Do not watch Dracula on netflix

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Im in the middle of the third episode and i had to stop and look up opinions online as it is one of the biggest dips i have ever seen in my entire life. Its like the series just decided to jump off a cliff and still commit seppuku mid air before hitting the ground just to make sure after the second episode.

Whoever is responsible for this absolute horse shit of a third act should feel embarrassed, ashamed, be fired and never work in the business another day in their life. I am not even sure i can continue watching this absolute on screen diarrhea. I would rather have acid dripped directly into my eyeballs than to continue watching this joke of a third act. What a waste of my time.

Usually you can tell something is shit right off the bat. Not with this one. Pretty decent start and a complete shit smearing ending. I though id be hard pressed to find a more disappointing ending to a series after GOT but this easily takes the cake. Id watch the entire last season of GOT on a loop until the end of times before finishing the third episode of Dracula.

DO NOT WATCH IT. You will waste your time and be entirely disappointed you gave this series a chance.

<Ellaria01>

inb4 "now you kinda made me want to watch it"

Last edited:
First two episodes were really good. Last episode was shit. Would still watch.

Now you kinda made me want to watch it

Do not tell me what to do

I agree that the 3rd episode goes right over the cliff and will probably go down as one of the biggest TV disappointments of the year. The first 2 episodes were great though so watch those and ignore the last one.

They should have done a show about the real Dracula.

vlad.jpg

I thought that's what it was at first but when I saw a preview I was like
<DisgustingHHH> <3><You11>.

Want to spoil it for us since we're not going to watch it? I'm curious as to why the ending was so bad.

You can use spoiler tags just in case some masochist is still planning on watching

Want to spoil it for us since we're not going to watch it? I'm curious as to why the ending was so bad.

You can use spoiler tags just in case some masochist is still planning on watching

I won’t spoil it too much, but first two episodes are set in distant countries hundreds of years ago. Episode 3 is in modern day with Dracula going to clubs and picking up dudes on grindr and shit.

A few reasons why its bad [HEAVY SPOILERS]:

- Dracula is last seen 123 years before the last episode. Then he wakes up in current times and magically knows and can recognize literally every piece of technology in existance right off the bat like he's been familiar with it. From cameras, to phones, to helicopters, to ipads, to the internet, etc...
- New characters get introduced in the third act that are completely, entirely annoying and we are expected to somehow care about them.
- The main character Van Helsin shows up after having died in episode two but is actually the great great grand daughter of the original character, but its actually THE SAME ACTRESS
- They manage to lock up Dracula but for WHATEVER REASON they lock him up with an IPAD, which he is able to use to contact his laywer (which is also ridiculous that he had one 123 years prior to that and that the same firm is still in business, but whatever) to take him out of where he was being kept. All because he was able to connect to the WI-FI from the gigantic underground organization that was keeping him for studies because THE FUCKING WI-FI PASSWORD WAS "DRACULA"

**at this point you might think im joking, but i assure you im not**

- This lawyer that shows up starts helping dracula and doesnt seem like he is impressed or surprised in any way by the fact that HIS CLIENT IS A FUCKING IMORTAL VAMPIRE
- Then he comes out and magically still has millions of dollars that allow him to live in a great appartment
- The great great daughter of van helsing was able to collect a vial of blood from dracula and instead of submiting for bloodwork and studying it SHE FUCKING DRINKS IT, like she knew that would enlighten her. Mind you, she is a fucking scientist
- DRACULA IS ON TINDER
- One of the new characters that is introduced in the third act is a complete piece of shit fucktard whore, who treats every man like shit as if she was the hottests woman on earth. She ignores the love of a really "nice guy", gets engaged to somone else she met 5 minutes ago just because the guy has money(which is not shown but rather he says it out loud, then jokes about knowing thats why she's with him), then cheats on him with dracula who she just met through the phone without having ever met him before. The way she acts is enfuriating, you need to watch it to understand

This is not even scratching the surface as to how many plot holes and stupid writting decisions there are... i could go on for hours here, but why even bother, at this point im sure you get where im coming from

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me to make up my mind and consequently not waste my time by even trying it.

