Did Costa Phillippou Get Lucky?

Clean win. Tim getting past Lombard and Okami (be honest) no one expected that. Luck ran out.

Well Tim seemed to be winning up until the head butt
so who knows he should get a
rematch

Tim looked so defeated at the end there. Good for him for taking as much punishment as he did, and I felt even worse about it after he mentioned having to miss Christmas to train in the pre-fight bit.

The saddest fight of an overall sad card, for me anyways :icon_sad:

The illegal, but unintentional headbutt changed the momentum. I thought the eye-poke was unintentional until they showed the replay. That was definitely intentional. He fought scared until the eye-poke. I was fast becoming a fan, but when he didn't acknowldege what had happened and celebrated like he had a clean win, I can't wait until he gets fed another top contender. Lights out and train derailed.

Clean win. Tim getting past Lombard and Okami (be honest) no one expected that. Luck ran out.

Gawd....just what sherdog needs..another nutthugger. If you seriously think that was a clean win, it is certain you are fellating Philipou in victory.

Absolutely, granted everything that happened is irreversible and was a result of the fight, had Boetsch been inked prior to the fight its one thing but he (Costa) did what he had to do and that's that. You can't really fault him for it.

Lucky? He took everything Tim had in the first round, survived and battered Tim for the rest of the fight.

yeah sure he was fortunate as hell, but he stepped up and grabbed the op by the bollocks

lol, I mean, by the end of the fight, he was pulling half guard .... seemed like he was looking for a way out.

Since he couldn't see anything, he just grabbed the first thing he could. And that was a leg.

At least on the ground you can expect where the punches will come from, even if blind. Not that it helps in any way...

Very tainted fight.

I rarely give much attention to "luck" etc...but this is one of those cases where I don't feel like we really know who the better fighter is. The accidental head but and poke took their toll on him and put him on the defensive for the rest of the fight. He was pulling guard for god's sake, basically the complete opposite of what he would have done at 100%.

Yes he did.

I'd pick Boetcsh in a rematch no problem

Not buying the story that all those accidents were not intentional from Costa FullofPoo

Costa and Weidman train together so I'm not surprised he won easily. Everybody's complaining about the eye poke at least Costa stopped immediately after it was done. It just goes to show he's not a cheater as some have mentioned on here.

even without the eye poke, the broken hand basically ended the fight. it was in boetsch's head and he was basically throwing with one hand and unable to get TDs also as a result of it.

Either way it seemed like Tim wanted a way out. Also you could argue Tim's last two fights were "lucky" as well. Once I saw him pulling guard and shooting from way out you could tell he wasn't mentally there. Maia or Jacare he is not.

It all went down hill for Tim after the head clash and the eye poke, felt bad for him cause he looked really good in the first round.

heres a crazy thought, maybe just maybe costa was the better man that night? crazy huh?

Yes he got lucky. But it makes up for Boetsch's incredible luck in his last few fights

Back