Do not watch Dracula on netflix

I seen the trailer i had high expectation, wich is rare
I seen all 3 episodes, i found it crap
Crap is unfair, mediocre. But mediocre after high expectation is worse than crap, crap can be fun.

I wanted A LOT a show that drop all the "modern twist on Dracula" bullshit, and just do another true Dracula with today's tech

I see everybody complain on ep.3
Ep.3 was the only honest
Ep.3 was the one openly "modern twist on Dracula" bullshit

Ep.1 and 2 tried to sell an imagery of "classic" but had nothing of it aside a nice start
Ep.1 and 2 still was all "modern twist on Dracula" bullshit, i find bizzarre people did'nt noticed it getting mad at Ep3 only lol

oh my god, this shit is the worst piece of garbage i've ever seen, i would have easily watched an adam sandler movie instead of this

Thought the same thing went I first saw it. First 2 episodes were Greta then it just beamed or boring cliche show

Watched the first episode and tapped out when Dracula started doing his Jerry Lewis "LAAADDDDDIIIEESSSS" impression. Pretty awful stuff.

Sounds like I made the right choice.

Watched the first episode and tapped out when Dracula started doing his Jerry Lewis "LAAADDDDDIIIEESSSS" impression. Pretty awful stuff.

Sounds like I made the right choice.

hahah. Why is he talking like Jerry Lewis? I ask as someone who never plans to watch it (largely based on this thread).

hahah. Why is he talking like Jerry Lewis? I ask as someone who never plans to watch it (largely based on this thread).

In this version of Dracula, he has the power to travel through time so long as he has recently stocked up on blood. That being the case, he travels to 1960's America where he encounters Jerry Lewis at a concert. Backstage he drink's Lewis's blood before traveling back in time to Transylvania. However, because as goblin was hiding under the concert piano, Dracula's soul has been merged with Lewis. So now he struts around medieval europe performing concerts at doing comedic routines.

It's a weird take on the legend.

I have no Earthly clue. It was such a weird performance choice.

For context, in medieval Europe, Drac is harassing a convent of nuns and when he's addressing them he goes "Lllaaaaaaddddiiiieeess" in the most obvious Jerry Lewis you can imagine. It was hysterically awkward.

Maybe the creators figured no one would notice since the kids these days don't remember Jerry. But I remember.

In this version of Dracula, he has the power to travel through time so long as he has recently stocked up on blood. That being the case, he travels to 1960's America where he encounters Jerry Lewis at a concert. Backstage he drink's Lewis's blood before traveling back in time to Transylvania. However, because as goblin was hiding under the concert piano, Dracula's soul has been merged with Lewis. So now he struts around medieval europe performing concerts at doing comedic routines.

It's a weird take on the legend.

haha

I thought that was the plot to the little-known film from the 70s Martin and Lewis Meet the Universal Monsters.

A few reasons why its bad [HEAVY SPOILERS]:

- Dracula is last seen 123 years before the last episode. Then he wakes up in current times and magically knows and can recognize literally every piece of technology in existance right off the bat like he's been familiar with it. From cameras, to phones, to helicopters, to ipads, to the internet, etc...
- New characters get introduced in the third act that are completely, entirely annoying and we are expected to somehow care about them.
- The main character Van Helsin shows up after having died in episode two but is actually the great great grand daughter of the original character, but its actually THE SAME ACTRESS
- They manage to lock up Dracula but for WHATEVER REASON they lock him up with an IPAD, which he is able to use to contact his laywer (which is also ridiculous that he had one 123 years prior to that and that the same firm is still in business, but whatever) to take him out of where he was being kept. All because he was able to connect to the WI-FI from the gigantic underground organization that was keeping him for studies because THE FUCKING WI-FI PASSWORD WAS "DRACULA"

**at this point you might think im joking, but i assure you im not**

- This lawyer that shows up starts helping dracula and doesnt seem like he is impressed or surprised in any way by the fact that HIS CLIENT IS A FUCKING IMORTAL VAMPIRE
- Then he comes out and magically still has millions of dollars that allow him to live in a great appartment
- The great great daughter of van helsing was able to collect a vial of blood from dracula and instead of submiting for bloodwork and studying it SHE FUCKING DRINKS IT, like she knew that would enlighten her. Mind you, she is a fucking scientist
- DRACULA IS ON TINDER
- One of the new characters that is introduced in the third act is a complete piece of shit fucktard whore, who treats every man like shit as if she was the hottests woman on earth. She ignores the love of a really "nice guy", gets engaged to somone else she met 5 minutes ago just because the guy has money(which is not shown but rather he says it out loud, then jokes about knowing thats why she's with him), then cheats on him with dracula who she just met through the phone without having ever met him before. The way she acts is enfuriating, you need to watch it to understand

This is not even scratching the surface as to how many plot holes and stupid writting decisions there are... i could go on for hours here, but why even bother, at this point im sure you get where im coming from

Omfg. I can't stop laughing. Thanks for the write-up.

I won’t spoil it too much, but first two episodes are set in distant countries hundreds of years ago. Episode 3 is in modern day with Dracula going to clubs and picking up dudes on grindr and shit.
lmao that sounds stupid as hell.

Back