De La Hoya has advice for Rory Macdonald

That's what happens when you have spent the better part of the last 3 years getting beat up..

In getting beat down for the last 3 years he has accomplished more than your entire blood line has in the past as well as future.

Dana looks and sounds different amazing what a few years can do. Where was Diego during this video stage wise who was he fighting?

video is from March 2007 so I guess he was 17-0 and training for Josh Koscheck at UFC 69

Also, Oscar shouldn't be telling people to finish strong. We all remember the Tito fight.

Pretty hard to jab the body without leaning forward..

Its pretty hard when you dont set it up dude. That applies to everything. Its hard to land a low kick, body shots, or takedowns if you dont get your opponent to lift up his arms and cover his face first.

video is from March 2007 so I guess he was 17-0 and training for Josh Koscheck at UFC 69

Man, that really was the turning point of his career (not in a good way). All Diego had to do was beat Josh and he could have had a shot at the belt. Instead, he lost to Josh and Fitch (which isn't overly bad), and never looked the same.

I hope he can get back to Diego "crazy, weird, yoga in a thunderstorm, mariachi, dirty" Sanchez.

really? ive never watched 1 boxing match in my life outside of movies and i can tell you who lewis, tyson, ali, hollyfield, frasier, de la hoya, roy jones junior, mayweather, pac and a shit ton of other guys are

on the flip side, most of my uncles and cousins are sports fans and none of them watch mma and the only people they can name are chuck and lesnar and gsp(im canadian)

WTF?

At least you're honest!

The sad thing of sherdog is, that a lot of guys who make threads like "JDS would fuck up any boxing HW" are guys like you, who clearly are not that educated in the boxing department ...

So will we see some Golden Boy sponsored MMA fighters soon?

I think Golden Boy is trying to get into MMA again in some capacity again. Hopkins has been talking about it too much (and he is a big partner in Golden Boy) and to be honest, I don't think he would give a shit about it, either way, unless it was going to potentially make him money.

I just had to look up who De La Hoya was.

Are you sheltered or something?

really? ive never watched 1 boxing match in my life outside of movies and i can tell you who lewis, tyson, ali, hollyfield, frasier, de la hoya, roy jones junior, mayweather, pac and a shit ton of other guys are

on the flip side, most of my uncles and cousins are sports fans and none of them watch mma and the only people they can name are chuck and lesnar and gsp(im canadian)

I bet he is one of those mma diehard fans who got mad that Oscar didn't know who B.J. is.

That's what happens when you have spent the better part of the last 3 years getting beat up..

You forgot to add the part of making millions at the same time.

Awesome video TY TS!

Great to see some boxers getting into MMA, some say that boxing is still the better sport but come on... We know most boxers would get ragdolled the first couple bouts in MMA.

Of course you can use jabs to the body JDS probably one of the best boxers in the game uses it all the time. And ya Bendo punching Diaz's leg and then finishing up top was awesome.

That comparison is horrible man, obviously a boxer will get schooled in an mma match but put an mma fighter in a boxing match and the mma fighter will get beat on.

Dana looks and sounds different amazing what a few years can do. Where was Diego during this video stage wise who was he fighting?

Man, that really was the turning point of his career (not in a good way). All Diego had to do was beat Josh and he could have had a shot at the belt. Instead, he lost to Josh and Fitch (which isn't overly bad), and never looked the same.

I hope he can get back to Diego "crazy, weird, yoga in a thunderstorm, mariachi, dirty" Sanchez.

Yeah he dropped back to back fights and some people I remember felt he was focusing too much on training with De La Hoya, I believe he also switched from Greg Jackson's at the time. I will say this, his run at 155 was beastly and his only blunder was against Penn for the belt. That's why I'm pretty excited to see him back at 155, looked like a different dude completely even though his latest run at 170 was nothing to complain about it one bit.

So will we see some Golden Boy sponsored MMA fighters soon?

84442886-golden-boy-promoter-boxer-oscar-de-la-hoya-gettyimages.jpg

84448260-donald-trump-vice-president-of-affliction-tom-gettyimages.jpg

Love hearing boxer's of De La Hoya's caliber give their opinions on mma. Hes right too Rory couldve finished him in that 2nd round. It was brutal to watch as it was

All this talk people saying Rory could have finished BJ, have you not seen BJ fight?

He has never been knocked down in his career, he has one of the best chins ever and is durable as anyone that has fought in MMA. I'm not a BJ fan but to give Rory criticism about not finishing some like BJ Penn is just stupid.

Pretty cool to see Oscar offer advice to Macdonald. I think if he would of jabbed to the body and then followed up to the face, he probably would of done a lot more damage to Penn and dont say you cant use jabs to the body in MMA, Benson was jabbing the crap out of Diaz's leg.

"Rory I know our sense of style is misunderstood. But if you're fond of wearing the ladies panties, be sure no cameras are allowed

nice to see Rory's talent and 'it' factor being recognized by a boxing great.

Back