Deep squats

Judoka_ said:
im only getting mad because the discussion of paralell and 1/4 squats and full squats is getting out of hand.

I can assure you that my BFF Rickdog was not advocating 1/4 squats, but simply pointing out the negligent strength gains that can be achieved by increasing your squat depth to the mythical "ass to the grass" depth.

there is no olympic record that i am aware of but huge numbers float around alot

like pirro dimas who is just above 80kilos did a front squat of 290 kilos, and it was no struggle neither. it makes sense though because olympic lifters just squat all the time.

there are many oly lifters who cannot even bench a bar but then again that stereo type has been crushed because many have deployed it in there training and even that has hit some decent numbers

I was just referring to the fact that the best squat by a powerlifter>than the biggest oly back squat.

I'm not claiming that one style is better than the other (only because I respect Alon).

Seriously though, take it easy for a while. Lay low and before you know it we'll be used to your lack of punctuation and incoherent babbling.

WERD.

Barut said:
I was just referring to the fact that the best squat by a powerlifter>than the biggest oly back squat.

I'm not claiming that one style is better than the other (only because I respect Alon).

Seriously though, take it easy for a while. Lay low and before you know it we'll be used to your lack of punctuation and incoherent babbling.

WERD.

haha awww muffin, did my punctiation hurt your feelings?

Respect alon all you want you made your decision on styles already

Barut said:
I can assure you that my BFF Rickdog was not advocating 1/4 squats, but simply pointing out the negligent strength gains that can be achieved by increasing your squat depth to the mythical "ass to the grass" depth.
Hardly negligent.

Ass to the grass is the best way to increase glute stimulation

Barut said:
Hardly negligent.

Judoka_ said:
the point to squat deep is to get used to the movment not exactly to strengthen the muscle although that is a sideeffect.

i want to see you paralell sqquat 300 pounds then try and snatch 160 full snatch

tell me if you can get out of the rock bottom position.

its necessity to go ass to grass and not paralell because you want to get your body used to the rock bottom position so you dont get stuck or pinned at the bottm when going on classical lifts.

any one who thinks that paralell will do these lifts justice is a tard. also ass to grass is alot more beneficial as it works all the msucdles around the knee and utlises the quad alot more and gets more explosion
Hence the reason I do deep front squats. Get it, so i wont bottom out on "classic style" lifts.

Judoka_ said:
1/4 squats are bullshit and should only be used for the jerk

the reason you go ass to grass and do it olympic style is to get all the muscles around the knee and the quad to be explosive and well built as well as your CORE

the front squat is for your full clean assitance and CORE your olympic back squat is also for your CORE

quater squats are gay and you should not use them.

if your a bodybuilder your probably a homo anyways so try not to listen to bodybuilders when its a forum about STRENGTH and POWER whats the point when all they do is train for cosmetical purposes
If you were trying to be sneaky and assimilate that by me doing parallel sqauats it is the equivalent to 1/4 squats, that is B.S in istelf. All the way down is not the only way to do squats so get over it.

Barut said:
Thank you Barut, finally someone that can read and understand a post. Wow, what's the deal with all the assuming on this board?

Ted P, Thanks for pulling out that post by Rkjd, that is indeed the one I was refering to.

Ted-P said:
Hardly negligent.

This is debatable, do to the largely decreased weight that would be used when going that deep. Going parallel allows you to use signifigantly more weight causing your glutes to be stimulated.

I am tired of talking about glute stimulation. I do front squats all the way down and back squats parallel and it is working great for me. I wrestle and I have definatly felt the carry over, you can pull out all your reasoning but it won't matter to me anyway, what I am doing is working for me, therefore, it will remain. YOu can not prove anything beyond your own pure speculation, and until you can than it really isn't going to convince me. Thanks anyway.

rickdog said:
This is debatable, do to the largely decreased weight that would be used when going that deep. Going parallel allows you to use signifigantly more weight causing your glutes to be stimulated.

I am tired of talking about glute stimulation. I do front squats all the way down and back squats parallel and it is working great for me. I wrestle and I have definatly felt the carry over, you can pull out all your reasoning but it won't matter to me anyway, what I am doing is working for me, therefore, it will remain. YOu can not prove anything beyond your own pure speculation, and until you can than it really isn't going to convince me. Thanks anyway.

Do you only go to parallel with you bench-press as well?

rickdog said:

Haha

No need to get all defensive Rickdog.

No one is forcing you to do anything. All I did was correcting you on a post which you thought agreed with your thoughts while it really did not.

The reason you go ass to the grass is because it's an all in one package deal type of thing.

Squats of other degrees definitely have their purposes though.

I overhead squat very deep. I prefer to back squat to just below parallel because I can use more weight that way.

rickdog said:
If you were trying to be sneaky and assimilate that by me doing parallel sqauats it is the equivalent to 1/4 squats, that is B.S in istelf. All the way down is not the only way to do squats so get over it.

buddy i never said it was the only way i said it was the most beneficial, and even i do 1/4 squats for other sport specific reasons

now if you add snatches to your routine you will not go for paralell. back squat is king for snatches and for a full snatch you will squat all the way down.

also heavy 1/4 squats are bad for your knees. stop getting so god damned defensive

http://www.rbvhs.org/teachers/burgener/ALWAYSDOFULLSQUATS.htm

read that

Barut said:

WERD.

i dont get it. Do you mean to say that the powerlifters squats are always higher then the oly lifters?

and im sorry did my punctuation hurt your feelings? can you not understand? its not like your a fool, im pretty sure you can under stand what im saying.

Judoka_ said:
i dont get it. Do you mean to say that the powerlifters squats are always higher then the oly lifters?

and im sorry did my punctuation hurt your feelings? can you not understand? its not like your a fool, im pretty sure you can under stand what im saying.

Of course I'm not saying that pl'ers squats are always higher than oly lifters. That would be dumb. You're punctuation doesn't hurt my feelings; I don't have any.

Barut said:
Of course I'm not saying that pl'ers squats are always higher than oly lifters. That would be dumb. You're punctuation doesn't hurt my feelings; I don't have any.

Everybody has feelings.

Besides canadian highschool and my age can contribute to the fact that my punctiation sucks balls

Back