Derrick lewis got BEAT yet nobody noticed @stupid fans? Why the UFC hates GRAPPLING ufc 247

I thought he won.
Just wish he did more with striking then would be no doubt.

absolutely
he got to him with a couple short combinations and leg kicks especially at one point I think he even had Lewis hurt

He decided to play it safe and dominate the positionl grappling game like he knew he could

Latifi actually hit Derek Lewis a lot they just weren't dramatic strikes

if I were Derricks coach I would be going absolutely insane as he probably could have finished this fight in three minutes if he would have concentrated on 3 punch combinations

especially since the current UFC won't let you hold somebody down until they're forced to try to Escape

You still mad about this? Did you lose a ton of money?

It was a very close fight and not a lot happened. Could’ve gone either way, gotta accept that

You still mad about this? Did you lose a ton of money?

It was a very close fight and not a lot happened. Could’ve gone either way, gotta accept that

Well...I don't invest emotionally or gamble on MMA

I MAY be inclined to but only on a legitimate athletic contest in which my Decades of experience will serve me well in picking the winner

problem here is American MMA is becoming Sports entertainment

the people that actually win the fights don't get credit for it
IE Lilir/Reyas

that may not be a big deal for those of you who are just interested in a little mild entertainment but for those of us that invested decades of hard work dedication and sacrifice plus tens of thousands of dollars in the Sports Development it's a bit disappointing to see it wind up this way....

This is how i feel:
20200221_112005.gif
20200221_150039.gif

Last edited:
Well...I don't invest emotionally or gamble on MMA

I MAY be inclined to but only on a legitimate athletic contest in which my Decades of experience will serve me well in picking the winner

problem here is American MMA is becoming Sports entertainment

the people that actually win the fights don't get credit for it
IE Lilir/Reyas

that may not be a big deal for those of you who are just interested in a little mild entertainment but for those of us that invested decades of hard work dedication and sacrifice plus tens of thousands of dollars in the Sports Development it's a bit disappointing to see it wind up this way....

This is how i feel:
View attachment 733063
Man I’ve been in and out of combat sports gyms since my teens, I’ve done a lot of live rounds in every major discipline with new comers, amateurs and pros.
The fight was close enough to give to black beast. You can say based on his effort, aggression and even damage he won the third round.

I swear Lewis is one of the luckiest hws on the roster from his hail mary kos to his gift decisions it's like he's got some higher power looking after him

Man I’ve been in and out of combat sports gyms since my teens, I’ve done a lot of live rounds in every major discipline with new comers, amateurs and pros.
The fight was close enough to give to black beast. You can say based on his effort, aggression and even damage he won the third round.

well thats just it...he did NO DAMAGE, at all
no wobble, no blood no bruise...no dice

yet

was DOMINATED in all aspects prepositionally

AND hit many times

without standups...would he have "won"??

I swear Lewis is one of the luckiest hws on the roster from his hail mary kos to his gift decisions it's like he's got some higher power looking after him

great point

UFC is so used to him landing the "big one" after being thoroughly beaten they were shocked when he failed and gave it to him anyway

without ref standups the black beast couldn't wrestle his way out of a wet paper bag

hes a crap fighter...just very very entertaining

like tank and kimbo

well thats just it...he did NO DAMAGE, at all
no wobble, no blood no bruise...no dice

yet

was DOMINATED in all aspects prepositionally

AND hit many times

without standups...would he have "won"??
But there were stand ups. That’s because Latifi didn’t advance position and didn’t even attempt to fight from an advantageous position

But there were stand ups. That’s because Latifi didn’t advance position and didn’t even attempt to fight from an advantageous position

Yes that's because with the current system the person that earns the takedown has to Advanced dominant position while striking and actively trying to submit their opponent or else they will lose position because of the referee stand up

Meanwhile the athlete in the inferior position (who has lost the takedown) needs only to lay there and hold on and wait for the referee intervention

... just like Derrick Lewis proved in UFC 247

If you're a slugger you can get taken down and just hold on

you don't have to escape

you don't have to strike

you don't have to reverse

you don't have to try for a submission

The athlete that lost the takedown can just lay there and stall

Don't you think there's something stupid about putting all the advancement onus on the athlete that earned the takedown while simultaneously incentivizing the person who lost the takedown to stall??

