Rumored Did Paulo Costa just pull out again…..

Lmao if true this was a fairly easy event to predict.

Also crazy if Usman said with him a 2nd time lol. Historical even

He hurt Yoel too many times and had Yoel on the fence getting blasted for 3 rounds
That’s just not true especially when yoel clearly won the 3rd round on all judges scorecards and 94% of fan votes on MMAdecisions, with double the official strikes in that round

2nd round was close but yoel clearly outstruck costa, that “on the fence getting blasted” was yoel half blocking and rolling with the punches too, taking a lot of the power out of them

That’s just not true especially when yoel clearly won the 3rd round on all judges scorecards and 94% of fan votes on MMAdecisions, with double the official strikes in that round

2nd round was close but yoel clearly outstruck costa, that “on the fence getting blasted” was yoel half blocking and rolling with the punches too, taking a lot of the power out of them
I’m sorry man I don’t remember Yoel doing enough to win, it looked like a definite win for costa.

I’m sorry man I don’t remember Yoel doing enough to win, it looked like a definite win for costa.
Whatever, I don’t care enough to argue at this time, but I thought it was a close but clear for yoel. have a good day

I've said this several times before and I'll say it again - the sooner the UFC cuts Costa the better. He just absolutely wrecks cards and fucks over his opponents on a consistent basis. As Dana once said "the kid just doesn't want to fight."

Can't believe some of you were thinking he stood a chance against Khamzat anyway, let alone thinking he would show up. Guy got wrecked by Vettori and barely scraped by Rockhold lol.
Losing 3 rounds to 2 = wrecked
Winning 3 rounds to 0 = Barely winning

Standard-fluid ass dude lol

Dude I have said this like twenty times Costa is retired.... he is just trolling the ufc for more instagram money

If this is true, that's a wrap for me. I would send him on his way to be a backup dancer with Ricky Martin or Julio Iglesias or some shit. I would also fight to ensure he did not receive a dime from his 'Contract' with the UFC, you have to work to get paid. This guy don't want to work and if it's Staph again he likely don't want to shower either.

Last edited:
There's a LOT of pile-on right now, with not a lot of justification for it that I can see.

Don't get me wrong, I've been fully ready to pull the plug on this guy for a while, but right now nothing has changed.

-The fight is still scheduled. It's not been removed from the cards

-And I can't find anything on any rumors either. Even googling "Whittaker Usman" results in the past 24 hours just takes you to this thread.

*edit* The Rob vs Usman rumors are from over a month ago when Costa had "vanished" during negotiations. The fight was officially announced since, so it sounds like that got solved

Last edited:
Biggest waste of time ever, I can't stand Costa. Barely ever fights, booked in phantom ghost fights that never ever happen.. and is a very mediocre fighter as well. I already said lots of times Whittaker vs Costa will not happen.. even if it gets added back too the card, it doesn't mean nothing with this guy. Expect some "mysterious" reason to come up as to why he can't fight again.

Back