A few reasons why its bad [HEAVY SPOILERS]:

- Dracula is last seen 123 years before the last episode. Then he wakes up in current times and magically knows and can recognize literally every piece of technology in existance right off the bat like he's been familiar with it. From cameras, to phones, to helicopters, to ipads, to the internet, etc...
- New characters get introduced in the third act that are completely, entirely annoying and we are expected to somehow care about them.
- The main character Van Helsin shows up after having died in episode two but is actually the great great grand daughter of the original character, but its actually THE SAME ACTRESS
- They manage to lock up Dracula but for WHATEVER REASON they lock him up with an IPAD, which he is able to use to contact his laywer (which is also ridiculous that he had one 123 years prior to that and that the same firm is still in business, but whatever) to take him out of where he was being kept. All because he was able to connect to the WI-FI from the gigantic underground organization that was keeping him for studies because THE FUCKING WI-FI PASSWORD WAS "DRACULA"

**at this point you might think im joking, but i assure you im not**

- This lawyer that shows up start helping dracula and doesnt seem like he is impressed in any way by the fact HIS CLIENT IS A FUCKING IMORTAL VAMPIRE
- Then he comes out and magically still has millions of dollars that allow him to live in a great appartment
- The great great daughter of van helsing was able to collect a vial of blood from dracula and instead of submiting for bloodwork and studying it SHE FUCKING DRINKS IT, like she knew that would enlighten her. Mind you, she is a fucking scientist
- DRACULA IS ON TINDER
- One of the new characters that is introduced in the third act is a complete piece of shit fucktard whore, who treats every man like shit as if she was the hottests woman on earth. She ignores the love of a really "nice guy", gets engaged to somone else she met 5 minutes ago just because the guy has money(which is not shown but rather he says it out loud, then jokes about knowing thats why she's with him), then cheats on him with dracula who she just met through the phone. The way she acts is enfuriating, you need to watch it to understand

This is not even scratching the surface as to how many plot holes and stupid writting decisions there are... i could go on for hours here, but why even bother, at this point im sure you get where im coming from

<23>

I stopped half way thru episode 2...and moved on to Messiah...on episode 4...May or May not bail after this episode

So Dracula turns gay on the 3rd episode?

It's funny- with all this vast content of series, this golden age so to speak, I still find myself watching Cheers, Seinfeld, The Office, Raymond and King of Queens reruns a lot lol.

Dracula got pretty solid reviews it seemed but that was likely from critics watching the first episode and reviewing it. Sounds like a crazy collapse in episode 3, huh? I'm sure I'd never get around to it anyway.

As far as portrayals of that character go, I'll stick with Lugosi and Oldman as the iconic versions.

Im in the middle of the third episode and i had to stop and look up opinions online as it is one of the biggest dips i have ever seen in my entire life. Its like the series just decided to jump off a cliff and commit seppuku after the second episode.

Whoever is responsible for this absolute horse shit of a third act should feel embarrassed, ashamed, be fired and never work in the business another day in their life. I am not even sure i can continue watching this absolute on screen diarrhea. I would rather have acid dripped directly into my eyeballs than to continue watching this joke of a third act. What a waste of my time.

Usually you can tell something is shit right off the bat. Not with this one. Pretty decent start and a complete shit smearing ending. I though id be hard pressed to find a more disappointing ending to a series after GOT but this easily takes the cake. Id watch the entire last season of GOT on a loop until the end of times before finishing the third episode of Dracula.

DO NOT WATCH IT. You will waste your time and be entirely disappointed you gave this series a chance.

<Ellaria01>

inb4 "now you kinda made me want to watch it"
I thought it was fantastic.

• Has many of the original powers and weaknesses of Dracula
  • Introduces some of the original characters
  • Shows Dracula's lifespan across hundreds of years
  • Ends with Dracula dead, instead of terrorizing humanity forever

I'm 28 why the fuck would I watch a show named Dracula?

Back