Demian Maia submits Gabriel Gonzaga

ITT some who know nothing but sprout shit like they do and some who actually know something.

Maia wins mostly by sub or decision and has is one of the most smooth BJJ practitioners in UFC history. To say he doesn't win by sub is hilarious.

Another video you guys might find interesting... he isn't submitting anyone in it but Mir will tell you the story

That's awesome, I hadn't seen it before. Frank is such a good storyteller. I really miss him doing fight commentary and still think he's the best at it. Hopefully that will be something he considers once he retires from fighting.

He used this same set up (baiting his opponent into passing his guard) to triangle Ed Herman. It's a beautiful set up.

I always liked him and am definitely a fan
Of his that cardio though

Oh ok, thanks for the info. Could he get Maia airborne at least and let gravity help undo the hold? Then they're be the risk of slamming and getting dq'd, but it might be worth it to escape the submission.

You can pick them up and shake them off, but as you said you have to be careful not to get DQ'd.

Maia is awesome. Seems to be a true gentleman outside the cage and his BJJ is magnificent.

According to Demian himself (as I asked him today after reading this topic) he only fought Jacare twice in Grapplimg (as I remembered) not three times.
One at te 2005 ADCC final (lost), and one at te BJJ world cup final (Won).
So the info about three fights between them is not correct. At least according to Demian : )

According to Demian himself (as I asked him today after reading this topic) he only fought Jacare twice in Grapplimg (as I remembered) not three times.
So the info about three fights between them is not correct. At least according to Demian : )

The plot thickens :)

That would explain why there is no 3rd video

GG aka Man Bear pig is no joke on the ground either.

Jacare and Maia have fought multiple times with Jacare winning most of them by submission.

Wrong.

Odd title for someone who rarely ever wins by submission.

Almost half his wins are by submission but since he became K1 Maia, he had been involved in a lot of decisions. I think he'll be back to focusing on ground game now.

Maia is a god damn beast.

Yet he's in the running for most submissions in the UFC. Weird right?

People tend to forget just how many fights Maia have in the UFC. 21 fights in the UFC is a LOT. 7 submissions against the opponents he's faced is certainly not a bad feat.

You just shattered petey's world.

Maia is a beast.

[YT]mwjvf0MQmLQ[/YT]

Back