Do humans have underrated physical abilities in comparsion to other mammals?

Ever been hunting? That's a laughable statement.

The deer will simply sprint a mile or two, and rest. You get close again, he does it again. He's not going to get so tired at any point that you will somehow surpass it. They live outside in the elements. Do that shit for a living.

They can also sprint 35mph.. So no, no chance in a sprint. Even if you are Usain Bolt. Humans can maintain top speeds for like 20m. Most animals, especially prey animals like deer are going to be able to maintain that speed much longer.

Like I said before, in a swamp (or as you say, the thick woods) we would never catch a deer. But humans in Africa regularly run down antelope over the course of like 20 hours until it dies from exhaustion and thirst.

I wish I could find the video

Edit: Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

Last edited:
Like I said before, in a swamp (or as you say, the thick woods) we would never catch a deer. But humans in Africa regularly run down antelope over the course of like 20 hours until it dies from exhaustion and thirst.

I wish I could find the video

This I have to see.

::re-lives tracking a wounded deer for 6 hours in freezing rain that family friend hit with arrow and shudders::

This I have to see.

::re-lives tracking a wounded deer for 6 hours in freezing rain that family friend hit with arrow and shudders::

THere it is =).

I think the amount of scenes of clouds rolling across the sky made me say 20 hours, obviously it was much less... he did it in the same day, but impressive nonetheless

yes we can create metal shells and move around in them in speeds over 100 mph.

I'd be interested in reading that article if you can dig it up by any chance tkotom?

I guess we have the highest penis/body-size ratio. Horses can go fuck themselves.

I could take the majority of animals in a one on one fight at my home turf.

hmm.. thread title says mamals... I could take most little mamals, like rodents and monkeys.

Last edited:
We hear all this talk that other mammals are better than us when it comes down to pretty much everything not related to intelligence. I belive other animals are being hyped and we are not given the proper respect we deserve.

Chimps - We would out run them, out sprint them, jump higher(?) and longer then them.
I think we could run down deer in long distances. Probably not win against them in a sprint unless you are of the explosive type of human.

Also we have great mobility - we can swim, jump, climb. Good body awareness and balance. I say, be proud to be human!

You'd better hope so, because if a pissed Chimp catches you he's more than capable of tearing your arm off and beating you to death with the sticky end.:icon_twis

Chimps are up to seven times stronger than a Human of the same weight(up to approx. 160lbs). Gorillas are off the scale; anywhere up to 25 times stronger than a human.:eek:

Also infanticide, kidnap (like 2-3 males keep a female in a place for days to get teh sex) and kill i don't remember wich animal for no apparent reason

But also are know to help each other and even other species,example defend an human swimmer from sharks

They show at the same time better and worse attitude than less intelligent animals... like us

Is what i'm saying, the more your brain is powerful the bigger ideas it create, for good or for bad
It's not just humans

That's for damn sure. Advanced is not always the same as nice; look at the sick crap the Romans did, just for shits and giggles, back when they were the most technologically advanced people on earth.:rolleyes:

Prof Hawking has stated that we should not be trying to make contact with life on other planets for exactly this reason; if they have the technology to travel vast distances in space then they are hundreds of years ahead of us. And there is no guarantee they will be peaceful. It's just as possible they will be complete douche-bags. With Phasers.:icon_twis

We can reach the max threshold of teh 275.

My brother always had an issue with this saying that he was at least 5 times stronger than a normal person and then would point to our older brother. And he was. Benching over 400 lbs and squating in the 600's lbs range. But ya I'm sure even he wouldn't want to tangle with a chimp!!

You'd better hope so, because if a pissed Chimp catches you he's more than capable of tearing your arm off and beating you to death with the sticky end.:icon_twis

Chimps are up to seven times stronger than a Human of the same weight(up to approx. 160lbs). Gorillas are off the scale; anywhere up to 25 times stronger than a human.:eek:

I think humans are underrated in comparison to chimps. Chimps are said to be 5 times stronger than the average man. I think someone who regularly lifts weights is easily 2 times stronger than the average man. Brock Lesnar is probably at least 5 times stronger than the average guy.

Chimps also bite and grab. I think if a strong guy fought in the same way, he too could rip off genitals, break arms, and provide some serious bite wounds.

The thing with chimps is that they are too fast, they would grab a person by the foot and drag him for some meters, then, they would strike the face of their downed opponent. I've seen some pictures, those fuckers can literally rip you face off, leaving a bloody hole in it's place.

humans are the best distance runners on the planet.

I'd say cats are just about the best athletes.

This bullshit gets spread all the time. A pronghorn antelope can run a marathon in 45 minutes and can sustain 30 MPH (faster than Usain Bolt's top speed in a sprint) for roughly an hour.

Also look at what huskies do running the Iditarod. We are not the best long distance runners, a few peak individuals can do amazing things but by no means is it a species wide attribute. Barring injury, illness, old/young age to other animals humans in general are lame physically.

I think humans are underrated in comparison to chimps. Chimps are said to be 5 times stronger than the average man. I think someone who regularly lifts weights is easily 2 times stronger than the average man. Brock Lesnar is probably at least 5 times stronger than the average guy.

Chimps also bite and grab. I think if a strong guy fought in the same way, he too could rip off genitals, break arms, and provide some serious bite wounds.

Yes anyone can pretty much rip off genitals, but chimps also have gigantic canines which make a huge difference when biting.

The dogs running the Iditarod are little mutts(in comparison to a husky). Huskys are too big for speed. But I agree dogs are far superior endurance runners than humans.

Back