the athlete that earned the takedown

They already did something

they are winning the fight

We should put the advancement requirement criteria on the athlete that's losing not winning

Last edited:
Yes that's because with the current system the person that earns the takedown has to Advanced dominant position while striking and actively trying to submit their opponent or else they will lose position because of the referee stand up

Meanwhile the athlete in the inferior position (who has lost the takedown) needs only to lay there and hold on and wait for the referee intervention

... just like Derrick Lewis proved in UFC 247

If you're a slugger you can get taken down and just hold on

you don't have to escape

you don't have to strike

you don't have to reverse

you don't have to try for a submission

The athlete that lost the takedown can just lay there and stall

Don't you think there's something stupid about putting all the advancement onus on the athlete that earned the takedown while simultaneously incentivizing the person who lost the tape down to stall??

the athlete that earned the takedown ...already did something

they are winning the fight

We should put the advancement requirement criteria on the athlete that's losing not winning
You’re not winning the fight by laying on top of someone and doing nothing. I mean he was doing absolutely nothing. A takedown should be scored, top/dominant position should be scored, but just laying on top of someone for 15-25 mins with zero intention of advancing or trying to even damage your opponent is not fighting

You’re not winning the fight by laying on top of someone and doing nothing. I mean he was doing absolutely nothing. A takedown should be scored, top/dominant position should be scored, but just laying on top of someone for 15-25 mins with zero intention of advancing or trying to even damage your opponent is not fighting

How about just maintaining a dominant position and punching them in the body and head until they make an attempt to improve their position at which time you have your best opportunity to finish your opponnat

Remember the days when the athlete who lost the takedown actually had to fight out and couldn't just hold on and stall waiting for the referee?

Holy shit. Makes you forget how big Shaq and Yao are compared to the average Joe.... and Lewis is a big dude at 6'3"

5437f6b6ecad04cc2be71697

Holy shit. Makes you forget how big Shaq and Yao are compared to the average Joe.... and Lewis is a big dude at 6'3"

5437f6b6ecad04cc2be71697

Athletes that can't wrestle a lick are now capable of competing at the highest levels of MMA because grappling skill is no longer required

You can just swing a Haymaker at your opponent

get taken down

hold on and stall

be rewarded for that stalling and get another pot shot at your opponent

Rinse and repeat

Looks like you can even get a win despite never having hurt your opponent with one of your hay makers

Athletes that can't wrestle a lick are now capable of competing at the highest levels of MMA because grappling skill is no longer required

You can just swing a Haymaker at your opponent

get taken down

hold on and stall

be rewarded for that stalling and get another pot shot at your opponent

Rinse and repeat

Looks like you can even get a win despite never having hurt your opponent with one of your hay makers
Wtf. There is not a single fighter in the UFC that can't "grapple a lick"... and if Latifi was as elite as you claim he would've done some prime Cain Velasquez style domination.

The game evolves and people aren't as green to wrestling/BJJ anymore, so they know semi-effective defenses. Tying up, trapping, jockeying for underhooks, etc....

Whole thread and all your responses are weird.

Latifi didnt deserve to win because he never had Lewis in danger and never did anything with his takedowns.
Also how are we on page 10 of this thread, TS needs to LET IT GO

Wtf. There is not a single fighter in the UFC that can't "grapple a lick"... and if Latifi was as elite as you claim he would've done some prime Cain Velasquez style domination.

The game evolves and people aren't as green to wrestling/BJJ anymore, so they know semi-effective defenses. Tying up, trapping, jockeying for underhooks, etc....

Ngannou is a novoice when it Comes to grappling … just Basic TDD & Survival mode lol.

I don't know man it sure looks like grappling exchanges are being minimized in the UFC

for some reason...

Ngannou is a novoice when it Comes to grappling … just Basic TDD & Survival mode lol.

Good point I wonder if somebody might do a referee stand-ups count on some of these Sluggers and find out they live off the strategy...

Back