De La Hoya has advice for Rory Macdonald

He was working the body, then going to the head. sure some straight jabs to the body might have helped, but BJ is an extremely hard guy to finish. He's got that whole defense thing down to a science, where he can cover his head with his hand and still cover his body with his elbows somehow.

Nick Diaz only stopped him because of BJ's corner , or the Doctor stopped it, IIRC? I think it was between rounds right? BJ is a very hard guy to KO. But if Rory had just let loose with everything, the ref was looking very close, probably would have astopped it, if he landed 2 or 3 more punishing body shots.

Cool to see Oscar chimin in, but strange to see he doesn't know who BJ penn is? Or maybe he was trying not to call him out by name? Dunno.

"@OscarDeLaHoya: @Mexitly81 serious because I'm watching the UFC and I bought the ppv and it looks and feels like crap. And I can't wait till we take over."

His twitter. Doesn't like mma TOO much.

to be fair, ufc production value is pretty shitty compared to boxing. they need to step it up (not to pride level, but close)

He was working the body, then going to the head. sure some straight jabs to the body might have helped, but BJ is an extremely hard guy to finish. He's got that whole defense thing down to a science, where he can cover his head with his hand and still cover his body with his elbows somehow.

Nick Diaz only stopped him because of BJ's corner , or the Doctor stopped it, IIRC? I think it was between rounds right? BJ is a very hard guy to KO. But if Rory had just let loose with everything, the ref was looking very close, probably would have astopped it, if he landed 2 or 3 more punishing body shots.

Cool to see Oscar chimin in, but strange to see he doesn't know who BJ penn is? Or maybe he was trying not to call him out by name? Dunno.

No. Diaz didn't finish Penn.

I agree with bj hurt that badly to the body the jab to the body would have froze him and opened him up high for a punch or head kick. Changing levels with the jab definitely could have helped

Back