Demian Maia submits Gabriel Gonzaga

PlayTheGame

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know it's old, but just watched it for the first time.
Maia is an ace.

[YT]ed3nT13QFEM[/YT]

Triangle coming around 4:05.

On the side note, I wish more of the top BJJ guys from UFC to participate in Metamoris to showcase their skills. It would be cool to see Maia vs Jacare rematch, for example.

I'ver never seen this, pretty good

Maia vs Jacare rematch

What happened in the first one? Jacare on points?

Rory was in Metamoris and didn't do TOO bad, but it was rather clear that he couldn't hang.

I'd like to see Rockhold and Weidman at Metamoris, not vs. each other though. Also be curious about Condit's guard work, seeing as how he successfully kept Shields at bay early in his career. Palhares too, though VERY cautiously.

Maia is an ace.

[YT]ed3nT13QFEM[/YT]

On the side note, I wish more of the top BJJ guys from UFC to participate in Metamoris to showcase their skills. It would be cool to see Maia vs Jacare rematch, for example.

I totally agree.so many interesting BJJ matchups.

Maia & Jacare have competed three times in jiujitsu, they are currently 2-1 Jacare.

Maia is an ace.

[YT]ed3nT13QFEM[/YT]

Cool thanks for posting this. I'm surprised Gonzaga couldn't pick him up and slam him Rampage-on-Arona style. Is that not allowed? Also, damn Maia is slick on the ground.

Maia & Jacare have competed three times in jiujitsu, they are currently 2-1 Jacare.

Ok, cool.

Little bit of research I can find two very close matches, Jacare won first on a penalty and Maia won next on an advantage. Can't find anything about the third match?

Somewhat unrelated, Jacare also trounced Werdum 10-0 on points, I'll have to find a video of that too.

Last edited:
Ok, cool.

Little bit of research I can find two very close matches, Jacare won first on a penalty and Maia won a year later on an advantage. Can't find anything about the third match?

Somewhat unrelated, Jacare also trounced Werdum 10-0 on points, I'll have to find a video of that too.

[YT]J35LWdtBCX4[/YT]

Heres the one vs Werdum.

He fuckin ragdolls him.

What happened in the first one? Jacare on points?

Rory was in Metamoris and didn't do TOO bad, but it was rather clear that he couldn't hang.

I'd like to see Rockhold and Weidman at Metamoris, not vs. each other though. Also be curious about Condit's guard work, seeing as how he successfully kept Shields at bay early in his career. Palhares too, though VERY cautiously.

I was actually impressed by Rory's performance. Some MMA guys that come over to Metamoris fight very defensively to not get submitted... Not to win.

Rory went for it in his match and took chances.

Of course I don't expect UFC fighters to come over and dominate in JJ matches (unless they were highly decorated and came from a JJ base). But many top guys can fight to not get submitted during the match and end up in a draw.

Since we are posting grappling videos.... Anyone seen Palhares vs Galvao? I love Toquino but Galvao countered that heelhook LIKE A BOSS.....(starts at 3:20)

I was actually impressed by Rory's performance. Some MMA guys that come over to Metamoris fight very defensively to not get submitted... Not to win.

Rory went for it in his match and took chances.

I was very impressed as well. Went for a couple of heel hooks and sweeps, got out of a very deep armbar iirc. Not taking anything away from him, but he was spirited in 'defeat'.

Can't find anything about the third match?

If you find anything, let me know. All I know is Jacare won.

It's one of the great mysteries of the MMA-related universe, like where to find Fedor's entrance song from Pride 32, or Caol Uno's Smells Like Teen Spirit remix entrance song.

Maia is an ace.

[YT]ed3nT13QFEM[/YT]

they've already grappled three times

Demian is way better with a gi. His instructional videos are great.

Back