Disturbing trend in US: more young girls are being admitted in hospitals for self harm

So the gun thing would be a statistical factor, but just a small one. And the other stuff is in-line with what I've already said, yeah?

You might want to check that again.

I didn't say anything about domestic violence. It would seem logical that same-sex relationships are most likely to contain domestic violence since the partners are more likely to be of relative equal size.

But your link does not say that. It says that 17-45% of gay women report having experienced domestic violence. Meanwhile, it's generally accepted that 33% of women total are victims of domestic violence, compared to 25% of men. And women are nearly twice as likely to be victims of severe domestic violence.

The only statistics of which I am aware that corroborate your point are about the likelihood of "instigating physical altercations," which is both deeply ambiguous and IIRC was only very slightly in women's favor, like 50.7 to 49.3.
You said internal violence vs external violence, so I figured domestic violence to be filed into that. Polling statistics get a little weird, and just looking at your link, there are some I'd accept and some I can probably tell exactly how they arrived there.

20% of women being raped is garbage, and has been debunked over and over. I'll buy the disparity in stalking, homocide, and "severe" domestic violence and certainly missed work days because of it, but that amounts to capability rather than intent. I've been hit by a gf, I don't know any man who's dated more than a few girls who hasn't, and I don't know a single guy who's ever hit a woman. I know that's anecdotal, but what are the odds that I know only the exceptions to the rule?

Sorry, but I'm just not gonna smile when girls are self harming themselves. Even if I'm proven right.
Bro, that’s not specifically what I’m relieved about. And, I’m not saying we are to discontinue to introduce people to Christ. But, as a Christian, when you see the world falling apart, as has been prophesied, one can’t help but feel vindicated.

Bro, that’s not specifically what I’m relieved about. And, I’m not saying we are to discontinue to introduce people to Christ. But, as a Christian, when you see the world falling apart, as has been prophesied, one can’t help but feel vindicated.
Here's the thing, you already know you are right. But we don't need to rejoice when a society rejects Jesus Christ and suffers the consequences of that. We should be praying for our country and praying for any girls dealing with these problems of self harm. It's only by God's grace that I'm not worse off than them.

Here's the thing, you already know you are right. But we don't need to rejoice when a society rejects Jesus Christ and suffers the consequences of that. We should be praying for our country and praying for any girls dealing with these problems of self harm. It's only by God's grace that I'm not worse off than them.
I rejoice at the fact that Our Father’s Words are revealing themselves before our eyes, not that people are hurting, especially young women. Believe me, as a father, I am highly concerned with the issues my children will face in their futures.

Just reading some of the nonsense from Lefty posters in the WR is pretty alarming!

I think a whole lot of it is wanting attention.

There afraid to face reality and want a crutch.

I want say all of it though.

<DisgustingHHH>

Some things are just safe to assume because it sure sounds like you bit into a bitter lemon.

Sweden is yours, The UK is Australia is yours, Canada might last a few more years if the CPC win the election, France may or may not fall, Germany I think there's still time, Italy is woke AF, progs in Spain may or may not be rooted out...

You can't claim total victory.
<{cruzshake}>
Dude honestly I don't have a side this is shot morons like you conjure in your heads .

My wife is a middle school counselor

The number of "light" suicide attempts for a variety of reasons from 6th to 8th graders, especially girls, is staggering and depressing

What do you think is the cause for the increase in more young girls being admitted into hospitals for self harm?

Social media - either being bullied or seeing others having a good time and feel like missing out?

A call for attention?

Feeling like there is too much chaos around them from broken family or pressure to get into good college or whatever else and the physical pain is easier to deal with?
More young kids in general are harming themselves. We've had tweens kill themselves in my city.

That shit never happened 10 years ago when I started. We've had numerous kids younger than 13 kill themselves.

I have young girls, I coach young girls. They're complicated beings who care a lot about what others think. Other than that, I know nothing.

Testosterone

SRY Gene >>>

Women are unhappy because they're not barefoot.

They need to be!

big_brother_f.jpg

Eyes everywhere in this post.

Dad isn't allowed to teach them lessons and be the leader of the house. Nothing works this "modern" way you morons.

There's a lot more mentally ill people here than there use to be. It's a cultural problem caused by leftist social issues and the collapse of the traditional family; along with the pharmaceutical and psychiatric industry that have been allowed by the establishment in our government to profit at expense. We also out psychotropic drugs to kids with developing brains when most don't have anything wrong with them, other than a maybe a discipline problem from bad parenting. We use drugs from a handful of different classes to treat every mental disorder, and they do more damage than harm in many cases.

SSRI's were approved for clinical depression, which is completely different than the depression it's usually prescribed for. Most people who claim to be depressed have normal levels of serotonin their brains, just like those with ADD have normal levels of dopamine. They blunt emotions over time, and were never meant to be used permanently, or by children, until the pharmaceutical companies needed to increase profit by expanding the uses and increasing the recommended duration of treatment(which is usually long term now anyway). We give kids amphetamines for ADD when it's debatable if it's even a real disorder. Amphetamines make everyone focus better, and they cause people to become more selfish and isolated as well. I think these drugs have profound affects on young people who are still developing basic psychological foundations of their personality. If your emotions are blunted when your brains developing it could easily impact your ability to feel empathy or even understand it in a more permanent way than it could an adult.

Back