Do humans have underrated physical abilities in comparsion to other mammals?

Exactly. That's exactly the right word.

Some experts speculate that we used our reach to keep the distance and wear them down since they had HUGE muscles and probably had weaker cardio than homo sapien (bear in mind neanderthal and sapien back then probably had extraordinary cardio compared to us now)

They were probably Karem Gaber type awesome at grappling since they had low center of gravity.

It also had a lot to do with our ability to use language and general more developed intelligence to our advantage. Then again neanderthal weren't stupid, they might even have had musical recreation and they liked the body paint.

Neanderthal get a bad name as some kind of brutes but they were very intelligent and physically gifted. Had we not exterminated them they could have done great things just as we have.

Now if you want to talk about beast Homo's lets mention Heidelbergensis. That's one dude that will mess your shit up. Although he wasn't as smart.

I read a nice article a while ago.. there's not much more interesting of a read than this shit.

That's really cool, I can only imagine those gruesome battles.

History confirms that the true power is intelligence, but damn, humans were doing some cruel things because of their intellect advantage since ever.

That's really cool, I can only imagine those gruesome battles.

History confirms that the true power is intelligence, but damn, humans were doing some cruel things because of their intellect advantage since ever.

I think more than the human is intelligence itself, some of the most intelligent animals like chimps or dolphin do some crazy cruel shit

I think more than the human is intelligence itself, some of the most intelligent animals like chimps or dolphin do some crazy cruel shit

I heard dolphins are into homo rape and interspecies rape. Sick fucks.

I heard dolphins are into homo rape and interspecies rape. Sick fucks.

Also infanticide, kidnap (like 2-3 males keep a female in a place for days to get teh sex) and kill i don't remember wich animal for no apparent reason

But also are know to help each other and even other species,example defend an human swimmer from sharks

They show at the same time better and worse attitude than less intelligent animals... like us

Is what i'm saying, the more your brain is powerful the bigger ideas it create, for good or for bad
It's not just humans

We hear all this talk that other mammals are better than us when it comes down to pretty much everything not related to intelligence. I belive other animals are being hyped and we are not given the proper respect we deserve.

Chimps - We would out run them, out sprint them, jump higher(?) and longer then them.
I think we could run down deer in long distances. Probably not win against them in a sprint unless you are of the explosive type of human.

Also we have great mobility - we can swim, jump, climb. Good body awareness and balance. I say, be proud to be human!

We do some things well.

If you are proud of your balance, watch a rat for a while. I've seen them walk across a slack rope, or across a 1/4" thick door that was swinging on a hinge.

As for climbing, watch a squirrel or a gibbon.

Not so sure, most canines and ungulates can run for an absurdly long time without getting tired, and that comes naturally. Humans have to train their asses off to be able to run for an exceptionally long time, and even then we aren't anywhere near as fast as other animals.

I think people in peak condition can outrun probably any ungulate in the long term over hard terrain (probably not through a swamp). I watch a vid once of an African who chased some sort of gazelle for like 18 hours until it collapsed and he killed it with a spear.

As for training your ass off, I think we need to compare the best among us in terms of if our species is better than another, as animals in the wild are the prime specimens chosen by natural selection. It's only fair we artificially select our best for the purpose of this topic.

Watch this video thinking of the man as nothing more than a mammal, a highly evolved primate, and it's truly amazing what we are capable of.

Let me put it this way TS: a slow bear can still run almost as fast as Usain Bolt with more ability to change direction, that same bear can probably also carry artillery shell crates (600+ pounds), and can swim pretty well to boot. If they're not recently woken from hibernation they don't lack endurance either.

Let me put it this way TS: a slow bear can still run almost as fast as Usain Bolt with more ability to change direction, that same bear can probably also carry artillery shell crates (600+ pounds), and can swim pretty well to boot. If they're not recently woken from hibernation they don't lack endurance either.

They are wearing alot of musclemass and fat. Okey they are great sprinters but have you ever heard that bears are suppose to be great distance runners?

I say, give me 800 m on the bear and there is no way he can get me. I run 10 km in about 38-39 min. I have alot of trouble seeing a bear 260 lbs(medium size type of bear) stick up with that.

They are wearing alot of musclemass and fat. Okey they are great sprinters but have you ever heard that bears are suppose to be great distance runners?

I say, give me 800 m on the bear and there is no way he can get me. I run 10 km in about 38-39 min. I have alot of trouble seeing a bear 260 lbs(medium size type of bear) stick up with that.

Bears actually do have good stamina. There is one case where a bear maintained a speed of 25 mph for two miles.

Also, I just found this:

A bear usually runs for only 10-15mins at a high speed (keep in mind, in 10mins a fairly slow but in-shape bear can move 5km), I dunno if one would actually try and chase you with a near 1km start though -- bears aren't ambush predators as such but they tend to try and get in close then charge rather than chase down over a long distance.

Iv always thought that humans were also more fragile than other animals. Our bodies don't seemed designed to fight based on the way our neck and spine are. Our skin tears easy and infections really duck us up.

Well, it's a small, small counterbalance for the deadliest weapon of all, our brain.
Our brain nullifies the need for any of those things.

In terms of proportion and what an animal is great at by comparison to other animals, the human brain is by far the greatest single advantage any living thing currently posses, or has ever possessed on Earth.

We should be making threads on what super organism could possibly succeed us.
As of now, second place might as well be a sea sponge.
Nothing comes close.

Well, it's a small, small counterbalance for the deadliest weapon of all, our brain.
Our brain nullifies the need for any of those things.

In terms of proportion and what an animal is great at by comparison to other animals, the human brain is by far the greatest single advantage any living thing currently posses, or has ever possessed on Earth.

We should be making threads on what super organism could possibly succeed us.
As of now, second place might as well be a sea sponge.
Nothing comes close.

Crows are gonna take over. I'm just waiting for the day.

crow-picks-up-trash1.jpg

i guess...

my only support is tarzan

I believe nuke building is a psychical attribute so yes we are underrated

We hear all this talk that other mammals are better than us when it comes down to pretty much everything not related to intelligence. I belive other animals are being hyped and we are not given the proper respect we deserve.

Chimps - We would out run them, out sprint them, jump higher(?) and longer then them.
I think we could run down deer in long distances. Probably not win against them in a sprint unless you are of the explosive type of human.

Also we have great mobility - we can swim, jump, climb. Good body awareness and balance. I say, be proud to be human!

Ever been hunting? That's a laughable statement.

The deer will simply sprint a mile or two, and rest. You get close again, he does it again. He's not going to get so tired at any point that you will somehow surpass it. They live outside in the elements. Do that shit for a living.

They can also sprint 35mph.. So no, no chance in a sprint. Even if you are Usain Bolt. Humans can maintain top speeds for like 20m. Most animals, especially prey animals like deer are going to be able to maintain that speed much longer.

Last edited:
Back