Dec.26th Naoya Inoue vs Marlon Tapales

I haven't seen Tapales fight but if he's one of the top guys in the division then I'm glad Inoue's going right for him.

Reactions: HHJ
I haven't seen Tapales fight but if he's one of the top guys in the division then I'm glad Inoue's going right for him.

Tapales beat the best guy in the division in my opinion which was MJ, but if MJ had won i doubt we'd have the chance him vs Naoya due to the hatred between Arum and DAZN. So Tapales isn't the most ideal opponent for Naoya, but if it gets made quick then we can't complain.

Inoue will wash him. He isn't going to meet a serious challenge until the size and punch resistance factors at higher weights become a factor, I dare say he is the best fighter I've seen in these lower divisions (and that includes Pacquaio). He might not move up to 147lbs. like the Filipino fighter, but if the two of them faced off at 118-122lbs. Inoue would win imo.

Inoue will wash him. He isn't going to meet a serious challenge until the size and punch resistance factors at higher weights become a factor, I dare say he is the best fighter I've seen in these lower divisions (and that includes Pacquaio). He might not move up to 147lbs. like the Filipino fighter, but if the two of them faced off at 118-122lbs. Inoue would win imo.

I'd have Inoue vs prime Chocolatito at 50/50

its a shame Naoya never got to face Choco, Estrada, Rungvisai, etc. maybe his body grew too quickly and he couldnt do 115

Yeah there's definitely missed opportunities, and he even skipped a division so he could've been a 5-weight world champ by now. Here's hoping he unifies this year and moves on while he's still in his prime.

its a shame Naoya never got to face Choco, Estrada, Rungvisai, etc. maybe his body grew too quickly and he couldnt do 115

I think he KO's Rungvusai, just bad style match. You need defense and angles to beat Inoue, or the ability to back him up. Estrada could back him up and Chocolatito might out-box and out-throw him

Choco vs Naoya would have been art.

I slightly favor Chocolatito, because when he was in a rhythm he just looked superhuman. He had enough power to hurt anyone and just would not stop throwing and changing angles, while being defensively responsible. And even if you could hit him he was difficult to hurt .

I slightly favor Chocolatito, because when he was in a rhythm he just looked superhuman. He had enough power to hurt anyone and just would not stop throwing and changing angles, while being defensively responsible. And even if you could hit him he was difficult to hurt .

Oh for sure. I don't know how it would've gone but i know one thing for sure, and that's when Choco was at his peak he looked like he'd beat anyone throughout history.

Some of the best footwork and angle changes you'll ever see.

I'd have Inoue vs prime Chocolatito at 50/50

I think the rock paper scissors of boxing styles would come into play here and Inoue, the puncher, would take out Gonzales.
I wanted to see Estrada Vs him.

Still can’t get over the fact that the motherfkr slipped those 4.

I think the rock paper scissors of boxing styles would come into play here and Inoue, the puncher, would take out Gonzales.

Remember Chocolatito was no slouch when it came to punching:

Remember Chocolatito was no slouch when it came to punching:

Of course he is but he’s not the violent one punch ko artist Inoue is. He’d get caught I think.

Estrada on the other hand. Now that’d be a beautiful fight with a slight edge to E.

Rigondeaux in his prime / near prime would’ve beaten him though. Too sharp and heavy handed and Inoue would never land those step in lancing shots he likes to start his game with.

Of course he is but he’s not the violent one punch ko artist Inoue is. He’d get caught I think.

Estrada on the other hand. Now that’d be a beautiful fight with a slight edge to E.

Rigondeaux in his prime / near prime would’ve beaten him though. Too sharp and heavy handed and Inoue would never land those step in lancing shots he likes to start his game with.

See I think Estrada gets hit more in those tentative bouts than Chocolatito does

See I think Estrada gets hit more in those tentative bouts than Chocolatito does

I think it’s the kind of shots he’d get hit with that’s make the difference.

That would be the difference between Estrada and Gonzales Vs Inoue.

rigo was so overrated as a pro. his claim to fame was beating a non strategic donaire.

havent we all learned that inoue has an advantage over everyone with his speed, timing and distance.

i think inoue destroys estrada, to be honest. i'd still like to see it now, i know it's not his fault but i hold a grudge against estrada for the 2nd chocolatito fight. gonzalez looked thoroughly done vs rungvisai and then made a hollywood-esque comeback, including the rematch with estrada, and the fuckers robbed him.

i have to be one of the biggest fans of chocolatito, but i'm not sure he could handle naoya, even when he was still in his prime. i have a feeling he'd have real difficulties with the length and the power.

as for this fight, it would really be awesome if naoya makes it 2 unification fights back to back and becomes undisputed in his second fight in the division. this kid is not interested in easy fights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back