Derrick lewis got BEAT yet nobody noticed @stupid fans? Why the UFC hates GRAPPLING ufc 247

Lewis not only lost the fight, he got DOMINATED. But guess what? UFC doesn't give a fuck about being a real sport. Fans are dumb, judges are dumber, Dana doesn't give a fuck about sport justice as long as he's making money. Imagine if a UCL match win was given to the team with the most exciting dribblers and more famous players. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The only way we will EVER have real results and real competition in the sport of MMA, is when all companies get dissolved and a worldwide federation become the new standard. Out of that, we will have to shut the fuck up and accept these kinds of shitty decisions and complete dismissal of athletes months and years of work.

Last edited:
I think Lewis won the first round pretty easily and stole the 3rd with damage.

Nah brah.
Jones got beat, obviously.
Lewis lost under the rules but Latofo only won on control. No beating whatsoever.
Oh, he had solid defense and absorbed most of the hard shots on his gloves and forearms.

This fight was reminiscing of Couture vs Vera. At the time I was disgusted by the decision, since Vera had Couture truly hurt by a kick at one point and looked like he was gonna finish him. Except Randy got no Tds and only held Vera against the fence.
At least Latofo tossed BB around a few times.

Do they fight 3 times and they show each fight in different countries?
The amount of mouth breathing views on how it played out is amazing. No one dominated. They made a statement to do more than just lay on someone to stop them from trying to fight.

Agreed, he clearly lost that fight and lost the fight to Ivanov as well. The fact Lewis is considered a top 5 heavyweight is an embarrassment to the sport.

You all know TS is right but can't admit it because you are hating the Grappling in Fights. It's part of the fucking Game.

Lewis not only lost the fight, he got DOMINATED. But guess what? UFC doesn't give a fuck about being a real sport. Fans are dumb, judges are dumber, Dana doesn't give a fuck about sport justice as long as he's making money. Imagine if a UCL match win was given to the team with the most exciting dribblers and more famous players. This is absolutely ridiculous.

The only way we will EVER have real results and real competition in the sport of MMA, is when all companies get dissolved and a worldwide federation become the new standard. Out of that, we will have to shut the fuck up and accept these kinds of shitty decisions and complete dismissal of athletes months and years of work.

Yeah American fans know the score

They're just living in denial

that's a really great summation of the situation...Bravo!

@d1wrestler

I think you took too many headshots bro

I said the UFC loves AMERICAN WRESTLERS

They especially Love American wrestlers who STRIKE

You know who they really hate ...International freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestlers that don't

I already took you to school on my wrestling threads... I did warn you to stay out of the MMA forum where I'm really going to take you to clown town

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...s-in-the-ufc-past-and-present.3969399/page-11

Lewis rightfully won

Fook Latfi and his stalling tactics

That pretty much sums it up

you'll vote against the guy who legitimately won the fight cuz ur frustrated he stalled while well ahead

*ur goat got beat

Eh, that was a defensible decision. I could see it both ways. Latifi controlled large portions of the match, but did absolutely no damage and rarely struck lewis at all. Lewis slammed latifi with crazy punches, head kicks, and knees. I remember thinking that latifi probably should have won, but I wasn't mad about it. Even if you have a granite chin, that doesn't mean powerful blows shouldn't matter.

If Lewis threw 3 clean strikes in a row latifi would have been koed

he didn't land Jack all night and got slammed on his ass over and over and over

Lewis WIFFED BRO and spent all night pinned against the fence or to the ground

He only scored a single escape and won the first minute and last minute of the fight otherwise he was just a grappling dummy

dumb ass fans and pound town promoters just want big knockouts so they score for whoever is trying to give them what they want...

who cares who won the fight

Last edited:
If Lewis slated to clean strikes in a row latifi would have been kayode he didn't land Jack all night and got slammed on his ass over and over and over

Lewis WIFFED BRO and spent all night pinned against the fence or to the ground

He only scored a single escape and won the first minute and last minute of the fight otherwise he was just a grappling dummy

dumb ass fans and pound town promoters just want big knockouts so they score for whoever is trying to give them what they want...

who cares who won the fight
I'd rather be laid on for 3 minutes than moved half a foot over by a blocked head kick.
Either way there's an argument for both sides. Either you believe holding somebody wins fights or you believe damage does, Latifi wasn't even throwing Chael/Elkins level of pitter patter GnP. He was just laying there.

I'd rather be laid on for 3 minutes than moved half a foot over by a blocked head kick.
Either way there's an argument for both sides. Either you believe holding somebody wins fights or you believe damage does, Latifi wasn't even throwing Chael/Elkins level of pitter patter GnP. He was just laying there.

problem is Lewis did ZERO damage...if he HAD landed latifi would still be asleep

problem is Lewis did ZERO damage...if he HAD landed latifi would still be asleep
What? He landed clean in that 3rd round blitz Latifi just took it extremely well.
I scored the fight for Lewis and I have no idea Latifi didn't go down but I think the damage out weighed the control.

I'm generally very defensive of grappling in MMA and I feel that there is an underappreciated value and skill to top positional control particularly. However, I did not feel that Latifi won. I won't argue with someone if they feel he did as he controlled a good portion of the fight from top, but I feel that he had slightly less clean significant offense (including top positional control which I give credit to) than Lewis. It was a close fight, but I feel that the right person won. A lot of Lewis's shots were grazing but they still were significant in the context of the fight given how close it was and how minimal Latifi advanced from top -- he didn't have any valid submission attempts and his ground and pound just wasn't quite enough imo. I did feel the stand up in the 2nd round was bullocks, but I scored that round for Latifi anyways.

I had money on Latifi by decision and he did exactly what I thought he would, if it wasn’t in Texas he would’ve won, by the rules we have he definitely won, the little bit of damage Lewis did at the end of the 3rd doesn’t win a 15 minute fight

Back