Dec.26th Naoya Inoue vs Marlon Tapales

Tapales kept trying to land his right hook early in the fight, which to his credit he did several times, but it never seemed to have the impact he was hoping for.
Tapales isn't much of a puncher. He has been stopping a lot more guys in recent years but his career finishing rate is only around 50%.

I need Naoya vs Nery for the body shot KO, but Naoya vs MJ would be such a chess match.

I think we have seen Tapales near his best this morning. He did better than I expected and probably better than others expected. Dude was definitely game.
But Naoya Inoue is just, someone really special. Now an undisputed champ in two divisions. Just extraordinary. What a fuckin fighter he is.

I don't know what it is about me, but every KO nowadays seems fishy to me, including this one. I think Tapales got the wink-wink locker room bonus for this fight. I saw Tapales get beat up in the latter rounds but the actual ending didn't look right. I saw Tyson Fury get clocked by Ngannou but I think he milked a knockdown. Sterling running into O'Malleys right hand is also suspicious to me.

<{chips}>

I don't know what it is about me, but every KO nowadays seems fishy to me, including this one. I think Tapales got the wink-wink locker room bonus for this fight. I saw Tapales get beat up in the latter rounds but the actual ending didn't look right. I saw Tyson Fury get clocked by Ngannou but I think he milked a knockdown. Sterling running into O'Malleys right hand is also suspicious to me.

<{chips}>
I hope you're kidding. There was really nothing suspicious about any of those events. Ngannou caught Fury with a counter left hook when he was out of position and off balance. It also isn't hard to drop Fury since he's been down 7 times in the pros. Even against feather-fisters like cruiserweight Cunningham.

Inoue drilled Tapales to the temple with a big right hand that he loaded up on. Did you see his face and forehead after the fight? It was all red and swollen. Those partially blocked shots were still breaking through his guard.

As for Sterling vs O'Malley, he walked into a stepback counter. The same shot O'Malley has been known to hurt guys with. It's literally his signature shot.

<{chips}>

<{cruzshake}>

<{chips}>

Should probably take the tinfoil hat off and lay off the booze.

<{chips}>
Do you have a history of mental illness? My friend thinks this way and is schizophrenic. He also loves conspiracy theories

Do you have a history of mental illness? My friend thinks this way and is schizophrenic. He also loves conspiracy theories
You’re not much of a friend if you cite your friends schizophrenia online to talk shit online. Word has it boxing is a business, try not to get to high and mighty talking about a business that has historically treated its audience like easy marks and is full of shady horseshit every event.

<{chips}>
I know right?? And why are all his fights in Japan too! hmmmmm lol

so joking

this is like Fulton accusing Monster of roids before the fight...ignorant

Japanese liked people on steroids in Pride. But they liked everybody on roids....theres a difference in Japan. They dont cheat to win

tapales came to fight, and he fought his ass off. his defense was on point, he was slipping punches, he was blocking them, he was working the jab... dude gave a good account of himself.

naoya is just a fucking monster. we say this after every one of his fights, he's just incredible.

the punishment he can dish out is just not sustainable for anyone around his weight. early on, when he hit tapales cleanly, marlon would just step right back to him. even after the first knockdown, he fought back and didn't look hurt at all. but eventually the damage accumulates, even when you're partially blocking shots... you could tell he was extremely uncomfortable for some time before the finish. inoue's shots were throwing his whole body around, even when he blocked the punches. he looked sturdy and solid in the beginning, and gradually crumbled.

i feel bad for tapales and i hope he can bounce back from this, he fights like a champion should.

but inoue gonna inoue. who's next? i've wanted him to kill nery for ages, but that's kinda lost its luster when figueroa finished him. i'll still take it, i guess. nery is a piece of shit and he likes a fire fight, so the monster knocks him dead sooner or later.

You’re not much of a friend if you cite your friends schizophrenia online to talk shit online. Word has it boxing is a business, try not to get to high and mighty talking about a business that has historically treated its audience like easy marks and is full of shady horseshit every event.
Idk you sound very sensitive. Not sure what you’re getting at either.

Last edited:
I gotta say I was stunned when they were struggling to lay the belts on his arms. He looked like the kamehameha statue getting leis from a crane

what a spectacle

1703668022116.jpeg

when he was walking around with them, damn
those belts as good as scalps as they say. that was a profound moment

Last edited:
i dont know why I bring it up other than its interesting

you know in japan theres a culture of streetfighting over there. I know a guy who couldve easily been on this show. Always looking to go

Reactions: Zer
i dont know why I bring it up other than its interesting

you know in japan theres a culture of streetfighting over there. I know a guy who couldve easily been on this show. Always looking to go

Every country has its trash. That's Japan's.

Back