De la Hoya vs Cotto

Just curious, but why do some people not give De La Hoya his credit?

valid question...and my response would be 3 things.

1. age
2. he hasn't fought at 147 in a long time.
3. he really hasn't beat anyone of signifcance in awhile.

Oscar cannot make 147 without drastically draining himself and would be easy pickings for miguel at welter, this coming from one of Oscar's biggest fan.

The fight at this stage is just not realistic. Very high risk and no reward for Oscar because he would not win.

didnt OLDH say he was having trouble making 150 for the fight saturday night?

Oscar can't make 147 without removing an appendage. I said that almost a year ago, people were giving me shit then. He's legitimately going to be 15 pounds bigger than Stevie.

Also, I didn't read the previous pages in the thread, but I'm sure you're aware that Ms. Millie doesn't want him to fight any Puerto Rican.

Cotto has no reason to go up to 154 right now when he can still get some huge fights at 147. Fo'real.

With the sort of money Oscar brings, you betta believe Cotto would move to 154. If Hatton would, Cotto damn sure would, Anybody for that matter, it's a career high payday.

And especially as little Ms Mayweather is fighting anything but Cotto.

Oscar can't make 147 without removing an appendage. I said that almost a year ago, people were giving me shit then. He's legitimately going to be 15 pounds bigger than Stevie.

Also, I didn't read the previous pages in the thread, but I'm sure you're aware that Ms. Millie doesn't want him to fight any Puerto Rican.

Cotto has no reason to go up to 154 right now when he can still get some huge fights at 147. Fo'real.

Interesting. I thought Oscar doesn't gain much weight between fights.... you know, gotta stay slim for the Freddie Mercury body stocking.

I still can't see how know one can not believe De la hoya could give a competitive fight. He will lose, but he won't get blown out of the water.

Coz everyone on here seems to have the biggest man crush in the world over Cotto!

Or......... they just realise that at this stage of his career, Cotto is too much for Oscar.

Interesting. I thought Oscar doesn't gain much weight between fights.... you know, gotta stay slim for the Freddie Mercury body stocking.

Oscar couldn't get a cabana at Rehab (crazy pool party at Hard Rock on Sundays) last week, it was funny. He wanted one on the North Side for $10,000 and they were already sold for $20,000. My guy there said he uttered the words "Do you know who I am?" He responded by saying "Ya, I know who you are. I really just don't give a fuck though."

HAHAHA

If there is money to be had, Oscar will take the fight. He won't win, but I feel he would give a decent effort. Better effort than how some of you guys feel he is capable of at this stage of his career.

oscar will probably lose this fight,
maybe if he was 5 years younger, then the outcome might be different

cotto would try and out work DLH but im not confident with his suspect chin and DLH has one nasty ass left hook and they can drop cotto

cotto doesn't really have suspect chin imo

suspect defense , he has the propensity to get popped hard by big punchers

its improved, but i believe oscar could get a couple through, cotto has a hard time with left hands

He's there to get hit at times, but suspect chin is a stretch.

His chin is definitely better at 147. But when Oscar lands flush with his left hook, it wrecks a lot of people.

Back