Deep squats

I'm so confused... When I do full squats, I feel it in my quads, when I do power squat's it's all my hips and hamstring... So what gives? in any event, I don't place a lot of emphasis on full squats much any more, if I am interested in the kind of stability they build I'll do deep overhead squats or deep pistols.

And judoka, if you don't think that elite powerlifters squat as often as olympic lifters, your cognitive abilities are as bad as your punctuation and grammar. Squatting is not an olympic event, but it IS a powerlifting lift. Biggest squat record? its a powerlifter.

I'd like to illustrate my ignorance here for a second and ask, are there any oly lifters who squat 1000?

wow relax with this grammer, your making it sound like my punctuation is the worst in the world

im not trying to compare the 2 im just saying that oly lifters squat every lifting session, even from a young age, also if they are pros they will lift multiple times a day so its not ignorant at all to say that oly lifters squat more then power lfiters its just that they need to because thats the main muscle for the lifts

and yea many super heavy weights have squatted 1000 pounds. not all but there have been

Urban said:
I'm so confused... When I do full squats, I feel it in my quads, when I do power squat's it's all my hips and hamstring... So what gives? in any event, I don't place a lot of emphasis on full squats much any more, if I am interested in the kind of stability they build I'll do deep overhead squats or deep pistols.

Not sure exactly, but I know full squats definitely involve the glutes and hamstring because of GM/DL movement required to come back up on a full squat.

Ted-P said:
Not sure exactly, but I know full squats definitely involve the glutes and hamstring because of GM/DL movement required to come back up on a full squat.

They have a huge effect on Glutes. Every person i have seen full squat ussually has an ass the size of a pumpkin

You suckaz can peddle your half-assed generalizations all you want. Dave Tate for the win:

I found out he was squatting with a twelve inch stance, doing rock bottom squats. Now, that's a great quad exercise, but as far as a mass building exercise, it's not going to be as good as a wide box squat.

T-Nation: Why is that exactly?

Tate: It's fairly simply. Let's say the guy can handle 225. But that 225 pound load on his body isn't going to develop the same mass as what a 315 load would. Here's a guy who's been trying to bring his squat up for some time and it hasn't gone up.

So the first thing to do is widen his stance out, put him up on a high box, and teach him how to sit back onto his glutes and his hamstrings. So more of the focus is going to be shifted to the bigger body parts as opposed to what he was doing before, which was just hitting his quads and lower back.

Now, let's say after six to eight weeks, the guy is doing sets of five with 315 on the box squat. His bodyweight and mass will go up because now he's supporting heavier loads on his body. And, if he were to move his stance back in, he'd shatter the record he had before because his overall strength is now up!

Full article here: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=880036

The wide stance puts on a lot stress on hips and hamstrings I think because not only can you push more weight, but you also only have to travel half the distance to get a full stretch.

With powersquatting, I can barely go below parallel and that's my max.

Ted-P said:
The wide stance puts on a lot stress on hips and hamstrings I think because not only can you push more weight, but you also only have to travel half the distance to get a full stretch.

With powersquatting, I can barely go below parallel and that's my max.

what are powersquats exactly? i have heard of them but never seen one.

Judoka_ said:
what are powersquats exactly? i have heard of them but never seen one.
Spread them legs out and squat.

Judoka_ said:
so thats pretty much a powerlifitng squat right?

Yea just don't go overboard with spreading it out too far and trying to go down too low.

Ripping groin muscles don't seem like fun.

Ted-P said:
Yea just don't go overboard with spreading it out too far and trying to go down too low.

Ripping groin muscles don't seem like fun.

I dont ussually do them, but i do hit higher numbers this way then i do with my normal way of squatting

Judoka, what brand of douche do you use to clear the sand from your pussy, usually?

CarnalSalvation said:
Judoka, what brand of douche do you use to clear the sand from your pussy, usually?

why are you angry

I think because you're being absolutely, dead-on fucking retarded in two threads at once.

im not doing anything im talking about what powersquats are

So you really think Oly superheavyweights, you basicly never squat maximally, accidently squat as much as the best powerlifters do on purpose? I don't think so mang.

Some guys like Serge Redding have been insanely strong, but not 1000lb squatters.

CarnalSalvation said:
So you really think Oly superheavyweights, you basicly never squat maximally, accidently squat as much as the best powerlifters do on purpose? I don't think so mang.

Some guys like Serge Redding have been insanely strong, but not 1000lb squatters.

Oh for sure serge redding is a strong man, and also not a 1000lb squatter. But you can ussually see many super heavy weights cassually squatting 800 with ease and also it is not Suited at all ( except a response suit which doesnt help much)

its how they are taught to do it though. If the movment is slow ussually they do not count it. if pirros dimas can front squat 290 kilos im pretty sure reza can back squat 1000. and if not olympic style im sure he could powersquat it

like i have back squatted 130 kilos olympic style but my 1 rep max is acctaully 120 kilos because it was way to slow.

But oly lifters wont have there back squat records posted for the world because htere events just consist of the 2 lifts.

Oh, I wasn't saying that an awesomely strong SHW like Rez COULDN'T, just that I don't think they have.

You mentioned the "casual" 800lb squats, and that's what you see, some "light" squatting after they work heavy on the basics and/or pulls. A big back squat isn't a priority.

As I was telling Urban, Oly lifters focus on whats weak. Front squatting 500lbs isn't gonna help you much if you can't jerk 400.

Yea but the back squat is priority for the snatch and overall improvment in core, and this will help your front squat. so when its done explosivley it will help the drive of your legs ( which is why we disregard slow squatting , as it does nothing for us)

and with a powerfull front squat the jerk shall arrive. im a power jerker and i do heavy front quater jerks for quick drive

its acctaully helped alot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back