Demian Maia submits Gabriel Gonzaga

If you find anything, let me know. All I know is Jacare won.

It's one of the great mysteries of the MMA-related universe, like where to find Fedor's entrance song from Pride 32, or Caol Uno's Smells Like Teen Spirit remix entrance song.

Man you weren't kidding. I tried finding anything about their third match and I can't find shit!

I did however learn the Jacare defeated Roger Gracie even thought Roger broke Jacare's arm with an armbar during the match. That shits insane!

Man you weren't kidding. I tried finding anything about their third match and I can't find shit!

Poof! Gone.

poof_usual_suspects.gif

I did however learn the Jacare defeated Roger Gracie even thought Roger broke Jacare's arm with an armbar during the match. That shits insane!

Nothing against Jacare, but it was also kind of bullshit, if you see the match. Roger breaks Jacare's arm in an armbar, Jacare drags them 'out of bounds', so he gets to be restarted. Then he just runs until the time runs out, with one arm. And since he was up on points, he 'wins'. That's not really jiujitsu to me. Roger broke his fuckin arm. That's jiujitsu (imo)

Nothing against Jacare, but it was also kind of bullshit, if you see the match. Roger breaks Jacare's arm in an armbar, Jacare drags them 'out of bounds', so he gets to be restarted. Then he just runs until the time runs out, with one arm. And since he was up on points, he 'wins'. That's not really jiujitsu to me. Roger broke his fuckin arm. That's jiujitsu (imo)

Yeah, I agree with that. I don't think anybody would've argued had the ref called it off after the break. So in my mind, Roger has 2 sub victories over Jacare.

And it is now my mission to find information on that third Jacare-Maia match. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight until I find something.

Another video you guys might find interesting... he isn't submitting anyone in it but Mir will tell you the story

I know it's old, but just watched it for the first time.
Maia is an ace.

[YT]ed3nT13QFEM[/YT]

Triangle coming around 4:05.

On the side note, I wish more of the top BJJ guys from UFC to participate in Metamoris to showcase their skills. It would be cool to see Maia vs Jacare rematch, for example.

Jacare and Maia have fought multiple times with Jacare winning most of them by submission.

Jacare's judo is insane.. he could easily win olympic medal at it

On the side note, I wish more of the top BJJ guys from UFC to participate in Metamoris to showcase their skills.

I guess Schaub's dominant performance completely shutting his opponent down was not enough for you, huh?

On a side note, thanks for posting. Maia's skill is just incredible.

Cool thanks for posting this. I'm surprised Gonzaga couldn't pick him up and slam him Rampage-on-Arona style. Is that not allowed? Also, damn Maia is slick on the ground.

Slamming is not allowed in bjj comp for most orgs.

The fact big'ns can't slam little fellas makes it silly. Gonzaga by powerbomb IRL.

Slamming is not allowed in bjj comp for most orgs.
Oh ok, thanks for the info. Could he get Maia airborne at least and let gravity help undo the hold? Then they're be the risk of slamming and getting dq'd, but it might be worth it to escape the submission.

Another video you guys might find interesting... he isn't submitting anyone in it but Mir will tell you the story

I came to post this as well.... the way Mir describes rolling with Maia is hilarious. Worth a watch for those who have not seen...worth a rewatch for those who have.

Considering Mir's BJJ background and size makes the feat even more impressive

Since we are posting grappling videos.... Anyone seen Palhares vs Galvao? I love Toquino but Galvao countered that heelhook LIKE A BOSS.....(starts at 3:20)

Lol, was Palhares pulling some small joint manipulation? The fucks wrong with him? He's always playing dirty.

I came to post this as well.... the way Mir describes rolling with Maia is hilarious. Worth a watch for those who have not seen...worth a rewatch for those who have.

Considering Mir's BJJ background and size makes the feat even more impressive

Starts at 3:17
Damn... never seen this before.. and it's MIR saying it!

Back