DJ: I accepted the TJ fight,then i got injured.I was never offered the TJ fight again

Nobody is asking MM to go up to 135. Get that shit straight.

TJ has challenged MM at 125.
tj also wanted it at 125 because he wanted no excuses of demetrious being too small for 135 and shit if he moves up at tj beats him. he wants to beat him in his own weight class

Dj is happy fighting Cejudo again. He likes that type of fights.

How can someone defend Dj? impossible to do so. Look at his last 3 defenses. Ray Borg, Wilson Reis and Tim Eliot. All of them with horrible losing streaks and wins against guys with no wikipedia lol. Far, far from ufc championship caliber.

If he would just have said that he is injured and open to reschedule no one would have accused him of anything.
Thats BS. DJ can do no RIGHT here in sherdog. It doesn't matter WHAT he does, haters are just gonna hate. The same haters that accuse Dana of being a liar and a dirtbag but then eat up his bullshit propaganda campaigns against DJ like it's peanut brittle.

tj also wanted it at 125 because he wanted no excuses of demetrious being too small for 135 and shit if he moves up at tj beats him. he wants to beat him in his own weight class
Uhhh no. TJ wanted it at 125 for that strap...plain and simple.

I think he did accept the TJ fight. There's video of him and Mick Manyard, or some UFC official, talking about marketing it on his twitch stream.

I think the UFC and DJ would both prefer Cody - DJ tho. That's why they made this fight and tried to get TJ to accept short notice agaisnt Cody at UFC 222.

He must have forgotten all the posts he made about not taking this fight until he got a huge payday despite his lack of drawing power.

He never said he was injured back then. He never said he accepted. He said "TJ has to win a few fights at 125 to prove he can make weight" or "I'd do it for Cody because it is champion vs champion, but TJ is not champ so he needs to get in line"

He is just backpeddling now to save face and instead he is smearing the eggs deeper. We all know how publicly he refused last time lol. Its like he forgets once you say it, it is out there forever. We have audio/videos of him justifying ducking the fight, his comments on podcasts, his very public comments to reporters.

Thats BS. DJ can do no RIGHT here in sherdog. It doesn't matter WHAT he does, haters are just gonna hate. The same haters that accuse Dana of being a liar and a dirtbag but then eat up his bullshit propaganda campaigns against DJ like it's peanut brittle.

But its not about what Dana said. Its about that DJ himself gave varying reasons why not to fight TJ and then contradicted himself multiple times.

You just cant talk about someone not deserving a fight and then take on a much easier opponent who also has no acomplishments at 125 for a ts and fight him. Talk also he wants to see TJ can make weight and then fight someone who hasnt (and didnt) make that. For much less money. Thats just hypocrisy.

I'm not that interested in seeing DJ vs Ray Borg and the like moving forward. Still I find it very strange why so many people encourage the idea of a champion of a higher weight class, with no defenses, challenging the lower weight champion at the lower weight.
One thing if DJ challenged TJ and TJ wanted the fight, it's kind of a bad look when he is actively pursuing it IMO

and he wants no excuses made when he beats him. tj thinks hes the better fighter, period.
Or he doesn't want to risk his own title against a smaller man.
Or he wants the 'excuse' of having to cut too much weight to fight the smaller man, if he were to lose (or look unimpressive).

(serious question, because I'm not sure myself) Have they offered a non-title catchweight for this fight yet?

Like tons of people have said, the UFC were doing TJ a big favor he didn't deserve by trying to make that match up. When he refused to do the UFC a favor by fighting Cody on short notice the UFC pulled the plug on their favors. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Matches what both fighters said earlier in the year. Both said negotiations were going well then UFC wanted to make TJ vs Cody as a replacement for Frankie vs Max, TJ refused and the MM fight was never offered again. If there was a decent offer on the table hopefully they can go from there if both win this weekend.

I don't understand why so many people simply disregard these facts^. Dana has a history of promising fights and backtracking, or simply taking those away from those fighters who piss him off. Just recently, he's a about to strip Covington of a belt the UFC unnecessarily made up in the first place and less than 3 months after he won it.

If DJ handed out money to everyone he'd be considered a theif. Popular trend as of late.
Considering he stole money from everyone who bought his PPV's, he would just be returning what he stole. So yes, a thief.

He may not have been offered it again, but he most certainly did not pursue it at all. He didnt want it. If he did, he would've been vocal about it. Instead he kept his mouth shut since he was never about it.

I got very tired of supporting him, and i'm tired of people supporting this crap. He's in a shitty weak division, and he's not seeking out a challenge. Can't say I respect him very much.

He has a net worth of $6 million, is a UFC champ and managed to convince people to watch him sitting playing video games over 4 million times.

Pretty much think he 'gets it'.

Bunch of sherdoggers giving the guy career advice.
6 million doesnt sound like a lot for a fighter with such long run as a champion, just proves he doesnt get much every time he fights.

anaheim-mighty-ducks-5.svg
U stole my idea. Get out of my brain sorcerer

DJ has haters?? He's too little to hate. More like I clearly remember him complaining about him not getting his props, "What I gotta do?" etc..over and over and yet I never remember him actively campaigning for a big fight like TJ which in todays social media era is not a hard thing to do. Sorry but ill just never care about a Cejudo fight...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back