definitely had a solid chin back in the days, not so much anymore.

He was never KO'ed in K-1. Never. Mcdonald rocked him with a SICK hook which would've KO'ed most people which didnt KO Mirko.

A bit off topic, but are you Serbian (i notice from your AV and username)?

And just looking at Crocop's chin one notices that it is small. When I think of the people with great chins, I think of guys like Leben, Cabbage, and Hunt. Guys with mellon-sized heads. Just a theory, but I think that kind of "build" certainly has something to do with it. Anyone else remember Cabbage v. Arlovski? Who else could take that kind of beating? Not to mention Cabbage v. Sylvia.

He looked timid from his UFC debut. It always seemed as something wasn't right or the same. These aren't excuses as he's never been a "favorite" of mine but he lacked his killer instinct

He looked timid from his UFC debut. It always seemed as something wasn't right or the same. These aren't excuses as he's never been a "favorite" of mine but he lacked his killer instinct

Against Eddie Sanchez? I don't know man. I think Crocop was headhunting Sanchez. And Sanchez has heavy hands.

A bit off topic, but are you Serbian (i notice from your AV and username)?

Montenegrin, but most people consider them the same. A huge fan of Mirko though, and he's definitely not being given enough props.

And just looking at Crocop's chin one notices that it is small. When I think of the people with great chins, I think of guys like Leben, Cabbage, and Hunt. Guys with mellon-sized heads. Just a theory, but I think that kind of "build" certainly has something to do with it. Anyone else remember Cabbage v. Arlovski? Who else could take that kind of beating? Not to mention Cabbage v. Sylvia.

Sure, take a look at Hunt for example, you can just tell by looking at him that he can take a punch... But I don't think you can automatically assume that anyone that doesn't have a thick square jaw has a weak chin.

Cain looks like he's got a crazy chin, but is still getting rocked left and right, though I'm sure that there are 100 variables that play in when absorbing a punch.

Do YOU realize that just five months earlier, he won the Pride OWGP?

Its like how people claim fedor was never out of his prime, all those sambo competitions added with 30 mma fights is most likely to deal some damage

yup. Ring age is a terrible thing and something never taken into account by the general retards who watch mma these days. Standup fighters, especially ones who train in such harsh combat conditions such as chute boxe are prolly around 50 in fight years when they hit 30.

Sure, take a look at Hunt for example, you can just tell by looking at him that he can take a punch... But I don't think you can automatically assume that anyone that doesn't have a thick square jaw has a weak chin.

Yeah I know. I was just speculating. I'm thinking of Tim Hague v. Todd Duffee.

Back