DJ: I accepted the TJ fight,then i got injured.I was never offered the TJ fight again

12547-DuckMask-Ducks_1600x.jpg

Yeah so injured as to avoid TJ, not so injured as to not be in the same card as him. BS.

DJ is totally lying about this.

It's not like Dillashaw would have any sort of an incentive to attempt to portray the situation as DJ being afraid to fight him and to misrepresent the circumstances involved. Like, what's the upside for him in that?!?

And it's not like Dana White has a proven track record of both straight up lying and of obfuscating legitimate information in order to manipulate the public opinion surrounding individual fighters whom he wants to establish better control over as a powerplay.

Nope, it's DJ who is lying. What a duck.

maybe he had the same injury like bisping had when he had to fight romero. I believe this fight will happen when they're in the octagon. if that is true, when (if) both win their fights, let's make this one then

Like tons of people have said, the UFC were doing TJ a big favor he didn't deserve by trying to make that match up. When he refused to do the UFC a favor by fighting Cody on short notice the UFC pulled the plug on their favors. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Oh DJ - there's never been anyone who "gets it" less than you.

You can't draw flies, you duck opponents, you whine that you want more money because apparently you don't understand supply and demand.

What - did you sign the fight after scribbling into the contract that you get paid a guaranteed 2 million?

Won’t matter everyone on heee has already decided he is a duck.

DJ has not been dishonest about anything in his career I am inclined to believe tbh.

Matches what both fighters said earlier in the year. Both said negotiations were going well then UFC wanted to make TJ vs Cody as a replacement for Frankie vs Max, TJ refused and the MM fight was never offered again. If there was a decent offer on the table hopefully they can go from there if both win this weekend.

If DJ handed out money to everyone he'd be considered a theif. Popular trend as of late.

DJ is totally lying about this.

It's not like Dillashaw would have any sort of an incentive to attempt to portray the situation as DJ being afraid to fight him and to misrepresent the circumstances involved. Like, what's the upside for him in that?!?

And it's not like Dana White has a proven track record of both straight up lying and of obfuscating legitimate information in order to manipulate the public opinion surrounding individual fighters whom he wants to establish better control over as a powerplay.

Nope, it's DJ who is lying. What a duck.

Thing is DJ himself put out many statements with a complete different tune. If he would just have said that he is injured and open to reschedule no one would have accused him of anything. He really has only himself to blame that he is rightfully called a duck. From outpricing himself to arguments like TJ doesnt deserve it (then fighting Borg) or fanatasizing about weight cut problems TJ would have (again then fighting a multiple weight misser).

He even hinted at why he avoided the match up , so to be the record title holder in the UFC. Imo a completey useless achievement if won against chumps like Borg and most of the rest of 125, but MM thinks its very important regarding this newest statement of MM.

He came of very desperate to not fight Tj at all costs with very different reasons. Its really one of the very few situations I call an mma fighter a duck. If TJ wins and still wants MM (which I dont get as 135 is much more important than 125) there should be no problem making it.

Oh DJ - there's never been anyone who "gets it" less than you.

You can't draw flies, you duck opponents, you whine that you want more money because apparently you don't understand supply and demand.

What - did you sign the fight after scribbling into the contract that you get paid a guaranteed 2 million?

He has a net worth of $6 million, is a UFC champ and managed to convince people to watch him sitting playing video games over 4 million times.

Pretty much think he 'gets it'.

Bunch of sherdoggers giving the guy career advice.

Back