Derrick lewis got BEAT yet nobody noticed @stupid fans? Why the UFC hates GRAPPLING ufc 247

-guerilla-

Founder of the Louisville fight club est..1993
Banned
Reaction score
The general public is pretty ignorant but we've always known this

especially in the lucrative american market the average fan doesn't know much about technical grappling skills but they can appreciate the most basal instincts

The scenario of an athlete throwing a big strike while another athlete loses control over their body and falls to the canvas is the kind of winning any body can understand

Not only was Derek Lewis the hometown boy he also entertained the crowd with his unique style

Derek Lewis is the kind of guy that goes out there looking for the neutron bomb and that's why hes a big draw

he got beat at UFC 247 but nobody seems to notice because he was the more entertaining fighter and "wowed" the crowed with ridiculous Antics like jumping knees without any setup whatsoeve

He whiffed 95% of his strikes and the tiny few that landed bounced off the Armenian tank

he got slammed on his ass over and over, was held down all night long and pinned against the fence like a Hollywood prop unable to do a single thing to advance his agenda

he only escaped the Armenian one time and it was for a big rally...yet Latifi stalled and coasted relying on his borring out point strategy

... jokes on him cause Houston judges can't count

Lewis would have koed him if he fought smart...his power was evident

I'll give him credit for that

but winning the first minute and the last minute is a Fool's way to win a fight but apparently there's a lot of fools out there.... you go bro

*nobody noticed because jones got beat on the same night

giphy.gif
1185143741.jpg.0.jpg

Last edited:
Lewis rightfully won

Fook Latfi and his stalling tactics

Eh, that was a defensible decision. I could see it both ways. Latifi controlled large portions of the match, but did absolutely no damage and rarely struck lewis at all. Lewis slammed latifi with crazy punches, head kicks, and knees. I remember thinking that latifi probably should have won, but I wasn't mad about it. Even if you have a granite chin, that doesn't mean powerful blows shouldn't matter.

the Armenian tank

WT, Latifi is of Albanian descent.

That being said, Lewis winning the third round based only on his late, and not really effective, aggression is indeed disputable. But the fight was in Texas, where the commission is known for its blatant favoritism.

The general public is pretty ignorant but we've always known this

especially in the lucrative american market the average fan doesn't know much about technical grappling skills but they can appreciate the most basal instincts

The scenario of an athlete throwing a big strike while another athlete loses control over their body and falls to the canvas is the kind of winning any body can understand

Not only was Derek Lewis the hometown boy he also entertained the crowd with his unique style

Derek Lewis is the kind of guy that goes out there looking for the neutron bomb and that's why hes a big draw

he got beat at UFC 247 but nobody seems to notice because he was the more entertaining fighter and "wowed" the crowed with ridiculous Antics like jumping knees without any setup whatsoeve

He whiffed 95% of his strikes and the tiny few that landed bounced off the Armenian tank

he got slammed on his ass over and over, was held down all night long and pinned against the fence like a Hollywood prop unable to do a single thing to advance his agenda

he only escaped the Armenian one time and it was for a big rally...yet Latifi stalled and coasted relying on his borring out point strategy

... jokes on him cause Houston judges can't count

Lewis would have koed him if he fought smart...his power was evident

I'll give him credit for that

but winning the first minute and the last minute is a Fool's way to win a fight but apparently there's a lot of fools out there.... you go bro

*nobody noticed because jones got beat on the same night
I thought he won. Latifi took him down a few times and did shit. He was backing up the whole time as well. At least Lewis tried to fight

LOL, it was actually a good decision. TS is a bit confused on how the fight went, watch again, Lewis did enough to win.

Salty?

i agree with the judges giving Lewis the win but don't threw salt. Bad judging will be always bad.

Get yourself a box of Pepeye's chicken, TS. You're not yourself when you're hungry.

0429-openshut-popeyes-mv-02.jpg

Pretty sure your grappling hipster point of view is contrary to the scoring criteria of MMA. Strikes is what the rounds are judged by first with grappling second. Latifi did nothing with any of his TDs. Control with no striking no sub attempts is of little consequence unless you nullify all strikes from the opponent.

Latifi has no fans so nobody cares

Even people who don't like Derrick Lewis probably can't be bothered to get behind Latifi

It is what it is. Part of the game. Don't leave it in the judges hands. He was the better man that night. Go back to the drawing board and come back stronger

Nah, I watched that live and I'm glad Lewis won. He was never in danger, Latifi did nothing on the ground and it looked like every strike Lewis landed was pushing him around and ringing his bell

The judges that night seemed to be favoring the take downs in every fight I saw. I happened to miss the Lewis one though.

Andrea Lee lost the fight I thought she easily won because he got taken down.

The ufc and refs loves grappling and takedowns.

they gave the fight to Jon because he landed one take down.

never has a ufc fighter inspired me to write more than a couple of sentences and maybe a loosely related gif. hats off to OP for grinding out an essay.
<Gordonhat>

Back