Disturbing trend in US: more young girls are being admitted in hospitals for self harm

Over the years I've known a couple of females who would cut themselves occasionally. One of these was a girlfriend i had for a few years.
These two in particular also had eating disorders and hated themselves. They saw themselves as being fat and ugly, both were skinny and nice looking in reality. Actually my ex-gf was stunning looking, completely out of my league as far as looks went.

Body dysmorphic disorder

I disagree about the 'they just want attention' theory btw.

These two females were ultimately very sad. There were times when they didn't believe they deserved love, affection or pleasure, they didn't feel they were worthy of those things. It was no use trying to use logic when talking to both of them. It didn't matter if the scales said they only weighed 50 kg for example. "How can you be fat when you weigh so little and your waist measurement is only 27 inches?" [i can't recall the actual measurements]

Both of these women weren't like that all the time, a lot of the time they felt pretty 'normal' and weren't feeling really sad. However at any moment they could spiral out of control and start hating themselves again. One of these women would sometimes burn themselves with cigarettes. My gf never did that but she'd cut her thighs and arms every now and then.
I got the sense that when they felt 'ugly' they'd make themselves look even more ugly by damaging themselves physically. But sometimes it seemed they did it as a type of punishment that they deserved for being so repulsive.

Not long after hitching up with my ex we were talking about the whole eating disorder thing and out of the blue she remarked, 'of course you know this will break us up in the end, don't you?'
I replied, 'thats rubbish, how could it do that?'
She said, ' you'd be surprized how far reaching the consequences of an eating disorder has.' 'There's a ripple-effect.'

Needless to say it did ultimately cause the end of our love affair.

Ok, what am I bitter about ? Youre the one who thinks the world is being taken over by liberalism and it scares you.
You're bitter about there being resistance to progressive liberalism (progress: mass immigration, multiculturalism, white guilt/privilege, impossible to properly vet refugees, LGBT insanity, BLM, ANTIFA, gun bans/confiscation, radical feminism and Islam).

It's currently ruining multiple countries. I have never said it was taking over the world. Just spreading and naturally there's going to be resistance to such a warped agenda.

You're bitter about there being resistance to progressive liberalism (progress: mass immigration, multiculturalism, white guilt/privilege, impossible to properly vet refugees, LGBT insanity, BLM, ANTIFA, gun bans/confiscation, radical feminism and Islam).

It's currently ruining multiple countries. I have never said it was taking over the world. Just spreading and naturally there's going to be resistance to such a warped agenda.
You sir have assumed a lot of garbage, but why would I be bitter? Apparently "my side" is winning by ruining all these countries. Sounds like you're projecting your bullshit on me. Go cry in your pillow some more buddy.

I find that breaking my posts, particularly ones that are criticisms of others' posts, into bullets yields a greater chance that the person quoted addresses all of them.

I have not seen any data to support that. Have you? And, if you have, can you provide it?

I think most people in general overestimate how easy it is to die via pharmaceuticals like sleeping pills, but prevailing gender roles drives men toward bloody and violent displays like blowing one's head off and drive women away from disfiguring methods of suicide. Also, men are more likely to own and have access to firearms in general, but I'd say that's a slightly less important consideration.

Can you provide the science, so that I can vet it as being "pretty clear"?

While I would tend to agree with some of your conclusions, I continually hesitate to believe that women actually meaningfully hurt, let alone completely diminish, their value in being wed-able due to promiscuity. This is a phenomenon that I observe to only exist in speculation by men online - men who would marry an attractive girl regardless of whether they had 0 or 10 previous partners, and who would not marry an unattractive girl regardless of the same.

Already stated it. Prevailing gender roles internalize female violence (self-harm) and externalize male violence (homicide/battery/etc.) + the methods of suicide and women being averse to methods that disfigure their corpse because of the value of beauty.
Sure. The gun thing isn't a factor at all. Gun ownership is only about 60/40 for men and the most common successful suicide method is hanging, so gun ownership doesn't factor in. Pills are the most common unsuccessful attempts.

https://ijmhs.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1752-4458-8-54

You're incorrect on the internal/external violence thing. Homocide I'll go with because that's obvious. Battery and domestic violence being more common with men is absolutely not true. Women hit men faaar more often than men hit women, and lesbians have the highest rate of domestic violence(up to 45%).

https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawprevention/lesbianrx/factsheet.shtml

As far as the science of reproduction, I'm talking about the fact that women's fertility window is shorter and their number eggs only allow them to have a finite number of kids whereas men have no solid cap on their number and don't have the same hormonal changes after having kids to desire nesting.

It probably has a lot to do with the rise of social media. In the video below Jonathon Haidt and Jordan Peterson explain how social pressures created by smart phones and social media have led to psychological problems in young people, especially girls. The fact that you are put things out and are judged by the crowd measured in likes. It also makes it easier for people to join in mobs for attacking people.

