Derrick lewis got BEAT yet nobody noticed @stupid fans? Why the UFC hates GRAPPLING ufc 247

I aint reading all that shit but you can't score for shit if you think Latifi won that fight. He had less than two minutes of control in round 3, a single takedown, 0 strikes on the ground, 0 dominant positions, 0 sub attempts and got out struck 11-1 eating some nasty ass punches and body kicks including a vicious uppercut.

I had money on Latifi by decision and he did exactly what I thought he would, if it wasn’t in Texas he would’ve won, by the rules we have he definitely won, the little bit of damage Lewis did at the end of the 3rd doesn’t win a 15 minute fight

a minute and a half of lay n pray doesn't win a round where you got out struck 11-1 and only got a single takedown.

he got zero takedowns in round 1 and got out struck

easy 29-28.

How can you get so worked up for a shit fight?

problem is Lewis did ZERO damage...if he HAD landed latifi would still be asleep
Lewis absolutely did more damage than Latifi in round 3. Absolutely. It was not an easy fight to score. If Latifi did anything whatsoever to attempt to inflict damage in the third round, he likely would’ve swept the cards. Instead, he did nothing and got swept himself

This ain't the United Cuddling Championship. You want him to get points for hugging with zero damage? GTFO here with that, not only is a a loser but a boring loser, should be cut.

The general public is pretty ignorant but we've always known this

especially in the lucrative american market the average fan doesn't know much about technical grappling skills but they can appreciate the most basal instincts

The scenario of an athlete throwing a big strike while another athlete loses control over their body and falls to the canvas is the kind of winning any body can understand

Not only was Derek Lewis the hometown boy he also entertained the crowd with his unique style

Derek Lewis is the kind of guy that goes out there looking for the neutron bomb and that's why hes a big draw

he got beat at UFC 247 but nobody seems to notice because he was the more entertaining fighter and "wowed" the crowed with ridiculous Antics like jumping knees without any setup whatsoeve

He whiffed 95% of his strikes and the tiny few that landed bounced off the Armenian tank

he got slammed on his ass over and over, was held down all night long and pinned against the fence like a Hollywood prop unable to do a single thing to advance his agenda

he only escaped the Armenian one time and it was for a big rally...yet Latifi stalled and coasted relying on his borring out point strategy

... jokes on him cause Houston judges can't count

Lewis would have koed him if he fought smart...his power was evident

I'll give him credit for that

but winning the first minute and the last minute is a Fool's way to win a fight but apparently there's a lot of fools out there.... you go bro

*nobody noticed because jones got beat on the same night
I know my Sherdog credentials don't mean shit because I could be just some fat dude with his dick hanging out, but for what it's worth I am a lifelong wrestler and 3 year bjj practicioner. Latifi did not win that fight. I also have not heard from anybody until now who thought he won that fight. It was not close. Latifi did nothing but spam underhooks, hug him against the fence, and when he did get him down he completely stalled in half guard, not looking to pass, submit, or create damage. What he did was the definition of defensive grappling. Lewis did all of the damage in that fight and in the end that's all that matters.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Latifi get cut after that absolute atrocity. Worst fight on the card hands down.

Lewis absolutely did more damage than Latifi in round 3. Absolutely. It was not an easy fight to score. If Latifi did anything whatsoever to attempt to inflict damage in the third round, he likely would’ve swept the cards. Instead, he did nothing and got swept himself

Seriously, it blows my mind people are talking about Latifi winning this. He is credited with one strike in r3 in the stats, only had top position less than two minutes, and didn't do a god damn thing with it.

if we're going to reward LNP it needs to at least be the majority of the round.

It was a close fight. Latifi didnt exactly help his case with how passive he was once he took Lewis down.

In all honesty Derrick is just not very good. Hes one of the least skilled, least athletic top ranked HWs to grace the UFC in the last 20 years, just a big throwback brawler pretty much. To his credit hes managed to do quite a lot with his limited ability though, whether through contentious decisions, come from behind hail mary punches or whatever the fuck that Ngannou fight was.

It was a close fight. Latifi didnt exactly help his case with how passive he was once he took Lewis down.

In all honesty Derrick is just not very good. Hes one of the least skilled, least athletic top ranked HWs to grace the UFC in the last 20 years, just a big throwback brawler pretty much. To his credit hes managed to do quite a lot with his limited ability though, whether through contentious decisions, come from behind hail mary punches or whatever the fuck that Ngannou fight was.

top 10 is full of fat & old grapplers

lewis is chap material

I agree, most of the striking in mma is dogshit, I’d rather watch them do it all mostly, but am tending to enjoy the grappling more than shitty stand up lately

Latifi took him down and held on. Once Lewis got up, he start swinging and landing. Striking and landing on someone > holding someone down and not doing any damage or advancing position.

I'm personally thrilled that judges don't reward lay and pray anymore. That was a hard period in our history.

Seriously, it blows my mind people are talking about Latifi winning this. He is credited with one strike in r3 in the stats, only had top position less than two minutes, and didn't do a god damn thing with it.

if we're going to reward LNP it needs to at least be the majority of the round.

if you don't want to reward "LNP" OR "wall and stall"

Why would you want to reward a One-Shot WIFF machine

Lewis just hauled in for one big gigantic strike and Missed 99% of them

the 1% that landed didn't do a damn thing as they were Reaching, tippy and arm punchy

Lewis was soundly beat by an unpopular athlete using an unpopular strategy

This isn't supposed to be a popularity contest but it was that night

Sorry TS, I disagree. Lewis won the fighting. The only winning Latifi did in that fight was basically stalling with grappling tactics that didn't threaten with either submissions or GnP. You shouldn't win a fight when you were getting your ass beat when you weren't able to effectively stall the fight.

Sorry TS, I disagree. Lewis won the fighting. The only winning Latifi did in that fight was basically stalling with grappling tactics that didn't threaten with either submissions or GnP. You shouldn't win a fight when you were getting your ass beat when you weren't able to effectively stall the fight.

got ya..

missing strikes is more impressive than grappling DOMINATION

*your the kind of fan the ufc is looking for!

there was absolutely nothing ‘sound’ about that fight. Nobody soundly beat anybody

lewis would have won easily if he fought smart

instead he tried to do his JJ impression and got beat

lewis won the 1st and last min /...THATS IT

Latifi took him down and held on. Once Lewis got up, he start swinging and landing. Striking and landing on someone > holding someone down and not doing any damage or advancing position.

I'm personally thrilled that judges don't reward lay and pray anymore. That was a hard period in our history.

yeah they reward throwing licks man, aint nobody wanna see all that huggin

*stupid fans happy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back