Derrick lewis got BEAT yet nobody noticed @stupid fans? Why the UFC hates GRAPPLING ufc 247

Latifi didnt deserve to win because he never had Lewis in danger and never did anything with his takedowns.
Also how are we on page 10 of this thread, TS needs to LET IT GO

You've got it mixed up

I'm not complaining about this fight so much as I'm complaining about a general strategy of sports entertainment instead of a legitimate MMA contest as it used to be

The punchline is with my brilliant strategy you can still have your referee stand-ups yet maintain legitimate positional scoring that will take the fight out of the hands of opinionated fallible corruptible humans

Or perhaps they prefer to keep their criteria more nebulous for some strange reason

LOL

Gives a whole new meaning to the term Sluggers chance

In modern UFC Sluggers gets chance after chance after chance after chance after chance

One must consider the long-term ramifications of this type of competition strategy expect higher CTE rates and more bloody violence contests just like the fans want let's face it the fans want to see athletes in seizure after receiving a vicious pounding to the Head if this is the future you want for mixed martial arts so be it but it's going to be pretty hard to develop it into a successful martial arts franchise when those kinds of images and numbers come out

Gives a whole new meaning to the term Sluggers chance

In modern UFC Sluggers gets chance after chance after chance after chance after chance

latifi has all the time in the world to do something with that takedown - instead he decided to just hold out on top and do no damage

the fight was his for the taking

Ufc needs to be more exciting. I like
Judges scoring fights that way

Yes that's because with the current system the person that earns the takedown has to Advanced dominant position while striking and actively trying to submit their opponent or else they will lose position because of the referee stand up

Meanwhile the athlete in the inferior position (who has lost the takedown) needs only to lay there and hold on and wait for the referee intervention

... just like Derrick Lewis proved in UFC 247

If you're a slugger you can get taken down and just hold on

you don't have to escape

you don't have to strike

you don't have to reverse

you don't have to try for a submission

The athlete that lost the takedown can just lay there and stall

Don't you think there's something stupid about putting all the advancement onus on the athlete that earned the takedown while simultaneously incentivizing the person who lost the takedown to stall??

the athlete that earned the takedown

They already did something

they are winning the fight

We should put the advancement requirement criteria on the athlete that's losing not winning

being on top and doing nothing has ALWAYS been given minimal scoring - what “current system” are you talking about ?

go watch the randleman / bas rutten
title fight

this is nothing new

being on top and doing nothing has ALWAYS been given minimal scoring - what “current system” are you talking about ?

go watch the randleman / bas rutten
title fight

this is nothing new

Yeah Kevin Randleman got robbed that night he clearly dominated and the comments prove so

Bas was their golden boy and that was the era where the BJJ guard was still considered a neutral position

Lewis never bothered to improve his position

Why would he

This new era allows a guy to lay and pray like never B4

L&P = LAY in the INFERIOR position and pray for the ref to save you

latifi has all the time in the world to do something with that takedown - instead he decided to just hold out on top and do no damage

the fight was his for the taking

He decided to hold lewis down and wait until he tried to escape to hurt him or just re-ground him

That's what wrestlers who aren't that good at striking do

If Lewis actually had to find out he would have been gassed out and neutralized on his feet

instead he was able to land a couple lame arm punches at the end because he didn't have to Grapple out of an inferior position the referee pulled him out

L&P = LAY in the INFERIOR position and pray for the ref to save you

poor definition - how would you even be able to hold someone down at an “interior” position - at worst you would have to stay in his guard while doing nothing

lay and pray = what latifi was doing - laying out top doing almost nothing praying the judges will award you the decision

the “praying” portion of it is because your so inactive that something similar to what black beast did at ends loses you the fight

latifi had ample opportunities to do damage on top and solidify the decision - he didn’t - he has nobody to blame but himself

poor definition - how would you even be able to hold someone down at an “interior” position - at worst you would have to stay in his guard while doing nothing

lay and pray = what latifi was doing - laying out top doing almost nothing praying the judges will award you the decision

the “praying” portion of it is because your so inactive that something similar to what black beast did at ends loses you the fight

latifi had ample opportunities to do damage on top and solidify the decision - he didn’t - he has nobody to blame but himself

you have it backwards

LEWIS was laying and praying [for the ref to save him]

latifi was beating his ass

Eh, that was a defensible decision. I could see it both ways. Latifi controlled large portions of the match, but did absolutely no damage and rarely struck lewis at all. Lewis slammed latifi with crazy punches, head kicks, and knees. I remember thinking that latifi probably should have won, but I wasn't mad about it. Even if you have a granite chin, that doesn't mean powerful blows shouldn't matter.
This. Plus honestly it was kind of a shitty fight and both fighters were complicit in that. I would have given the nod to Latifi, but I get why Lewis got it too.

I loved the decision and i hope this pushes fighters to cut the fucking” hugging against the cage with 0 damage delivered” bs move. No damage at all= you lose.

This. Plus honestly it was kind of a shitty fight and both fighters were complicit in that. I would have given the nod to Latifi, but I get why Lewis got it too.

how exciting a fight is has nothing to do with it's legitimacy as an athletic contest

Latifi won with grappling but they manipulate the contest to give the Reckless Slugger bite after bite at the Apple

irony is if Derek Lewis knew he had to work out and couldn't stall for the referee stand up he might have got away from him and caught him with more punches in process but the takedown has reduced relevance

The takedown is not worth much in this kind of MMA

They want to encourage the slugfest

I loved the decision and i hope this pushes fighters to cut the fucking” hugging against the cage with 0 damage delivered” bs move. No damage at all= you lose.

C0NCH3TO said:
"cut the fucking” hugging against the cage"

*CASE IN POINT*

Back