Deep squats

Now you're just being contrarian and stating the obvious.

For an elite level lifter, which in almost all cases means not a power jerker, it's not worthwhile to train already advanced portions of the chain. That was the point I was making chief.

CarnalSalvation said:
Now you're just being contrarian and stating the obvious.

For an elite level lifter, which in almost all cases means not a power jerker, it's not worthwhile to train already advanced portions of the chain. That was the point I was making chief.

YES!

I am a chief

yomon said:
you not deep enough unless you ass tuches your heels

For the record, I squat as deep as my calves/hamstrings will allow me. My ass doesn't touch my heels, and I bet yours doesn't either.

Judoka_ said:
buddy i never said it was the only way i said it was the most beneficial, and even i do 1/4 squats for other sport specific reasons

now if you add snatches to your routine you will not go for paralell. back squat is king for snatches and for a full snatch you will squat all the way down.

also heavy 1/4 squats are bad for your knees. stop getting so god damned defensive

http://www.rbvhs.org/teachers/burgener/ALWAYSDOFULLSQUATS.htm

read that
You sir, are retarted. By stating my point of view, i am now accused of being overly defensive. Just try not putting words in my mouth, then we will get along just fine.

HULKAMANIA said:
You suckaz can peddle your half-assed generalizations all you want. Dave Tate for the win:

Full article here: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=880036
Thanks Hulk, that's exactly what I was articulating in my earlier posts. Unfortunatly some guys on this board think they know alot more than they do or fail to understand logic, you can choose.

HULKAMANIA said:
I think because you're being absolutely, dead-on fucking retarded in two threads at once.
Bingo, plus you are new with little to no credibility. Spend some time making constructive posts and not arguing with everyone in sight and then maybe you will get the respect that you may deserve.

There's a difference between squatting parallel voluntarily and squatting parallel cause thats the deepest you can go.

who is that post aimed at Ted. Also, why were you saying I was defensive before. I was thanking you for posting RKJD12's earlier post.

rickdog said:
who is that post aimed at Ted. Also, why were you saying I was defensive before. I was thanking you for posting RKJD12's earlier post.
That post was aimed at anyone who squats in a stance that allows full range of motion, but don't and actually thinks it has the same effect as the full squat while the study clearly shows that's not true.

About the defensive thing here......

rickdog said:
This is debatable, do to the largely decreased weight that would be used when going that deep. Going parallel allows you to use signifigantly more weight causing your glutes to be stimulated.

I am tired of talking about glute stimulation. I do front squats all the way down and back squats parallel and it is working great for me. I wrestle and I have definatly felt the carry over, you can pull out all your reasoning but it won't matter to me anyway, what I am doing is working for me, therefore, it will remain. YOu can not prove anything beyond your own pure speculation, and until you can than it really isn't going to convince me. Thanks anyway.
You came on pretty strong actually when no one was forcing you to do anything.

God I hate having to correct myself every fucking time I post.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGGH!!!

HMMMMMM, I guess we will have to disagree on this, not like it even matters. If i tell you that what I am doing is working, that I am making gains and that I am not going to change, that to me sounds purely like a statement rather than coming across as defensive. Anyway, it's a moot point. People have arguments that support both sides, you believe what you want.

rickdog said:
You sir, are retarted. By stating my point of view, i am now accused of being overly defensive. Just try not putting words in my mouth, then we will get along just fine.
Im not putting anything in your mouth, beleive what you want its not like it matters to me.

Also i am not the only one who beleives you are defensive.

I am defensive aswell for no reason i dont know why. i argue for reasons unknown i can admit that. But if you cant then just shut up and stop arguing.

You guys all realize that Judoka_ is just trolling right?

I read this thread from front to back and he's just being a dipshit on purpose to piss people off.

About squats:

I defy anyone to take a wide stance powerlifting squat and get much below parallel without their knees caving in. It just won't work unless you are some kind of gumby freak. I power squat to just below parallel and I can already feel it really trying to pull my knees in to the center of my stance. I have never seen anyone go much below parallel without their knees caving in this stance.

Front squats are easy to get deep on so thats how you should do them. Drop until you can't go deeper.

People should be doing different variants of squats anyways. If you do some variants it doesn't matter.

Power squat with big weights to just below parallel. Front squat really deep with moderate weights to hit the quads. You can do it all you know. Nothing is keeping anyone from getting the benefits of all of the different squatting styles.

And get this: They are all beneficial.

Judoka_ fuck off and quit trolling this place. No one gives a shit so STFU.

Oly lifters fucking rock but to say they or their training is better than powerlifters is fucking ignorant. Just like saying powerlifters and their training is better than oly lifters.

Its all good and since very few of us, Carnal and Alon being known exceptions, train for a specific sport who gives a fuck. Do all of the variants.

Seriously dude, stfu and stop trolling this board.

wtf? i never said one was better moron read the thread then talk

TheNerdKing said:
You guys all realize that Judoka_ is just trolling right?

