De La Hoya has advice for Rory Macdonald

Kinda sad isnt it.

BJ Penn for his era, is right behind 1. Chuck 2. Tito 3. Randy 4. Hughes 5. BJ for fame. And Oscar wouldnt know BJ if he bumped into him.

It actually is sad, but it's all about baby-steps. 10 years ago a guy like Oscar (boxing legend and boxing promoter) would have never even admitted to watching an MMA event. His business partner Bernard was saying the sport was for gays a few years ago (he has since flat out said he was wrong in saying that, respect to EX for that btw)...so I think we should be happy with the baby steps that MMA is making with it's combat sport brothers.

Give it another 10-years and you'll see tons of camp-collaborations between boxers and MMA fighters, similar to the Diaz/Cotto relationship...but more of a partnership.

It will be good for both sports.

lol, De la Hoya: "that opponent he was fighting against..." he didn't even know BJ's name. BJ's star is fading fast

Pretty cool to see Oscar offer advice to Macdonald. I think if he would of jabbed to the body and then followed up to the face, he probably would of done a lot more damage to Penn and dont say you cant use jabs to the body in MMA, Benson was jabbing the crap out of Diaz's leg.

lol . doesnt know bj penn ?

Pretty cool to see Oscar offer advice to Macdonald. I think if he would of jabbed to the body and then followed up to the face, he probably would of done a lot more damage to Penn and dont say you cant use jabs to the body in MMA, Benson was jabbing the crap out of Diaz's leg.

it's not a jab if it is with your power hand

Kinda sad isnt it.

BJ Penn for his era, is right behind 1. Chuck 2. Tito 3. Randy 4. Hughes 5. BJ for fame. And Oscar wouldnt know BJ if he bumped into him.

I'd say its not sad mainly because the rich and famous tend to be disconnected at times.

No, he beat him fairly easily. Don't let the bad scoring fool you. Still, I think Oscar's career is getting underrated a little bit as of late.

You dont win rounds by staying on the ropes and letting Oscar tee off on you. PBF def. won the later rounds convincingly, and was beating Oscar to the punch easy but he lost some rounds at the beginning.

True but regarding the leg jabs they were clearly used just to set up that punch to the head at the end that clobbered Diaz. They were undeniably effective but I doubt Bendo will be able to pull that switch-aroo again now that everyone has seen it.

You dont win rounds by staying on the ropes and letting Oscar tee off on you. PBF def. won the later rounds convincingly, and was beating Oscar to the punch easy but he lost some rounds at the beginning.

Floyd lost about 2 or 3 rounds, clearly. I can see scoring that fight in 118-110 to 116-112 for Mayweather. Oscar had some success but it was limited to a few rounds.

Just watched the second round of their fight again.
Rory was very agressive there.

"@OscarDeLaHoya: @Mexitly81 serious because I'm watching the UFC and I bought the ppv and it looks and feels like crap. And I can't wait till we take over."

His twitter. Doesn't like mma TOO much.

"@OscarDeLaHoya: @Mexitly81 serious because I'm watching the UFC and I bought the ppv and it looks and feels like crap. And I can't wait till we take over."

His twitter. Doesn't like mma TOO much.

No one should have ever told Oscar about twitter. He is worse than Dana with calling special announcements about nothing or musing about how might revive his career.

I almost wonder if, instead of that, he was trying to avoid specifically saying "I would have fucked BJ Penn's life," and instead get a more general idea across like "If I were in that specific situation where a guy was hurt like that..."

I think its more this

when is fishnets make sure no camera's are around.

when is fishnets make sure no camera's are around.

images

A lot of boxing people love MMA. Some have grown to love it more.

I came to be a fan of MMA through boxing. Have been a boxing fan since 1992. First fight I ever saw was Bowe/Holyfield on HBO. The first fight. My step father allowed me to stay up and watch it with him and I was instantly hooked.

It's only natural that a lot of boxing fans would be interested in MMA. Both are contact sports, and boxing is a huge element in MMA.

Don't get so pissed at the boxing only elitists.

Back