Agreed. But...

Disagree. There's certainly no evidence that this is the case.
There is exceptionally strong corollary evidence for it. It could be the craziest coincidence ever, but women's happiness has gone down at almost exactly the same rate as motherhood over the same span. There is also a pretty vibrant fertility industry where women pay around 30k for the chance to have a kid after they realize they missed their window to do it naturally, and that doesn't always work so they dump that money on just the possibility.

I thought this was going to be about cutting but this has more to do with attempting suicide than anything else. The majority of those emergencies are due to poisoning. I believe a social and psychological study needs to made to get to the bottom of this, this trend is very alarming.

You sir have assumed a lot of garbage, but why would I be bitter? Apparently "my side" is winning by ruining all these countries. Sounds like you're projecting your bullshit on me. Go cry in your pillow some more buddy.
<DisgustingHHH>

Some things are just safe to assume because it sure sounds like you bit into a bitter lemon.

Sweden is yours, The UK is Australia is yours, Canada might last a few more years if the CPC win the election, France may or may not fall, Germany I think there's still time, Italy is woke AF, progs in Spain may or may not be rooted out...

You can't claim total victory.
<{cruzshake}>

Sure. The gun thing isn't a factor at all. Gun ownership is only about 60/40 for men and the most common successful suicide method is hanging, so gun ownership doesn't factor in. Pills are the most common unsuccessful attempts.

https://ijmhs.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1752-4458-8-54

So the gun thing would be a statistical factor, but just a small one. And the other stuff is in-line with what I've already said, yeah?

You're incorrect on the internal/external violence thing. Homocide I'll go with because that's obvious. Battery and domestic violence being more common with men is absolutely not true. Women hit men faaar more often than men hit women, and lesbians have the highest rate of domestic violence(up to 45%).

https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawprevention/lesbianrx/factsheet.shtml

You might want to check that again.

I didn't say anything about domestic violence. It would seem logical that same-sex relationships are most likely to contain domestic violence since the partners are more likely to be of relative equal size.

But your link does not say that. It says that 17-45% of gay women report having experienced domestic violence. Meanwhile, it's generally accepted that 33% of women total are victims of domestic violence, compared to 25% of men. And women are nearly twice as likely to be victims of severe domestic violence.

The only statistics of which I am aware that corroborate your point are about the likelihood of "instigating physical altercations," which is both deeply ambiguous and IIRC was only very slightly in women's favor, like 50.7 to 49.3.

But yeah the US is getting hammered pretty hard with all these toxic chemicals, desires to commit suicide and yes you guessed ridiculous amounts of progress.

My guess is it's the Jewish cabal to get women out of the kitchen and not be doormats to men in order to bring on the new world order and the end of civilization.

There are a number of things. Camille Paglia suggests that one of the issues may be modern feminism's tendency to infantilizing women and encourage them to be weak:

Feminism’s "sex war" has stunted the maturation of both girls and boys.

I am an equal opportunity feminist who opposes special protections for women. What I am saying throughout my work is that girls who are indoctrinated to see men not as equals but as oppressors and rapists are condemned to remain in a permanently juvenile condition for life. They [women] have surrendered their own personal agency to a poisonous creed that claims to empower women but has ended by infantilizing them. Similarly, boys will have no motivation to mature if their potential romantic partners remain emotionally insecure, fragile, and fearful, forever looking to parental proxies (like campus grievance committees or government regulators) to make the world safe for them.

The cause can be many things. But the solution is found in Jesus Christ.
We’ve read The Book (66 Books, actually), now we’re watching the movie!

Not to be too cynical, but the world falling apart, as it is, causes me to smile a little. We were warned about ALL of this in Scripture.

We’ve read The Book (66 Books, actually), now we’re watching the movie!

Not to be too cynical, but the world falling apart, as it is, causes me to smile a little. We were warned about ALL of this in Scripture.
Well I don't think we should smile. But it's just not surprising that when our society has taken a hard turn away from Jesus Christ, this is the result. Expect worse to come unless we turn back to him. Jesus Christ is the only solution for our country.

Well I don't think we should smile. But it's just not surprising that when our society has taken a hard turn away from Jesus Christ, this is the result. Expect worse to come unless we turn back to him. Jesus Christ is the only solution for our country.
How can you not smile when our Father’s Truths are revealing themselves before our very eyes?

Where in Scripture does it say things will be fine and dandy just before Yeshua returns?

How can you not smile when our Father’s Truths are revealing themselves before our very eyes?

Where in Scripture does it say things will be fine and dandy just before Yeshua returns?
Sorry, but I'm just not gonna smile when girls are self harming themselves. Even if I'm proven right.

Back