De la Hoya vs Cotto

Oscars KOs Cotto in the tenth. Oscar has the strength and KO to finish Cotto off. We all know Cotto gets hit... a lot. A LOT. And he gets rocked constantly.... its only a matter of time before someone puts his ass in the grass. DLH is the man to do it.

Oscars KOs Cotto in the tenth. Oscar has the strength and KO to finish Cotto off. We all know Cotto gets hit... a lot. A LOT. And he gets rocked constantly.... its only a matter of time before someone puts his ass in the grass. DLH is the man to do it.

He's there to get hit at times, but he's no Arturo Gatti. And rocked? Anyone who has "rocked" him has ended up stretched out on the canvas at some point in the fight.

I honestly dont know where this weak chin rumor came from in regards to Cotto. Its like one person said it on a forum and now people think its gospel.

He's there to get hit at times, but he's no Arturo Gatti. And rocked? Anyone who has "rocked" him has ended up stretched out on the canvas at some point in the fight.

I honestly dont know where this weak chin rumor came from in regards to Cotto. Its like one person said it on a forum and now people think its gospel.

Great point. Its not like Cotto has fought cans either. The guys who've rocked him are pretty damn good.

the beating Oscar would get would be legendary.

people seem to forget the last good opponent Oscar has a W against was way back w/ a certain someone named Fernando Vargas. Since then, he's lost to good talent and beaten mediocre fighters, not to mention a gift decision against Sturm who made DLH look like a bum.

at this stage of his career, he's nothing dangerous to the elite class. He's just a face and a name, who will lose again to PBF and then fight another guppie in his last fight. Sure, in his day, he'd probably beat Cotto but today, he's milking his name for all its worth.

but of course Cotto will be the underdog in pretty much every fight he goes into. The amount of praise he gets is about equal to the criticism.

Cotto, underdog in every fight he goes in to? LOL. Name me ONE fight that he wasn't favoured to win. Just one.

I'd HAVE to imagine Cotto opens as the favorite.

The better question here is if Oscar was a 2-1 dog, would we drop money on Oscar beating Miguel?

Oscar would be more than a 2-1 'dog vs. Cotto, especially if he stops Toni.

^ thats the fight I want to see.

its the kind of fight where the winner will take a beating.

We could be looking at the next great trilogy here.

Unless he wants to get KO'd for his last fight he shouldnt take this

Then again im a huge Cotto fan and really dont like Golden Boy so I really hope this happens in the future

Too bad Tony is going to break Cotto in July. We should be talking about Tony v Oscar cause Cotto is going to get beat down in July.

IF Tony wins, it's a Cinderella story in the making. Oscars former sparring partner vs. his old boss.... I'll watch whichever they give me either way.

IF Tony wins, it's a Cinderella story in the making. Oscars former sparring partner vs. his old boss.... I'll watch whichever they give me either way.

If Cotto does lose to Tony and loses to him convincingly. I doubt Oscar is going to fight Tony. Tony is a great fighter, but he's not putting assess in seats.

Toni isn't a great fighter, but he is pretty good.

Sometimes I a mlittle liberal using the descriptive great... But I like Tony a lot as a fighter.

Toni isn't a great fighter, but he is pretty good.

Ya, but if he keeps taking tough fights and winning those (he beat Paul Williams, which I already know you scored the same way) over the next few years he could change your mind on great. Technically, he is far from perfect, but his style really works well at 147. I'm not sure how well he'll translate at 154 (aside from the weak comp), Cotto will have a great transition, but he's a top 3 at WW.

Ya, but if he keeps taking tough fights and winning those (he beat Paul Williams, which I already know you scored the same way) over the next few years he could change your mind on great. Technically, he is far from perfect, but his style really works well at 147. I'm not sure how well he'll translate at 154 (aside from the weak comp), Cotto will have a great transition, but he's a top 3 at WW.
Hey, I'm a Margarito fan. I'm just calling it like I see it. Toni doesn't have the resume of a great fighter. Cotto has beaten better comp in the past year, than Toni ever has. Thats my real beef with the guy.

That and not being able to beat Daniel Santos in two attempts.

I dunno if Tony will ever be considered a great fighter, time (and his beard) will tell.

Being a special kind of fighter is another thing all together, and i think Tony falls right into that catagory.

. I also agree Tony is a single division guy. His size works for him at WW and not much else. Luckily for me, the guy is dead serious about his career and stays in immaculate shape.

Any word on Margarito / Cotto's location yet Bobby?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back