DJ: I accepted the TJ fight,then i got injured.I was never offered the TJ fight again

Dude wrote a book on why he wouldn't fight TJ, then a list of demands and hoops for the UFC to jump through.

6 million doesnt sound like a lot for a fighter with such long run as a champion, just proves he doesnt get much every time he fights.

Do you have more than $6 million? If not, he probably doesn't need your advice.

It's cute if that's what you want to believe.
What it's not so cute is how haters try to make up excuses for their hate.
BTW, did you see DJ noting he was never offered the fight when he came back? So there you have it. Two facts... and yet you prefer to hate...

I believe Mighty Mouse.

Hey DJ, you know you can go after the fight yourself right?

At least shogun fans were just delusional back in the day, DJ fans are truly insufferable. Blatantly lying for the guy you dudes need to get off your soapbox and see the writing on the wall for what it is.

Never in the history of MMA for the ten years ive watched, have I seen one fighter so blatantly duck another, refusing to fight him in his OWN weight class and come up with excuse after excuse as not to fight him. Pathetic.

I'm not that interested in seeing DJ vs Ray Borg and the like moving forward. Still I find it very strange why so many people encourage the idea of a champion of a higher weight class, with no defenses, challenging the lower weight champion at the lower weight.
One thing if DJ challenged TJ and TJ wanted the fight, it's kind of a bad look when he is actively pursuing it IMO
How is that? Remember that other UFC champ that could successfully cut to the weight class below him to challenge what some consider the p4p #1 fighter in the world? Me neither. To act like that is some kind of black eye on TJs career is ridiculous. The rematch with Cody and maybe another fight with Cruz is about all that is going to sell at 135. I'd easily rather see TJ vs MM at any weight class than watch TJ fight Assuncao(again), Marlon Maroes or Jimmie Rivera.

How is that? Remember that other UFC champ that could successfully cut to the weight class below him to challenge what some consider the p4p #1 fighter in the world? Me neither. To act like that is some kind of black eye on TJs career is ridiculous. The rematch with Cody and maybe another fight with Cruz is about all that is going to sell at 135. I'd easily rather see TJ vs MM at any weight class than watch TJ fight Assuncao(again), Marlon Maroes or Jimmie Rivera.
I wouldn't go that far as to call it a "black eye" on TJ's career. Wouldn't dwell on it. Just don't think it's a good look to actively challenge, goad and taunt fighters in a lower weight class than the one you are the champion in.

Yeah so injured as to avoid TJ, not so injured as to not be in the same card as him. BS.
But that aligns with what he's claiming.

Do you think he was re-offered the TJ fight and said "no, I want to fight Henry instead"?

Wasn't the Cody/Garbrandt fight booked first, and later the DJ/Cejudo fight booked afterwards?

Do you have more than $6 million? If not, he probably doesn't need your advice.
He surely doesnt need a forum guy to defend his honor, yet here you are...I wasnt giving advice, just pointing the obvious.

I wouldn't go that far as to call it a "black eye" on TJ's career. Wouldn't dwell on it. Just don't think it's a good look to actively challenge, goad and taunt fighters in a lower weight class than the one you are the champion in.
Yea I can see your point. I just don't think he has many alternatives. He's clearly not avoiding anyone at BW. Only two things fuel the career of an mma fighter, momentum or a lack of it. If TJ and MM both win on Saturday, they have to cash in on that opportunity.

The UFC has such a fascination with talking down their own product.

it's strange.

the UFC can mix idiotic hyperbole ("they are the greatest athlete in the history of humankind") with saying that their own product is terrible ("professional fighter X is a fucking coward") so easily

I am just waiting for the NBA commissioner to unload on LeBron James for moving to the Lakers. Makes so much business sense.

He surely doesnt need a forum guy to defend his honor, yet here you are...I wasnt giving advice, just pointing the obvious.

The difference is, you aren't a pro MMA fighter worth 6 million so haven't got a clue about what it's like to be him.

I'm a schmo on the Internet, so i know what it's like to be a schmo on the Internet like you.

He is so far ahead of you in life, its as Wittgenstein says. You can't talk to a lion as you'd have no idea what it's like to be him....I'm paraphrasing.

The UFC has such a fascination with talking down their own product.

it's strange.

the UFC can mix idiotic hyperbole ("they are the greatest athlete in the history of humankind") with saying that their own product is terrible ("professional fighter X is a fucking coward") so easily

I am just waiting for the NBA commissioner to unload on LeBron James for moving to the Lakers. Makes so much business sense.

mm isn't lebron, he's Isaiah Thomas

Yea I can see your point. I just don't think he has many alternatives. He's clearly not avoiding anyone at BW. Only two things fuel the career of an mma fighter, momentum or a lack of it. If TJ and MM both win on Saturday, they have to cash in on that opportunity.
Yeah, if TJ beats Cody, I think fighting Cruz next would be good also. After that either fighting DJ or finding something else, because at that point it will be very obvious that DJ don't want to make it happen.
If MM would challenge and go up to 135 it could be very exciting IMO. I feel like for the TJ vs DJ fight to feel right, DJ should show more interest and maybe try to take a second belt. Weight isn't the most important thing, but I feel like DJ has earned going for a belt at a higher weight instantly when moving up.

If DJ will just make it difficult to make the fight happen but it eventually happens at 125, it might not be that special. It might just be either "yeah DJ won, he is the best very small guy" or "DJ wasn't that great after all. Good thing TJ took him out and put a stop to the P4P talk". Also the 135 lb title will look bad if TJ is still champion, but he lost at 125.

I get that DJ thinks long term about his health and finances, but if he were to beat TJ I think it would boost his popularity a lot.
Just because he is not very popular now doesn't mean he can't become a draw. He looks a lot better than the other 125 lb guys, but theres only a few great 125 lb fighters and he has already fought them.

Floyd isn't a lot bigger than DJ and he became the biggest earner in combat sports. Maybe DJ won't beat his wife and brag about his money, not likely he becomes AS big of a draw in the "heel" type of way.
Still, winning a lot of belts, beating bigger guys etc was a needed ingredient to get the popularity Mayweather has.

Oh and I don't think TJ is avoiding anybody. I like both him and DJ and think TJ is in a lot more interesting fights.

Not buying that at all. If he had wanted that fight and not a Dr. Evil amount of money to do it, Dana would have made it happen. I can't stand that guy.

TJ is taller than Frankie Edgar and is calling out flyweights

Floyd isn't a lot bigger than DJ and he became the biggest earner in combat sports. Maybe DJ won't beat his wife and brag about his money, not likely he becomes AS big of a draw in the "heel" type of way.

Floyd did NOT get big because of his persona or bragging. He went up several weight classes and for a time fought everyone and beat them with excellence. He stopped doing that many years ago but thats what got him big. Floyd is the polar opposite in terms how he managed his fights compared to Johnson.

Considering he stole money from everyone who bought his PPV's, he would just be returning what he stole. So yes, a thief.
I was waiting for some cynical bastard to spin it to this. Thanks fox news.

Back