Rumored Did Paulo Costa just pull out again…..

Let him go to Bellator and pull out last second against Eblen at this point.

Costa going in for zygo surgery

giphy.gif

Used to be one of my top 3 favorite fighters but now it's cut him, like yesterday

Used to be one of my Top 30 Favorite Fighters, Now my Top 11.

There's a LOT of pile-on right now, with not a lot of justification for it that I can see.

Don't get me wrong, I've been fully ready to pull the plug on this guy for a while, but right now nothing has changed.

-The fight is still scheduled. It's not been removed from the cards

-And I can't find anything on any rumors either. Even googling "Whittaker Usman" results in the past 24 hours just takes you to this thread.

*edit* The Rob vs Usman rumors are from over a month ago when Costa had "vanished" during negotiations. The fight was officially announced since, so it sounds like that got solved

It seems that not one other person bothered to investigate further? Everyone is too busy talking shit about Costa.

Ah, Sherdog...lol

It seems that not one other person bothered to investigate further? Everyone is too busy talking shit about Costa.

Ah, Sherdog...lol
Thank you. I feel like I was speaking into a void. Just full of reactionaries. It's like Reddit up in here

I love Paulo but he has to go if he keeps pulling out.

If Costa does pull out, the UFC likely parts ways with him. He's not worth the hassle and taking out a key fight on UFC 300 is probably not going to make Dana very happy

Costa is a troll that loves to wind people up, let's see what other info comes out before we break into conspiracy mode lol.
That’s not a conspiracy theory, my friend. At the worst it’s a logical assumption at this point.

He hasn’t even fought a single time on his new contract. Since 2018 he has only fought once each calendar year, except for 2023. He didn’t fight in 2023 at all. 5 fights in 6 years. He’s a massive pullout merchant.. OR he just refuses to sign contracts for fights he’s been linked with. Isn’t this the 3rd time he won’t be fighting Whittaker?

I’ve said it many times. I would have cut him for the weight debacle in 2021. And he’s had one fight since. He beat retired for 3 years Rockhold in 2022.

He needs to go.

That’s not a conspiracy theory, my friend. At the worst it’s a logical assumption at this point.

He hasn’t even fought a single time on his new contract. Since 2018 he has only fought once each calendar year, except for 2023. He didn’t fight in 2023 at all. 5 fights in 6 years. He’s a massive pullout merchant.. OR he just refuses to sign contracts for fights he’s been linked with. Isn’t this the 3rd time he won’t be fighting Whittaker?

I’ve said it many times. I would have cut him for the weight debacle in 2021. And he’s had one fight since. He beat retired for 3 years Rockhold in 2022.

He needs to go.
The fact that he's still ranked #6 is just ridiculous.

If Costa does pull out, the UFC likely parts ways with him. He's not worth the hassle and taking out a key fight on UFC 300 is probably not going to make Dana very happy
Nah that's probably what he wants. They'll keep him under contract, take him outta the rankings, and only offer him the toughest unranked/barely ranked opponents possible. All-risk no-reward shit. Fluffy, Aliskerov, Oleksiejczuk etc

They swapped him with usman so that he can go smash cumshot instead
Why would they schedule a fight and then pull it, screw over Whittaker, just to make a fight they could have made in the first place had they wanted? I know conspiracies are fun and all, but just because you can think one up doesn't mean it makes sense or is true.

I've said this several times before and I'll say it again - the sooner the UFC cuts Costa the better. He just absolutely wrecks cards and fucks over his opponents on a consistent basis. As Dana once said "the kid just doesn't want to fight."

Can't believe some of you were thinking he stood a chance against Khamzat anyway, let alone thinking he would show up. Guy got wrecked by Vettori and barely scraped by Rockhold lol.
'Wrecked by Vettori' lol, most fighters would have folded from the punishment Vettori took in that fight, he literally won because Paulo was tired from beating on him. Not that he actually had any problems, but barely scraping by Rockhold is much better than barely scraping by Usman on 11 days notice and moving up a weightclass. I don't know what Khamzat is going to do against Paulo, when he's gassed after one round with Usman on 11 days notice, and Paulo is beating Vettori in the 5th round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back