Do humans have underrated physical abilities in comparsion to other mammals?

We hear all this talk that other mammals are better than us when it comes down to pretty much everything not related to intelligence. I belive other animals are being hyped and we are not given the proper respect we deserve.

Chimps - We would out run them, out sprint them, jump higher(?) and longer then them.
I think we could run down deer in long distances. Probably not win against them in a sprint unless you are of the explosive type of human.

Also we have great mobility - we can swim, jump, climb. Good body awareness and balance. I say, be proud to be human!

Problem with dat little chimp is that after you show him your well trained human athletic supremacy, he may get pissed and rip off your arm, bite badly your balls and face (in that order) and ragdoll you breaking bones you not even know to have

And is not a joke post, is what a pissed chimp tend to do :icon_chee

A neanderthal would mop the floor with any human. At least that's what I've been told.

Yes indeed, hand to hand they'd wax us. Anderson, Fedor.. all of us they'd clean us up.

They also had much better vision.

Not so sure, most canines and ungulates can run for an absurdly long time without getting tired, and that comes naturally. Humans have to train their asses off to be able to run for an exceptionally long time, and even then we aren't anywhere near as fast as other animals.

I agree that cats are some of the best athletes though, the only thing they lack is stamina. Overall, the best athletes are probably some stupid insect though.

Well modern humans are definitely out of shape. But it is our heat/sweat system that makes us so good. Animals overheat and pass out or die and humans can catch up with them. I think dogs for example, can only pant at a slow trot, not at a good pace. Humans can constantly lose heat through sweat, through lack of hair, while running at a good pace. Almost no other animal can do that. That's how primitive humans caught up with much faster and athletic animals. They would just chase them till the animal collapsed from overheating.

My first wrestling practice in college we were doing sprints outside.

This one kid from Florida took off his shoes and started sprinting because he swore he was faster without them.

Our coach asked him if he thought he was a chimp and then called him a retard and made him put his shoes back on. It was pretty funny.

Where did you go to college? We ran with shoes on. Running barefoot (football) would be a good way to fuck up your feet.

Does not explain why there's so many neanderthal skulls with holes and cracks made by human tools.

They also had tools, so those were fair fights.

their brains weren't as developed as the others moving in on their continent

sapien had projectile weapons and utilized a lot of distance attacks, plus there is a lot more to it than that like language, coordinated strikes and all

I'll bet the average human (OK, American) couldn't run, even at a slow pace, a quarter mile without walking.
An average deer could run further than that with an arrow sticking out of it after being shot.

Have you heard of these theories about the people who left Africa interbred Neanderthals and that we(well caucasians, asian and native americans etc) have 1 to 4 % Neanderthal DNA?

]

It's the partial replacement model.

The theory that homo sapiens migrated out of Africa and interbred with and replaced existing populations resulting in a hybrid species of homo sapien.

their brains weren't as developed as the others moving in on their continent

sapien had projectile weapons and utilized a lot of distance attacks, plus there is a lot more to it than that like language, coordinated strikes and all

So it was the gameplan that won us the fight? Well then, I stand corrected.

Well modern humans are definitely out of shape. But it is our heat/sweat system that makes us so good. Animals overheat and pass out or die and humans can catch up with them. I think dogs for example, can only pant at a slow trot, not at a good pace. Humans can constantly lose heat through sweat, through lack of hair, while running at a good pace. Almost no other animal can do that. That's how primitive humans caught up with much faster and athletic animals. They would just chase them till the animal collapsed from overheating.

Yup, it's called persistence hunting. We can run down prey animals because the pace we set is just high enough to make them run, and they can't maintain that during high heat conditions. They eventually just keel over and wait for us to kill them.

Fyi the partial replacement model is as of now the more accepted explanation for homo sapiens populating the earth.

Originally it was the complete replacement model in which homo sapiens replaced existing populations at the time entirely and the other is the multiregional continuity model in which all populations evolved into homo sapiens (with there being gene flow of course).

So it was the gameplan that won us the fight? Well then, I stand corrected.

Exactly. That's exactly the right word.

Some experts speculate that we used our reach to keep the distance and wear them down since they had HUGE muscles and probably had weaker cardio than homo sapien (bear in mind neanderthal and sapien back then probably had extraordinary cardio compared to us now)

They were probably Karem Gaber type awesome at grappling since they had low center of gravity.

It also had a lot to do with our ability to use language and general more developed intelligence to our advantage. Then again neanderthal weren't stupid, they might even have had musical recreation and they liked the body paint.

Neanderthal get a bad name as some kind of brutes but they were very intelligent and physically gifted. Had we not exterminated them they could have done great things just as we have.

Now if you want to talk about beast Homo's lets mention Heidelbergensis. That's one dude that will mess your shit up. Although he wasn't as smart.

I read a nice article a while ago.. there's not much more interesting of a read than this shit.

Last edited:
Iv always thought that humans were also more fragile than other animals. Our bodies don't seemed designed to fight based on the way our neck and spine are. Our skin tears easy and infections really duck us up.

Back