I read this thread from front to back and he's just being a dipshit on purpose to piss people off.

About squats:

I defy anyone to take a wide stance powerlifting squat and get much below parallel without their knees caving in. It just won't work unless you are some kind of gumby freak. I power squat to just below parallel and I can already feel it really trying to pull my knees in to the center of my stance. I have never seen anyone go much below parallel without their knees caving in this stance.

Front squats are easy to get deep on so thats how you should do them. Drop until you can't go deeper.

People should be doing different variants of squats anyways. If you do some variants it doesn't matter.

Power squat with big weights to just below parallel. Front squat really deep with moderate weights to hit the quads. You can do it all you know. Nothing is keeping anyone from getting the benefits of all of the different squatting styles.

And get this: They are all beneficial.

Judoka_ fuck off and quit trolling this place. No one gives a shit so STFU.

Oly lifters fucking rock but to say they or their training is better than powerlifters is fucking ignorant. Just like saying powerlifters and their training is better than oly lifters.

Its all good and since very few of us, Carnal and Alon being known exceptions, train for a specific sport who gives a fuck. Do all of the variants.

Seriously dude, stfu and stop trolling this board.
Well said NK, he is just a troll trying to start arguments and is horrible at understanding logic.

Judoka, as far as me quit posting, there are many people here who respect what I have to say and likewise there are many here who I respect. You kind of build a repore (sp) over time, something you have not even come close to doing. If you want to discuss and be reasonable, by all means you have a right to share your thought/ opinions. But for you to tell members who have been here for years to shut up or act like your 50 posts have lent you even the littlest bit of credibility, you are way off, especially considering the quality of them. Why don't you take a brake, realize there are people on here who Do know what they are talking about, try to learn and add your opinion/facts when needed.

Judoka_ said:
if your a bodybuilder your probably a homo anyways so try not to listen to bodybuilders when its a forum about STRENGTH and POWER whats the point when all they do is train for cosmetical purposes

training for mass and training for strength on a low level are practically the same thing. the difference only stands out when it comes to pro bodybuilders and pro powerlifters.. ronnie coleman got strong as fuck bodybuilding for big biceps and ripped butt cheeks.. phil baroni is strong as fuck as a former bodybuilder. all this body building hate is as stupid as 1 race hating another race when we are all the same species. yeah i hope you feel good about yourself now that you are better than body builders because you do exactly what they do with a less reps and emphasize different lifts.. its all relative! im not even a body builder and all these morons pretending they are enlightened when most serious body builders have heavier lifts than them due to being bigger PISSES ME OFF!

if bodybuilders do more reps theoretically they have more muscle endurance plus size. as opposed to being as strong as possible for 3-5 reps for a couple sets and not growing at the same rate. bodybuilders actually have the advantage in fighting.. what do you think kerr was doing? it wasn't powerlifting him that made him the way he was in his prime. when you see silva lift he is doing high reps. i bet you wouldnt have said that if you didnt read someone with influence on here say that judoka :icon_chee

im gonna get torn a new asshole

In powerlifting squating to parallel is a full squat, powerlifting is the only sport I'm aware of where squatting is a competition lift - therefore squating to paralel is a full squat. If you want to go lower than that because it aids your training than fine, alot of powerlifters squat off very low boxes (12">), but squating to parallel in competition is sufficient - and powerlifters have the strongest posterior chains in the world (see the 970lbs deadlift for reference).

and all these morons pretending they are enlightened when most serious body builders have heavier lifts than them due to being bigger PISSES ME OFF!

Opeth, I might just be speaking for myself but no one hates on pro bodybuilders. I respect the hell out of those guys. They're huge and strong.

What I do hate is little pencil neck weaklings that want to have abs and biceps like bodybuilders and figure that is what will make them strong.

Bodybuilding training is great, for bodybuilding. It is not the most efficient way to make ones self stronger. My strength is going up without increasing my mass training the way I am. Fighters generally dont want to get bulky because it inhibits ROM. Even at my size I have trouble getting a triangle choke sunk on someone because my legs are very thick for their length. If I was training BB style, they'd be another say 4 inches and there'd be no way for me to get in that position because I just am not lanky enough for it.

The other big arguement against bodybuilding is their reliance on machines which reduces the amount of stabalization and balance they are capable of. Free weight oly/power training gives a person immense amounts of core strength and the ability to handle big weights without the aid of guides or tracks.

If you don't think the difference between smith machine squats and free weigth squats is huge, why do so many powerlifters were squat suits and other implements? Its to help support that fucking weight because its very hard to control that much weight just standing there.

So recap:

I don't hate pro bodybuilders and I doubt anyone else hates them either.

I do hate shallow, gutless pansies who just want to look good for the bar and figure 20inch biceps + a 6 pack makes them superman.

I do not believe that the bodybuilding training style is as effective for developing athletic abilities.

Back