DJ: I accepted the TJ fight,then i got injured.I was never offered the TJ fight again

mm isn't lebron, he's Isaiah Thomas

Thomas had an electrifying run with Boston just 2 years ago. One of the smallest men in the NBA. Top 5 MVP vote getter for a big market team combined with a sad (and attention getting) narrative about his sister passing away during the playoffs.

To put it another way, he was a guy who looked like he might now make it in the NBA at all when he was drafted and he went on to have a run as the star on one of the NBA's most storied franchises.

Imagine if the NBA was the UFC. We would have heard quotes like this from the Commissioner once Thomas' season fell apart:

"We have been offering him games but he just doesn't want to play basketball right now"

"He won't play hurt. This is a physical game. I dunno what his doctors are saying but there is no reason he can't play"

"He wants to be a big star and get paid but he won't make it to the court"

Of course none of that happened because the NBA understnds that shitting on your own players is not a great way to convince fans to pay to watch them

Thomas had an electrifying run with Boston just 2 years ago. One of the smallest men in the NBA. Top 5 MVP vote getter for a big market team combined with a sad (and attention getting) narrative about his sister passing away during the playoffs.

To put it another way, he was a guy who looked like he might now make it in the NBA at all when he was drafted and he went on to have a run as the star on one of the NBA's most storied franchises.

Imagine if the NBA was the UFC. We would have heard quotes like this from the Commissioner once Thomas' season fell apart:

"We have been offering him games but he just doesn't want to play basketball right now"

"He won't play hurt. This is a physical game. I dunno what his doctors are saying but there is no reason he can't play"

"He wants to be a big star and get paid but he won't make it to the court"

Of course none of that happened because the NBA understnds that shitting on your own players is not a great way to convince fans to pay to watch them

but nobody pays to watch johnson. The ufc can't operate like major team sports so seriously trying to compare them doesn't work

but nobody pays to watch johnson. The ufc can't operate like major team sports so seriously trying to compare them doesn't work

of course, the comparison works. you just don't like the conclusion.

"nobody buys a ticket to watch Kyle Korver". true. but you still need players like Korver to have a product and you will never hear the NBA commissioner publically disparaging him.

of course, the comparison works. you just don't like the conclusion.

"nobody buys a ticket to watch Kyle Korver". true. but you still need players like Korver to have a product and you will never hear the NBA commissioner publically disparaging him.

it doesn't work because mma doesn't have a regular season and a tournament at the end to determine the champion. it's also on ppv, not free TV. So the comparison doesn't really hold water at all

Back