Deiveson Figueiredo, Management Seek Immediate Trilogy with Brandon Moreno

na I'll pass, Figgy got destroyed and never defended the belt, I don't count a draw as defending

This reminds me of machida- shogun ( except Deiveson prolly edged Moreno out in 1st..... arguably). Figgy needs to run through someone first then with the division being as thin as it is, NP.

Outside 35, 45, 55, this will continue to be problematic in their other classes.

Last edited:
I don’t get how he’s the smaller fighter but has troubles cutting weight who’s his nutritionist

Moreno was bigger in there and had way more energy

The dude is super lean I think he goes up 10 lbs could really help him when ur that lean it’s harder to cut weight then let’s say someone with more fat percentage because ur cutting muscle too when ur that lean

He needs new dietician or move up he can’t just do the same shit he was doing he made weight with 40 seconds and cried after NOT a good sign I could tell he was gonna lose first minute of fight just by how he looked moving around

All about marketability. Figgy is one marketable mofo.
That marketability goes out the window when he misses weight for a title fight (again), or — worse — doesn’t compete because he gets hospitalized after a bad weight cut. John Lineker could have been marketable too, but isn’t even in the UFC anymore because he kept missing weight. That’s Figueredo’s future too unless he moves up to 135.

na I'll pass, Figgy got destroyed and never defended the belt, I don't count a draw as defending
He defended against Alex Perez, prior to the first Moreno fight.

No, let them both fight at least one other opponent first.

1081.gif

Oh God here we go again. Another champ loses, another champ wants an instant rematch.

He got a rematch cause the first fight was a draw, Fig doesn’t deserve it after getting completely dominated.
How that wasn't obvious, I'll never know.
<{vega}>

That marketability goes out the window when he misses weight for a title fight (again), or — worse — doesn’t compete because he gets hospitalized after a bad weight cut. John Lineker could have been marketable too, but isn’t even in the UFC anymore because he kept missing weight. That’s Figueredo’s future too unless he moves up to 135.

He defended against Alex Perez, prior to the first Moreno fight.
wow I forgot about that fight haha sick finish though

Well, first fight was ruled a draw, but fig won it. That point deduction cost him a round, and still he should have won it. Despite this, and most important, fig was way faster than he was this Last fight. He clearly had a bad cut for 2nd fight and it hurt him too much, while moreno was on point.
So, if they wanna book a rematch, Im fine, but as long as fig can cut weight properly this time
All that said, maybe fig could move up and bulk instead of having to cut that much

He got a rematch cause the first fight was a draw, Fig doesn’t deserve it after getting completely dominated.
A draw means the champ successfully defended his belt.

That too, Fig should have won. It was a very circumstantial draw.

Low IQ move by askarovs management (and ufc) to book him against perez. If figgy beats Moreno then they're tied 1-1 so we go nowhere. If perez beats askarov you kill askarov off and give perez another title shot even though he just got finished. Does nothing to move the division forward.

Back